Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    How was Thrall supposed to see into the future?
    Clearly by using Farsight.

Back on topic. I actually like this idea, Thrall making Garrosh warchief really was a CRITICAL FAILURE on his part, and if they don't put him to work to fix the mess then exile is appropriate in my books. A big problem with this whole warchief deal is that someone is always cleaning up after someone else's mess, it's very rare that they fix the problems during their reign (holy crap this sounds like the SAME situation as the freaking United States!).

Personally, I'm pulling for Thrall DYING in this expansion. It would make for an unexpected plot twist and a good quest/raid story. That or Wrathion revealing that he wants to be villain and utterly destroying Garrosh with bullshit dragon powers and then eating the Sha to become Omega Wrathion and just roasting everybody. Oh don't look at me like that, it would be hilarious.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    The Alliance SHOULD (realistically) demand some punishment for Thrall.
    What? No. Thrall needs not be punished for his err in judgement. The man accepts he made a mistake, it's not something he did with any malice. He thought Garrosh had taken to heart the lessons he and older wise Orcs had taught him. He's not responsible for Garrosh bastardising and ignoring the lessons he taught. He is responsible for putting Grom on a pedestal and not informing Garrosh how much of a bastard he was. But I guess this is how the writers want to go down; where a lifetime of horrible deeds and acts can be reversed by one deed, done more out of selfishness than selflessness. Thrall's Horde, one he sacrificed much for is collapsing on front of his eyes and the Alliance is (or should be) having a hand in that because of the outrageous and unchecked aggression Garrosh unleashed on them in the wake of the Cataclysm. It's going to be a tough road; the Horde will have to be an underdog following Garrosh' removal, if Thrall even returns to the Warchief seat.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 09:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuna View Post
    Clearly by using Farsight.
    Not every prophecy viewed will come to pass. They are purely potential outcomes.

Oy vey can't you alliance fanboys ever learn to grow up. Thrall is no longer warchief. He gave up everything to enter into training to become a world shaman powerful enough to defeat deathwing. He gave up a life in the horde to enjoy a life with a family of his own which he never had before till that time. Even the horde that exists now has made it clear that it doesn't want him back. Garrosh has pretty much seen to that so why should thrall have to pay for the crimes of garrosh. In the end both sides have done terrible things before, during, and after cata but those who have become neutral parties of the past should not have to pay for the crimes of others committed in the present.

The Horde after the siege will be crippled, and at the mercy of the Alliance (or so it seems). The Alliance SHOULD (realistically) demand some punishment for Thrall. I mean, this whole thing would have been avoided if he chilled for a minute and though about who he was making Warchief.

Even members of the Horde should have a lot of ill feelings to Thrall, as he technically put them into a war they had no reason starting (only the Orcs were living in bad conditions at the time).

Exiled doesn't mean will never see him. All it means is he no longer belongs to a faction. I mean, isnt a secluded family life what he always wanted?
    I would not be so quick to assume the Alliance will be in position to make significant demands of the Horde.

There are a number of factors that could play into this. In general the Horde rebellion might be so widespread that the Alliance lacks a serious numerical advantage (Garrosh in this case would heavily rely on forces not traditionally part of the Horde to defend the city), meaning the Horde calling their bluff would at best result in a Pyrrhic victory on the part of the Alliance. Sure they might technically control Orgrimmar, but the Horde are in a better position to launch a counterattack then the Alliance is to defend the city, and the massive casualties from these battles might mean there is little stopping some other hostile force from walking into Stormwind and taking over.

In addition it's likely the Burning Legion will be on the way and the leaders of the Alliance and Horde might know this by the time the Siege rolls around. Because of this the Alliance will simply need it's forces elsewhere.

In either case, the only thing the Alliance can hope for is anything they managed to take prior to the Siege of Orgrimmar as well as a few good faith gestures on the part of the Horde that the Alliance can match simply by walking away from Orgrimmar. Demands just won't be in the cards.

As for Thrall specifically, I think any penance he endures will ultimately be self inflicted. This could be as simple as declaring himself unworthy to lead the Horde and stepping aside, or as significant as a sort of self-imposed exile. But I doubt he'll be forced into exile by the Alliance or otherwise.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

By your logic so many pro football and baseball coaches/general managers would be sitting with their heads hung in exile somewhere. The poor bastards...

... Let's do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Linzo View Post
    It's Thrall's Horde.
    "The orcs have changed. My Horde has changed. Do I kill my fellow orcs until it is once again "my" Horde? Do I have any right to try force the Horde to be what it once was?"

http://www.wowpedia.org/Queste-Subjugation

vol'jin for warchief 2013

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't it be so sweet if the Horde turned to democracy after deposing Garrosh? Take that you Alliance monarchists!

Deleted
    i haven't seen thrall for a while.. so is Saurfang. I hope thrall won't exile but stays in charge, as a co-warchief for when the other one gets a bit messy like garrosh.

Perhaps they will give him a house somewhere on the coast of durotar with draka and his family and you have to earn some respect with them by doing quests/dailies.

The Horde after the siege will be crippled, and at the mercy of the Alliance (or so it seems). The Alliance SHOULD (realistically) demand some punishment for Thrall. I mean, this whole thing would have been avoided if he chilled for a minute and though about who he was making Warchief.

Even members of the Horde should have a lot of ill feelings to Thrall, as he technically put them into a war they had no reason starting (only the Orcs were living in bad conditions at the time).

Exiled doesn't mean will never see him. All it means is he no longer belongs to a faction. I mean, isnt a secluded family life what he always wanted?

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 08:43 PM ----------

I semi agree.

He should be exiled, but maybe to Nagrand, where he can work with the spirits there and teach the Mag'Har.
    Seems to be a common misconception that the Siege involves destroying the Horde. We're killing Garrosh and his loyalists. The Siege occurs since the entire Horde goes against Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    Seems to be a common misconception that the Siege involves destroying the Horde. We're killing Garrosh and his loyalists. The Siege occurs since the entire Horde goes against Garrosh.
    Feels like the Alliance will be doing the Horde a favor in the long run more than anything. "You killed our psychotic tyrant of a Warchief for us? Thanks!"

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    How was Thrall supposed to see into the future?
    Farsight? /silly

He could've spoken to the Spirits? They tend to have feelings about this sort of stuff. Like, "Spirits, what do you see if I make Garrosh the Warchief of the Horde...?" "Blood... war on the horizon... fire and darkness."

Really, it seemed like he just kinda said to himself, "Grom's son! He can do it. Alright, time to go do Shaman things!"

Quote Originally Posted by baldcore View Post
    In the end both sides have done terrible things before, during, and after cata
    No, both sides haven't. But thats aside the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Farsight? /silly

He could've spoken to the Spirits? They tend to have feelings about this sort of stuff. Like, "Spirits, what do you see if I make Garrosh the Warchief of the Horde...?" "Blood... war on the horizon... fire and darkness."

Really, it seemed like he just kinda said to himself, "Grom's son! He can do it. Alright, time to go do Shaman things!"

Just like how Ner'zhul should of seen Kil'Jaeden manipulate the Orcs and him for his own ends. Same with Drek'thar forseeing other things etc etc etc. Oh wait they didn't. Excuse my snarky attitude but going "LOL FARSIGHT" is not a good excuse. It's not easy to see the future.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    The Alliance killing Thrall? Lol who are they gonna send to kill him? Thrall would ruin anyone in that faction or his own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    The Alliance killing Thrall? Lol who are they gonna send to kill him? Thrall would ruin anyone in that faction or his own.
    Thrall is probably the most powerful mortal on Azeroth (aside from the Guardian/s). He was able to hold his own for a while against a Focusing Iris empowered Jaina. Without the Iris, she is powerful enough to singlehandedly wipe out entire waves of Garrosh's army at Theramore.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a load of complete garbage.

I know this falls on deaf ears to a load of hate mongering gaming dorks, but This Is Thralls Horde.

He gave up everything to save the bloody planet, so you morons could carry on fighting you idiotic war like children in a sand pit.

This is like saying 'Jaina should be exiled from the alliance because she didn't stop Arthas when he had the chance, and dammed thousends of people'.

Its a childish and ridiculous argument.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2013-02-22 at 10:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    I also find it annoying that when Garrosh was attacking Theramore, and Jaina pleaded Thrall for help, he did not help, and said it wasn't his concern. But the moment Jaina was about to attack Orgrimmar, Thrall appeared to stop her, not wanting her to attack his ppl (despite claiming that the business between the Horde and Alliance is no longer his concern and not wanting to help Jaina) I used to respect Thrall, but now i'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Thrall is probably the most powerful mortal on Azeroth (aside from the Guardian/s). He was able to hold his own for a while against a Focusing Iris empowered Jaina. Without the Iris, she is powerful enough to singlehandedly wipe out entire waves of Garrosh's army at Theramore.
    Power is relative ,a good placed arrow can end any mortal no matter how powerful.

Thrall feels guilty and will carry it around with him for the rest of his life, that is enough. He made a very poor choice, which had dire consequences. Such things happen from time to time.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-02-22 at 10:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KenjiNitari View Post
    I also find it annoying that when Garrosh was attacking Theramore, and Jaina pleaded Thrall for help, he did not help, and said it wasn't his concern. But the moment Jaina was about to attack Orgrimmar, Thrall appeared to stop her, not wanting her to attack his ppl (despite claiming that the business between the Horde and Alliance is no longer his concern and not wanting to help Jaina) I used to respect Thrall, but now i'm not sure.
    Your fabricating facts. She did not approach Thrall for help when she knew Garrosh was going to attack her city.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 10:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Power is relative ,a good placed arrow can end any mortal no matter how powerful.

Thrall feels guilty and will carry it around with him for the rest of his life, that is enough. He made a very poor choice, which had dire consequences. Such things happen from time to time.
    Yeah, but apparently its ok for the alliance to fuk up and make mistakes, such as with Arthas and allowing him to carry on his mad quest, and yet with Thrall he should be dammed for it?

You know Muradin saw what Arthas was becoming, and now he's leader of the dwarves. Why then is he not exiled? Oh, doesn't he feel guilt for not doing anything to stop Arthas? Well that must make it alright then.