Poll: Would you like this new Glyph?

[Frost Idea] Glyph of the Water Spirit

Is anyone sick at walking around with an ugly Water Elemental, well I am.

I recently started leveling a Mage, started at level 1 and decided to spec frost. Through out my leveling experience I have had this water elemental by myside the whole time. I delt with it, until I hit Pandaria and reliazed that I should be able to have one of the new fancy elemental spirits.

My idea is simple, I would like to have a minor glyph that allows us to change the cosmetic look of our big ugly water elemental, to one of the new water spirits.

Would you be for, or against this change?

Quote Originally Posted by Dsfunctional View Post
    Is anyone sick at walking around with an ugly Water Elemental, well I am.

I recently started leveling a Mage, started at level 1 and decided to spec frost. Through out my leveling experience I have had this water elemental by myside the whole time. I delt with it, until I hit Pandaria and reliazed that I should be able to have one of the new fancy elemental spirits.

My idea is simple, I would like to have a minor glyph that allows us to change the cosmetic look of our big ugly water elemental, to one of the new water spirits.

Would you be for, or against this change?
    Yes.

Another minor as well to make the elemental smaller (If using the Major glyph, it bring it to normal size)

I'd also appreciate one that allows us to name them. Would love to name mine Squishy (if normal) or Lei Shi (with your glyph)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Yes.

Another minor as well to make the elemental smaller (If using the Major glyph, it bring it to normal size)

I'd also appreciate one that allows us to name them. Would love to name mine Squishy (if normal) or Lei Shi (with your glyph)
    I would assume that the Water Spirit would be much smaller than our current Elemental. But that would be a nice change too.

Like leveling a Hunter, I have found way too often when I go to loot a mob, I click on the big damn blue guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsfunctional View Post
    I would assume that the Water Spirit would be much smaller than our current Elemental. But that would be a nice change too.

Like leveling a Hunter, I have found way too often when I go to loot a mob, I click on the big damn blue guy.
    Well I mean my glyph would just be to cancel the stupid major glyph. You probably wouldn't use it with the Lei Shi lookalike.

I ALSO WANT TO NAME MY PETS DAMMAT. THEY'RE PERMANENT PETS, THEY SHOULD BE NAMEABLE!
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Well I mean my glyph would just be to cancel the stupid major glyph. You probably wouldn't use it with the Lei Shi lookalike.

I ALSO WANT TO NAME MY PETS DAMMAT. THEY'RE PERMANENT PETS, THEY SHOULD BE NAMEABLE!
    Seriously. Bloop needs to officially be named Bloop.

I also wouldn't mind a glyph to turn the water elemental into an ice elemental(the Cata models). Would be neat.

Agree 100%, never figured out why we didn`t get this when Welly became a permanent pet. The glyph would be a nice change too, or it would be even better if we could choose which ice/water elemental to turn it into.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Seriously. Bloop needs to officially be named Bloop.

I also wouldn't mind a glyph to turn the water elemental into an ice elemental(the Cata models). Would be neat.
    Yes yes yes yes yes. Frost Revenants ftw!

I also love how 50% of our minors are polymorph modifiers when we have 4 Polymorphs anyways. FUCK THOSE MINORS, I WANT ACTUAL FUN ONES!

Ability to Rename water elemental, Glyph of water spirit, Glyph of Like a Surf (Top hat and monocle), Glyph of Frost Revenant (and questioning why the glyph we have makes him grow) were all things thrown around in the beta. Sadly due to the low amount of frost mages no one really gave a shit and threads like this got buried even when all the responses were positive. Kind of sad really.

Warlocks can't name their pets, why should you guys get to? I agree that a glyph to change the appearance away from that outdated model is in order, but naming pets should remain a Hunter only thing. Summoned beings don't matter to the summoner, why should they be named? If anything maybe a random name generator like the DK pets get.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Warlocks can't name their pets, why should you guys get to? I agree that a glyph to change the appearance away from that outdated model is in order, but naming pets should remain a Hunter only thing. Summoned beings don't matter to the summoner, why should they be named? If anything maybe a random name generator like the DK pets get.
    Because by lore Warlock pets are really pre-existing demons that you have summoned to the mortal plane and bound to your soul. Water elemental's are just a conjour of water and your own arcane magics. The water elemental exists because it inherited part of your own power and is a part of you, if you invent/create something you have the right to name it whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    Because by lore Warlock pets are really pre-existing demons that you have summoned to the mortal plane and bound to your soul. Water elemental's are just a conjour of water and your own arcane magics. The water elemental exists because it inherited part of your own power and is a part of you, if you invent/create something you have the right to name it whatever you want.
    ^

Also, I'm all for Warlocks getting to name their demons now that they finally gave you green fire. Nothing wrong with a nickname.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 07:13 PM ----------

Ability to Rename water elemental, Glyph of water spirit, Glyph of Like a Surf (Top hat and monocle), Glyph of Frost Revenant (and questioning why the glyph we have makes him grow) were all things thrown around in the beta. Sadly due to the low amount of frost mages no one really gave a shit and threads like this got buried even when all the responses were positive. Kind of sad really.
    Seeing as how we have SHIT for minors anyways... HERE'S A BAZILLION USELESS POLYMORPH COSMETICS!

Seeing as how we have SHIT for minors anyways... HERE'S A BAZILLION USELESS POLYMORPH COSMETICS!
    I never understood why half our polys are glyphs and the other half spells. I would prefer them all spells and a single glyph that merges all poly spells into one allowing a random poly on cast. Your a pig! now your a sheep!, now your a rabbit! MUAHHAHAHHAHHA

I never understood why half our polys are glyphs and the other half spells. I would prefer them all spells and a single glyph that merges all poly spells into one allowing a random poly on cast. Your a pig! now your a sheep!, now your a rabbit! MUAHHAHAHHAHHA
    Removes the need for me to have my Random Poly macro. Would be nice.

Seriously though, we have very boring/shitty minors. I would love some nice cosmetics, and Polymorph is the one spell that isn't used in PvE and breaks instantly/don't have time to stare at it in PvP.

yes Yes OH GAWD YES! Id love to get one of the new water elemental models. New minor glyph that changes the appearance and allows for customization of you elemental (read: give it a name!). It is just like any other pet and should have a name. I cringe whenever I see "Water Elemental - _____'s Pet". UGH! Let me change it. I dont even care too much about the size issue (though making it smaller would ofc be an improvement) just make these 2 things happen.

Id call him Bubbles

Too bad Blizzard doesn't believe in fun, even less so towards the Mage class (have you SEEN our L90 talents?), so this tiny cosmetic idea will never see the light of day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ideally I'd like a glyph to be able to get rid of the Water Elemental while Frost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.