Thread: WoW 2 outline

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a big fan of speculating on the future state of affairs in the Warcraft universe. Even if we don't get a WoW2, there's always future RTS titles to think of, and a very different setting for a WC4 is a must, sez I.

Now, I do like some of the stuff you've done here - moving forwards in a big time jump? Yes. But it should be longer - 400-800 years. Shaking things up is also groovy - change the lines on the map. And it doesn't have to be a huge earth-shattering 2nd Cataclysm either - just nudge the boundaries of present-day zones here and there to create new territories. Even merging works - Alterac and Hillsbrad merging is one example.

There's no point in a WoW2 if it's just WoW with better graphics - as people have pointed out, graphics will get better on their own. You can just play WoW if that's what you're after. A sequel to WoW should be as different from WoW as WC3 was from WC1 - maybe even more so.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    there will never be a wow 2 because blizzard knows what happened with everquest 2
    And GC has commented on this. Pretty much every sequel to any MMO has been an utter failure and polarized the fan base. There will never be a WoW 2. technically we are on WoW 5 with all the changes and updates they make to the game each expansion.

The fact that there will never, at least according to the statements of Blizzard staff members, be a WoW 2 is, in my opinion, the factor most likely to actually bring about the decline of the game. Even when the game originally went into Beta, the engine was already four years old (development cycle); it is now 12 year old, and showing its age badly >.>

Quote Originally Posted by llandrywyn View Post
    The fact that there will never, at least according to the statements of Blizzard staff members, be a WoW 2 is, in my opinion, the factor most likely to actually bring about the decline of the game. Even when the game originally went into Beta, the engine was already four years old (development cycle); it is now 12 year old, and showing its age badly >.>
    Is that why it's still the top mmo by an enormous margin? you don't need to make "WoW 2" to replace the engine. Things have steadily improved since beta, with respect to graphics, gameplay, etc.

GW2 is a perfect example of a game with a timeskip but also a game in GW1 that is still getting full support. So WoW1 and WoW2 is no different. Some ppl will leave while others will stay. Also because of a time skip WoW1 can continue to expand and WoW2 can start off fresh.

If they ever did this i expect WoW1 would be f2p and get updates very slow imagine patch cycles lasting as long as the last patch of each expansion(not the pre expansion patch). And WoW2 to get updates like WoW is currently getting.

I however dont see them doing a 2nd WoW. I forsee them doing Warcraft IV.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by llandrywyn View Post
    The fact that there will never, at least according to the statements of Blizzard staff members, be a WoW 2 is, in my opinion, the factor most likely to actually bring about the decline of the game.
    So because there's not going to be a replacement, people are going to stop playing? That's the most asinine and counter intuitive thing I've heard in weeks.

Gear orientated MMOs have enough trouble discarding players achievements without saying "hey, everything you've done is for naught - because we're working on a new WoW", likewise - people already complain enough about WoW having the "B team" with people working on Titan without a WoW2 being around to give another project to syphon devs away.

Besides, MOP looks great - old character models are garbage, but WoW's cartoonish style is making is age superbly, Skyrim on the other hand will look outdated in another year or two.

Blizz have said multiple times that there's no need for a WoW2 - they can continue to progress just fine with expansions.

I wouldn't expect to see a WoW2 until 5+ years after WoW is dead, if not longer depending on Titan's sucess. They've already got the worlds largest MMO with a playerbase that dwarfs every other AND another MMO in development, they don't need a third.

Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    yah that sounds like good idea
    Well, it's exactly what Blizz has been doing for the last 12 years. Just compare the early alpha models to beta models and then those to the pandaren. There's worlds of differences between those.

Deleted
    It´s not like WoW´s graphics aren´t improving as well. And look how popular Minecraft is, despite its graphics.

Hello there.
    I have been thinking about WoW next game version, probably called WoW 2. As PC are getting better and better, gaming companies introduce games with epic graphics. There must be end of WoW and WHENEVER that happans I hope to see WoW 2. So there what I would like to see in new Game of WoW

The game takes place after 150-170 years from last WoW's expansion. There have been major incident on Azeroth, Garrosh who was too greedy for power and eager ruling the world attacked Guardians of Hyjal to take the power energy of the World Tree with some mysterious power or knowledge (it is not given), but he failed and there was a massive explosion (like Well of eternity) and this explosion made most of inhabitants of Kalimdor die. It shattered Continents of Azeroth (which makes New Map for WoW 2). I don't know it might seem outraging idea but what I want to see in WoW 2 is shattered Azeroth from War Between Alliance and Horde...

After shattering of lands of Azeroth and killing its most inhabitants it took time for every race to gather strength and to start new Era! The war devastated them losing almost all Capital Cities. Of course all leaders died (except Sylvanas).

Night elves blamed Alliance for not helping them in time fight orcs and save the World Tree. They left Alliance and tried to live alone as neutral race and regenerate the injuries orcs caused them. Trolls, who were rejected from Garrosh were forced to find new way to live on. After disaster of World Tree they helped Night elves to heal, which made 2 races closer and friendly after time they formed alliance. Garrosh also slaughtered majority of Taurens. Others taurens who survived slaughter followed trolls in their journey, aftermath they joined the alliance. Draenei at last defeated burning legion on their final battle on Argus. Majority of them stayed in their home planet to begin healing healing it. But others who returned, seeing what Horde and Alliance done with Azeroth, refused to help alliance and accepted to join new Order of Tree to heal the world and maintain the balance of Azeroth, not letting it crumble to feet of Alliance and Horde! They named themselves Ancients or maybe Menders. WoW 2 introduces 3rd faction... Night elves, trolls, Taurens, Draenei.

This is just a 1 theory that introduces 3rd fanction.

Alliance who had lost their home - Stormwind - tried to rebuild their home as 1 big force. Town where they can unite their forces against Horde! But this time their in numbers joined high elves and, at last, cured Blood elves !
    Horde - scattered after disaster of world tree, start to gather under the banner of new Leader X who once again united orcs, goblin, forsaken, ogres and a big clan of gnolls. He took place of Barren as new place to build the city . Sylvanass ran to outland as now she has her own intentions to this "new world" and their alliances. But group of forsaken,who were led by Lilian Voss (wasnt dead in Scholomance) stayed with Horde !

And so begins New Era of WoW. The era where all of 3 factions are living in small huts in villages and begin to build major cities!

How would u feel playing in WoW with 3 factions, after great cataclysm of Azeroth
    You know, we've been on azeroth far too long. If there is a wow 2 I hope it moves the storyline forward in a different setting/planet. Same races, same zones, even same bosses... yawn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    You know, we've been on azeroth far too long. If there is a wow 2 I hope it moves the storyline forward in a different setting/planet. Same races, same zones, even same bosses... yawn
    Hmm... cant agree. Azeroth is still homeland for most of the playable races of WoW, so basically we should stick with Azeroth.

Yah all the opinions hearing about wow future is inspiring .... Yah maybe still there is not need for WoW 2 actually, but I think the time Jump will be inevitable. As we are getting to the end of this Era. Will will fight burning legion in argus and what next? I dont clearly see any further continuation. All the bad guys will be dead: Lich king - dealt with... Illidan - defeated, Deathwing - died 2 times :P I hope he's not immortal and wont come for 3rd round haha ) We already had enough with dragon staff... Burning Legion will be slaughtered in next expansion (I hope so). What would be next? Tricky question ...

10+ Year Old Account
    What if Garrosh survives later and comes for World tree and we will dadicate this story for one single Expansion and lead it to make new 3rd faction.

Not WoW 2 I absolutely agree (after time on MMO - reading lots of threads - I realized there will be no WoW 2 ) but what about One totally new era new expansion with new heroes. 3 factions with 4 races on each + pandaren Neutral race that would be awesome.

Lot of people are fed up with the Horde and Alliance struggle. So lets take it to new Level. Completely destroyed Azeroth with new problems.

Personally Im bored facing same villains again and again. We kill them and then it appears that they are not dead or have resurrected as undead or abomination...
    Last edited by Spichora; 2013-04-29 at 02:05 PM.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

10+ Year Old Account
    The same reason why people dont play old computer games now for example sonic from Sega, football form sony play station 1 etc. There are better games no thats why they dont play these computers. There will be a game that will be better than WoW i dont know when it will be in 5 years or in 10 but it will
    People still play Ultima Online and Everquest.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    People still play Ultima Online and Everquest.
    These people are minority No? (if im mistaken correct me) They dont play it like WoW (11 million) or other PC game like assasins creed or Starcraft.

Deleted
    The same reason why people dont play old computer games now for example sonic from Sega
    Sonic beats the hell out of the majority of newly released games. I still play it regularly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megara View Post
    Sonic beats the hell out of the majority of newly released games. I still play it regularly.
    Yeah it beats I love that game I still play it but it doesnt mean that that game is popular as it was back in the days. I played Mortal Combat on sega but today.... What I mean is that Games released later are better (not all of them but there are some games that will best older games).

You play Sonic but you still play WoW dont you? So you are in minority that plays sonic and Majority of players who plays WoW.

Deleted
    Instead of making WoW2 they can just make expansion set x years in a future and have simmilar feeling. They can also switch to better engine at some point (titan engine I guess), and WoW would feel new and shiny.
    There is no need for WoW2, it would never work.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why would WoW have to end at some point? Or why would there have to be a WoW2 after?
    Well the most obvious answer would be WoW's aging engine simply became to constraining on the development team so they created a second and figured they could shift some boxes if they sold it as a wow 2 and just ported stuff over?

10+ Year Old Account
    The only way Blizzard will introduce WoW 2 is if the do Warcraft 4 first, it gives them a lore base to set up the sequel and it would make sense to do that first to break up the expectations from the original WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I'm a big fan of speculating on the future state of affairs in the Warcraft universe. Even if we don't get a WoW2, there's always future RTS titles to think of, and a very different setting for a WC4 is a must, sez I.

Now, I do like some of the stuff you've done here - moving forwards in a big time jump? Yes. But it should be longer - 400-800 years. Shaking things up is also groovy - change the lines on the map. And it doesn't have to be a huge earth-shattering 2nd Cataclysm either - just nudge the boundaries of present-day zones here and there to create new territories. Even merging works - Alterac and Hillsbrad merging is one example.

There's no point in a WoW2 if it's just WoW with better graphics - as people have pointed out, graphics will get better on their own. You can just play WoW if that's what you're after. A sequel to WoW should be as different from WoW as WC3 was from WC1 - maybe even more so.
    I would love to see a time jump in wow, maybe to a full on victorian industrial revolution style azeroth. doubt we'll see it, but it would be neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah as i have said (5 times already) I agree that there will be no WoW 2 because engine can be changed even for WoW