Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Execute damage -25%.

Quick thinkers what does this mean? How much will this affect our dps? Will there be any buffs to other spells?

Execute damage -25% would result in a significant DPS loss for all 3 speccs which is over the top IMHO.

Hopefully execute will stop being 15% to 20% of our damage depending on fight. Nothing sucks more than during progression and telling your GM yeah i'll be good at 20% the last 2min of a 10+ min fight. Yay. It sucks so bad. You see people doing 135K dps, and you're doing 110K cause so much of your damage is tied into execute.

Until somebody runs the numbers, its a two-sided argument.

1) I like doing higher pre 20% damage, therefore rather nerf execute than my other main rotational abilities.

2) I like big executes because BIG NUMBERZ!!11! or nostalgia etc.

Roflmao what game are they playing. Did they see what all those other specs without the slightest amount of effort are able to pull out ? Now I have to pray even harder for a decent amount of bt crits and decent spread on them - ah that's fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by slondon View Post
    Until somebody runs the numbers, its a two-sided argument.

1) I like doing higher pre 20% damage, therefore rather nerf execute than my other main rotational abilities.
    You don't do higher pre 20% damage unless I am missing some major buffs. At least nothing that seems remotely comparable to a flat 25% nerf to execute.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-02-22 at 06:56 PM.

Sorry the word choice I used was poor, let me re-phrase. 'I prefer not having my DPS so backend heavy and relying on execute to boost it so much.'

Wow, that's a pretty big nerf.

Anyone able to tell if execute will be worth hitting over abilities like slam, RB, etc now?

At the rate they are chopping and changing damage and damage distribution, I wouldn't be surprised if there is another 'adjustment' down the line. But that remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by slondon View Post
    At the rate they are chopping and changing damage and damage distribution, I wouldn't be surprised if there is another 'adjustment' down the line. But that remains to be seen.
    Probably adjusting rb /bt/ws by 25% so it matches better with execute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is this nerf posted?

Deleted
    excute ~ 15.0% of our dmg

15/4 = 3,75% dps nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Where is this nerf posted?
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...sues-part-iii/ last post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, i'm tired of being forced into smf. Tweaks will come, so hopefully it isn't just a flat nerf and we'll have at least one dps spec that is mid-high range dps.
    Last edited by johnrockks; 2013-02-22 at 07:18 PM.

Currently, there isn't any changes to anything besides execute, which will be ~5-7% nerf for Fury, while being a 2-3% nerf for Arms. With Fury (prior to this change) being so close to Arms as is, this leans heavily toward Arms being THE dps spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Girana View Post
    excute ~ 15.0% of our dmg

15/4 = 3,75% dps nerf
    I was thinking something along those lines if execute is 12% of the damage it would be a 3% nerf about the same as the BT, CS, RB nerf but now we're higher above 20% while still having a decent dps increase below 20%. Not bad overall imo

Seems like a more significant nerf for Fury (specifically SMF) than Arms. Not to say Arms doesn't do a lot of it's damage during Execute phase, but it doesn't rely on it as heavily as SMF.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbad View Post
    but now we're higher above 20%
    I don't really see how fury is considerably higher above 20%.
    Overall it depends a bit on encounter length as a short execute phase can make the contribution from execute quite high. Well unless there are some other changes this could be just as well the dragonsoul patch for fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    Wow, that's a pretty big nerf.

Anyone able to tell if execute will be worth hitting over abilities like slam, RB, etc now?
    Nah, execute will still be hardest hitting GCD. But this nerf is painful.

Funny enough, I was doing calculations based on my logs with what I thought was a 9 x buff to CS (read the notes wrong) and I think there's some potential for an overall CS dmg increase. If they were to fine tune the numbers to compensate a bit for the execute loss, these two changes might do some real good in balancing TG, SMF and arms. I think that if they increased CS's overall dmg around 4x, then this execute nerf would not be as painful, but at the same time would increase the competitiveness of TG and arms.

However, I don't know arms rotation too well and this may make arms way too good since CS becomes available so much through procs. Also, I dont know how this would affect warrior PVP and there would probably be a lot of QQ with this.

Do you people seriously not understand how your own spec works? Fury scales with gear so insanely through Crit that Fury number nerfs are inevitable ever raid tier. Execute got nerfed but due to Crit scaling on gear our pre 20% damage will increase. Due to the Enrage mechanic Crit doesn't scale (mostly) linearly like stats do for other classes and instead the power of crit grows exponentially and becomes even more powerful the more we can obtain.

If anything this is a good change, now we won't be so dependent on Execute.

Quote Originally Posted by sOvrn View Post
    Nah, execute will still be hardest hitting GCD. But this nerf is painful.
    That's probable but the dpr in comparison with rb specifically for tg should have taken quite a hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Do you people seriously not understand how your own spec works? Fury scales with gear so insanely through Crit that Fury number nerfs are
    Believe it or not but fury isn't the only spec with decent statweights.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-02-22 at 08:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Do you people seriously not understand how your own spec works? Fury scales with gear so insanely through Crit that Fury number nerfs are inevitable ever raid tier. Execute got nerfed but due to Crit scaling on gear our pre 20% damage will increase. Due to the Enrage mechanic Crit doesn't scale (mostly) linearly like stats do for other classes and instead the power of crit grows exponentially and becomes even more powerful the more we can obtain.

If anything this is a good change, now we won't be so dependent on Execute.
    So.. fury is the only warr spec to use execute. I did indeed needed your explanation.