Thread: WoW 2 outline

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

WoW 2 outline

Hello there.
    I have been thinking about WoW next game version, probably called WoW 2. As PC are getting better and better, gaming companies introduce games with epic graphics. There must be end of WoW and WHENEVER that happans I hope to see WoW 2. So there what I would like to see in new Game of WoW

The game takes place after 150-170 years from last WoW's expansion. There have been major incident on Azeroth, Garrosh who was too greedy for power and eager ruling the world attacked Guardians of Hyjal to take the power energy of the World Tree with some mysterious power or knowledge (it is not given), but he failed and there was a massive explosion (like Well of eternity) and this explosion made most of inhabitants of Kalimdor die. It shattered Continents of Azeroth (which makes New Map for WoW 2). I don't know it might seem outraging idea but what I want to see in WoW 2 is shattered Azeroth from War Between Alliance and Horde...

After shattering of lands of Azeroth and killing its most inhabitants it took time for every race to gather strength and to start new Era! The war devastated them losing almost all Capital Cities. Of course all leaders died (except Sylvanas).

Night elves blamed Alliance for not helping them in time fight orcs and save the World Tree. They left Alliance and tried to live alone as neutral race and regenerate the injuries orcs caused them. Trolls, who were rejected from Garrosh were forced to find new way to live on. After disaster of World Tree they helped Night elves to heal, which made 2 races closer and friendly after time they formed alliance. Garrosh also slaughtered majority of Taurens. Others taurens who survived slaughter followed trolls in their journey, aftermath they joined the alliance. Draenei at last defeated burning legion on their final battle on Argus. Majority of them stayed in their home planet to begin healing healing it. But others who returned, seeing what Horde and Alliance done with Azeroth, refused to help alliance and accepted to join new Order of Tree to heal the world and maintain the balance of Azeroth, not letting it crumble to feet of Alliance and Horde! They named themselves Ancients or maybe Menders. WoW 2 introduces 3rd faction... Night elves, trolls, Taurens, Draenei.

This is just a 1 theory that introduces 3rd fanction.

Alliance who had lost their home - Stormwind - tried to rebuild their home as 1 big force. Town where they can unite their forces against Horde! But this time their in numbers joined high elves and, at last, cured Blood elves !
    Horde - scattered after disaster of world tree, start to gather under the banner of new Leader X who once again united orcs, goblin, forsaken, ogres and a big clan of gnolls. He took place of Barren as new place to build the city . Sylvanass ran to outland as now she has her own intentions to this "new world" and their alliances. But group of forsaken,who were led by Lilian Voss (wasnt dead in Scholomance) stayed with Horde !

And so begins New Era of WoW. The era where all of 3 factions are living in small huts in villages and begin to build major cities!

How would u feel playing in WoW with 3 factions, after great cataclysm of Azeroth

EDIT: I AGREE THAT THERE WILL BE NO WOW 2 just new expansion.
    Last edited by Spichora; 2013-04-29 at 04:13 PM.

Why would WoW have to end at some point? Or why would there have to be a WoW2 after?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why this would have to be a completely new game...one of the good things about WoW is that it is always growing and changing, and Cata proved that the entire landscape and story can be changed and still function.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why would WoW have to end at some point? Or why would there have to be a WoW2 after?
    The same reason why people dont play old computer games now for example sonic from Sega, football form sony play station 1 etc. There are better games no thats why they dont play these computers. There will be a game that will be better than WoW i dont know when it will be in 5 years or in 10 but it will

10+ Year Old Account
    Stopped at the third paragraph.

Garrosh dies at the end of MoP, and isn't a big enough character to leave any significant impact on the world anyways

My bet is there is going to be a second iteration of WoW, or at least another game set in the warcraft universe; but not likely to happen in the next 8 years for sure. Certain games do just hit a point where they become so large, the content so incredibly bloated, it discourages new users from picking up the title. Blizz's Titan project is, i guess, supposedly a sci-fi mmo but it seems like its still years out at this point, although game and tech companies have begun to time their announcements more closely to launch date to create a better hype machine.

Personally, if they had one more expansion to WoW and then reset the franchise with a new WoW I could get into that. Mists might be good, but the story came out of left field, and the Siege raid is going to suck cause its just another rehashed zone, the next xpac could be something big though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Stopped at the third paragraph.

Garrosh dies at the end of MoP, and isn't a big enough character to leave any significant impact on the world anyways

He is not dead yet ... As i said above it was just 1 theory. The guy leading army to World Tree could be someone else it doesnt matter. I just mentioned garroshh cz his bad guy! The main thing I wanted to say is 3rd faction, Shattered azeroth and completely devastated Horde and Alliance who "rebuilding" once again! A new page for wow !

Garrosh hasn't the power to assault Nordrassil. If it came down to that there's no way in hell Malfurion wouldn't act. As much as I can't stand him for his complete apathy for his own people and their nation, if Garrosh set foot in Hyjal with the intent to attack and destroy Nordrassil, Malfurion would rip that scumbag apart like a soggy piece of toilet paper, quite effortlessly too. Also the Alliance did help the Night Elves. Too much. To the point where the Night Elves were completely dependent on humans to save them time and again and their leadership so inept Varian Wrynn had to be given command of their forces.

Quote Originally Posted by Narrax View Post
    My bet is there is going to be a second iteration of WoW, or at least another game set in the warcraft universe; but not likely to happen in the next 8 years for sure. Certain games do just hit a point where they become so large, the content so incredibly bloated, it discourages new users from picking up the title. Blizz's Titan project is, i guess, supposedly a sci-fi mmo but it seems like its still years out at this point, although game and tech companies have begun to time their announcements more closely to launch date to create a better hype machine.

Personally, if they had one more expansion to WoW and then reset the franchise with a new WoW I could get into that. Mists might be good, but the story came out of left field, and the Siege raid is going to suck cause its just another rehashed zone, the next xpac could be something big though.
    I don't think we are going to EVER get a WoW 2. There is really nothing that WoW 2 could do that cannot be done in an expansion, or over the course of several. Other than the "starting over" feeling, but that would probably turn many people off. Further, there are just too many examples of MMOs that tried to do a sequel and had the whole thing fall apart on them, because they split their playerbase between two games instead of continuing to support the already popular existing game.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Garrosh hasn't the power to assault Nordrassil. If it came down to that there's no way in hell Malfurion wouldn't act. As much as I can't stand him for his complete apathy for his own people and their nation, if Garrosh set foot in Hyjal with the intent to attack and destroy Nordrassil, Malfurion would rip that scumbag apart like a soggy piece of toilet paper, quite effortlessly too. Also the Alliance did help the Night Elves. Too much. To the point where the Night Elves were completely dependent on humans to save them time and again and their leadership so inept Varian Wrynn had to be given command of their forces.
    Garrosh isnt capable to assault World Tree I know that but as I wrote he wields an powerful artifact. ( Like Nekros held demon soul, though he want capable to use it). I dont know what but this isnt much problem if blizzard wanted to that he would have i dont want you to greed on details of what i said.. All i wanted to say is the new wow ...
    The main thing I wanted to say is 3rd faction, Shattered azeroth and completely devastated Horde and Alliance who "rebuilding" once again! A new page for wow !

there will never be a wow 2 because blizzard knows what happened with everquest 2
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't see why this would have to be a completely new game...one of the good things about WoW is that it is always growing and changing, and Cata proved that the entire landscape and story can be changed and still function.
    They'd get to fix major errors like flying mounts for example.
    WoW has proven over time it can change only to a limit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see that people will be shocked if blizzard just takes all the precious things from players .... player playing wow from Vanilla till the last patch might get heart-attack if he just loses everything : character, achieves, mounts, companions etc... But just imagine That kind of game... If blizz let u keep all your old achievements (but not mount or companions) and characters and free faction change for all your characters to cease situation !

It's unlikely there will ever be a WoW2 because a: it's unecessary, and b: a blue post recently already said that it's highly unlikely a WoW2 would ever happen because there is no point to it. Whatever they want to add to the game, they will do in an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    Garrosh isnt capable to assault World Tree I know that but as I wrote he wields an powerful artifact. ( Like Nekros held demon soul, though he want capable to use it). I dont know what but this isnt much problem if blizzard wanted to that he would have i dont want you to greed on details of what i said.. All i wanted to say is the new wow ...
    I am aware you said that. Even with it he's not powerful enough. Malfurion would wreck him.

10+ Year Old Account
    The end of WoW is inevitable ... but I hope that in the future we have a WoW 2, and the script is proposed in this thread is quite plausible: I Like it!

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree something drastic has to happen for WoW 2 to have new and good lore in it, however you say almost all leader (except Sylvanas) dies, I can't agree with that. Tyrande Whisperwind has Elunes direct protection, so I don't think she will die from it.

My theory is that, instead of a WoW 2, we'll just get more expansions. But these expansions will build on the graphics engine (and even change it completely) to fit in with modern technology.

That way, Blizzard can stick to expanding the existing world and lore, for which there is a ton of possible story lines to expand upon, while still keeping the world more or less the same. Any major changes can simply be done through patches and expansions.

So, 10 years from now, WoW might look like a completely different game, but it will still be the same world, lore, and time period that we are all so used to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post
    My theory is that, instead of a WoW 2, we'll just get more expansions. But these expansions will build on the graphics engine (and even change it completely) to fit in with modern technology.

That way, Blizzard can stick to expanding the existing world and lore, for which there is a ton of possible story lines to expand upon, while still keeping the world more or less the same. Any major changes can simply be done through patches and expansions.

So, 10 years from now, WoW might look like a completely different game, but it will still be the same world, lore, and time period that we are all so used to.
    yah that sounds like good idea

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Tyrande Whisperwind has Elunes direct protection, so I don't think she will die from it.
    Elune is fully embarassed that Tyrande is representing her directly on Azeroth. She will come down and personally kick her ass.