Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana View Post
    oh god. i don't do this, but the friends i queue lfr with sometimes do. and the reason they do it is because it is a harmless action to need on a green, but they know that there are those who will take this as a serious offense and bitch about it.

it's intentional shit stirring, but i look at it as more of a commentary on how uptight the WoW community has gotten. people feel like superior players for greeding on items like they're "supposed to", but the need option is there (for those who can use it), so there really is no harm in using it.
    Nail on head.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    TL;DR - Get off your high horse and quit with the petty booting ppl that need on greens in LFR.
    see if everyone just rolled need, then no one could cry "ninja"

this is why me and quite a few i know just follow a certain rule of thumb, run with /loot you see others hit need just hit need yourself if no one else did than just greed/de .

If you need on a green item you are showing how much of a dick you are. People don't like to be around that kind of people and they will vote-kick accordingly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    deprave their chance of such loot? what a pair of green plate boots worth 23g? crap, thats really depraving me, i'll never afford any of my gems or enchants now.
    It adds up, obviously you know that since you're ninjaing quite a lot I guess?

It's LFR, who cares, if it was a guild run on normal or heroic, that's fine, kick, but LFR kicking over green is just pathetic plus I fail to see how needing on greens is destroying everyones fun, we clearly have different ideas about that word. If you're in LFR legit needing on greens then sort your shit out, you should do heroics first, hell, buy some contenders off the AH if you're that desperate.
    Let's see, if someone is needing in LFR/LFD on stuff they obviously don't need they are douchebags hands down. These people would have no problem needing on stuff other players need aswell. Just because said players aren't from the same guild doesn't mean I have to take shit from them nor does the rest of the group and obviously they agreed, otherwise you wouldn't have been kicked.
    What is pathethic isn't people not wanting to run LFR/LFD with these people who steal, because that's what they are doing, but the people doing it in the first place. Your argumentation is like telling someone to get over being robbed, afterall they haven't been shot and they can just earn new money and calling the police would be a douchebag move.

If you are ninjaing in my groups, in 9/10 cases you'll find yourself outside as I'm more often than not the tank/healer and don't queue solo. It is a 30 second thing that will vastly improve mine and the rest of the groups chances at lootand enjoyment from the dungeon because we don't have to carry anti social gimps through and cost us absolutely nothing. A new DPS will be right there to replace them.

They earned their kick, they were greedy, egoistical and rude and got rightfully removed from the group. You guys get to ninja an item, we get to kick you from the group. But sadly you aren't happy about being kicked, so you actually cry about the injustice that has been dealt to you. You cry and cry and cry and call people not wanting to take your BS douchebags and greedy while YOU'RE the one's stealing everything you can need on.

If it's worth more than 30g I need and vendor after run. Easy gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana View Post
    oh god. i don't do this, but the friends i queue lfr with sometimes do. and the reason they do it is because it is a harmless action to need on a green, but they know that there are those who will take this as a serious offense and bitch about it.

it's intentional shit stirring, but i look at it as more of a commentary on how uptight the WoW community has gotten. people feel like superior players for greeding on items like they're "supposed to", but the need option is there (for those who can use it), so there really is no harm in using it.
    "I don't, but my FRIENDS DO!" Why is it that it is never people themselves but always "their friends" or "their aquaintances" or "their mother" who does this kind of thing and they have to rage and cry on the forums about those douchebags being mistreated and booted from a group whining little salty tears?

That being said, if those items are so worthless and nobody cares, why do you guys need in the first place? According to your logic there is no need to need at all since the items aren't worth risking all this drama over. Yet somehow you can't keep your little greedy fingers to you, you have to need on them and then get angry if people proceed to boot you from the group as you deserve it.
    It's not "shit stirring" in fact it is very far from it. It is people not being willing to drag others through LFR/LFD who are being egoistical douchebags and behave in an antisocial and disgusting manner. These people lose nothing from ridding themselves of these douchebags, in fact they win by doing so. So why exactly shouldn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    If it's worth more than 30g I need and vendor after run. Easy gold.
    And this is proof of what I'm saying. At least this guy is honest about it while you are hiding behind a veil of tears and lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    You are the one crying for people kicking you from groups. Ninja less, get kicked less, cry less? Would be a solution to your problem.
    Loving the strawman arguments here.

I've never been kicked from a group for needing on a green, ever.

Might want to explain how people not being willing to let ninjas carry on ninjaing whatever they can such depraving everyone else of their chance to get said loot and quite possibly ending up taking something someone needs while destroying everyone's fun is "even more douche"?
    It's a green item.

A green.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    I would kick, it is a good 8-20g there, every gold counts.

And obvious enough people cared so that the vote kick went through, that is all that matters.
    You're more greedy than the ninjas if you think 8-20g is worth kicking someone for... despite the fact (as you claimed earlier), that you have 300k gold.

You only need four more people to vote "yes", not exactly the entire thought process of every single person in the raid.

---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 07:38 AM ----------

Adds up to what? How many greens have you won in LFR? Assuming everyone rolls greed, you have a 1/25 chance of getting it. Greens do not drop every single run either.

That people find this as some kind of moral outrage is HILARIOUS.

I've seen it happen quite often actually, I don't agree with people needing on things just to vendor so I don't mind hitting the button once someone goes through the trouble and enough other people are annoyed by it as well.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Boom goes the dynamite! Almost entertaining how quickly those without logic run out of defense for their mindless actions.
    I'm not going to repeat myself ad infinitum.

There's no logic crying over split milk. =)

Why is this hard to follow? "LOLZ DUNT CRY" is not and never was a valid response to anything, it's simply the popular cue card the internet kids run to when they're out of valid rebuttals.
    Already been refuted, no need to repeat myself.

Nope. Would you like to go double or nothing?
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

Meh, my mindset is, I don't need on them myself, and it's a minor annoyance at best when people need on them, if they need on a BoE epic or something (Which, in LFR is BoP anyway) I would be more annoyed.

Realistically, at 90 the item is DE mats or a few gold, I do get people saying about the principle of the thing and all that, and I won't say it's a great habit, but at the same time, I wouldn't get worked up over it.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    if it's just 1 green item I normally don't care enough to vote kick unless someone else tries to vote erm of.
    If it's a locked chest, then yes, I'm gona vote kick the turd, I gotten well over 100 gold from those.

Yeah, I'd say both sides are wrong. I don't like it when people need on the greens, but I don't usually kick anymore. You'd probably have wanted to kick them in the old system, as it would've been a sign that they'd need on all the boss drops.

What I don't get is why you can need on Lockboxes, just is obnoxious when several people do. I mean, what's the rationale there, that you need the gold?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post

It's a green item.

A green.

You're more greedy than the ninjas if you think 8-20g is worth kicking someone for... despite the fact (as you claimed earlier), that you have 300k gold.

You only need four more people to vote "yes", not exactly the entire thought process of every single person in the raid.

---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 07:38 AM ----------

Adds up to what? How many greens have you won in LFR? Assuming everyone rolls greed, you have a 1/25 chance of getting it. Greens do not drop every single run either.

If needing a green is OK because its in the game, then so is kicking the one who needed, because its in the game.. Its really that simple!
    Stating that somone is a greedy because he vote to kick is just silly, your greedy when you need the green. If you get kicked get over it, as its part of the game! Heck, i can even kick somone just for the lolz and still not a big thing as it is allowed.
    Its kinda the same as ganking lowbies, its allowed, that doesnt mean its a nice thing to do and usually only people who cant cut it on a level playingfield would do such a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a dick move and I will initiate a vote kick every time.

Deleted

Unlike yours mine aren't strawman arguments, yours are pretty much "I've been kicked for being a douche QQ" and if people call you out on it "But I've never been kicked QQ".
    It's a green item.

A green.
    So what? Also this makes needing on it even more questionable. If it is a green item nobody needs, why would you NEED on it in the first place?

The people needing on greens in LFR are the sames needing on them in LFD and other parts of the game. And it easily adds up to insane ammounts over time. Stop pretending it doesn't, otherwise you would have no reason to need in the first place. What is hilarious is that you being a thieving egoistical douchebag seems to be completly normal and you only get outraged and start crying big fake tears once people boot you as you deserve it.

10+ Year Old Account
    *shrugs* I normally dislike people when they need on something they don't need, it's just my way of life. In an LFR, I wouldn't start the kick, but if someone else started it then I'll gladly pick yes.

If it's useless for you, why click need? Just greed like everyone else. End of story. I don't want to be the bad guy against such actions, but if someone gets the ball going, I'll gladly accept the fact that he -did- need on a green. But if no one makes the vote, then I'll just complain a moment in my head and go on. But again, I rarely see needers on greens in LFR. It's always Greed or DE.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Unlike yours mine aren't strawman arguments, yours are pretty much "I've been kicked for being a douche QQ" and if people call you out on it "But I've never been kicked QQ".
    They are strawman arguments. You're saying I'm crying about being kicked, when I never even have... clearly trying to misinterpret me.

So what? Also this makes needing on it even more questionable. If it is a green item nobody needs, why would you NEED on it in the first place?
    Because it's too trivial of a thing to worry about someone needing it. Because the option is there to roll for it. It's free gold. There's nothing stopping you from rolling need on a lockbox, or various greens for your class.

And it easily adds up to insane ammounts over time.
    No, it doesn't. You're trying to exaggerate the amount you actually get selling greens to make it more important than it is. A green will net you on average, 16 - 30g. You are not going to win them all the time if other people roll greed too, they are not going to drop all the time so don't give me this BS about "easily adding up" because it doesn't. You earn more gold doing several dailies than you would with greens from LFR for months and months.

Stop pretending it doesn't, otherwise you would have no reason to need in the first place.
    It doesn't. It's pure math. The reason someone would roll need is because it's free gold, the same reason you're rolling greed. But don't think it's because it's for any substantial gain.

What is hilarious is that you being a thieving egoistical douchebag seems to be completly normal and you only get outraged and start crying big fake tears once people boot you as you deserve it.
    Yes, yes, I'm suddenly a thief and a douchebag because I think this whole thing is trivial and you're crying over perhaps the most inefficient method of gold farming. If you are in badly need of gold, then do dailies, play the auction house, etc.

Yes, yes, I'm suddenly a thief and a douchebag because I think this whole thing is trivial and you're crying over perhaps the most inefficient method of gold farming. If you are in badly need of gold, then do dailies, play the auction house, etc.
    This x 10000000
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps