Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Just saying, but other people don't get a 2sec silence on their interrupt ability. If it was my choice, I'd just completely remove the silence part.
    And really, a 4sec silence on a 15sec cooldown? Gag order was nerfed because it was downright retarded, this is pretty much the same and it's not like it's a hard thing to stand in front of someone, especially not when they are focusing on you.
    What are the other class with interrupts/silences may you ask? Druid skull bash increases mana cost and can glyph into a bear silence and boomkins have solarbeam, counterspell which also silences and can spec into a talent that can silence, stun rogues have kick and also a silence, warlocks have spell lock which is also a interrupt/silence and ua has a dispel protection silence, warriors have a interrupt and can get an aoe one if they want to(preference), dks have a interrupt and a silence, shamans have a interrupt that is ranged(though I would not mind bliz giving them a silence). The only ones who do not have one are hunters(which have a silence and can get a pet interrupt if wanted), paladins. Now paladins...you got me>.< But besides that one class they either have a interrupt and(or) silence or something to make up for it.
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-02-23 at 01:29 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    What are the other class with interrupts may you ask? Druid skull bash increases mana cost, counterspell which also silences, rogues have kick and also a silence, warlocks have spell lock which is also a interrupt/silence, warriors have a interrupt and can get an aoe one if they want to(preference), dks have a interrupt and a silence, shamans have a interrupt that is ranged(though I would not mind bliz giving them a silence). The only ones who do not have one are hunters(which have a silence and can get a pet interrupt if wanted), druids but they get something else from an interupt and paladins. Now paladins...you got me>.< But besides that one class they either have a silence and interrupt or something to make up for it.
    Yes, and now look at the cooldown of those spells...
    -Skull bash doesn't silence, 15 sec cooldown.
    -Counterspell 4sec silence on 24sec cooldown.
    -Kick doesn't silence, 15 sec cooldown. Garrote requires stealth and 45 energy.
    -Warlock spell lock requires (Sacrificed) felhunter/observer, 3sec silence, 24sec cooldown.
    -Pummel doesn't silence, 15sec cooldown. Disrupting shout 4sec silence, 40sec cooldown, requires talent.
    -Mind freeze doesn't silence, 15sec cooldown. Strangulate 5 sec silence, 7 if glyphed on interrupt, 1 min cooldown in 5.2.
    -Wind shear doesn't silence, 12sec cooldown, 15 with glyph.

Do you really think monks deserve a 4sec blanket silence on a 15 sec cooldown? Now if we were speaking about a longer cooldown, then yes, you have a point, but we're talking about a 4sec on a 15sec cooldown, linked to your main interrupt ability. Instead of trying to actually interrupt a cast you'll just try to stand in front for the blanket. That's just stupid >.>

Deleted
    -Warlock spell lock requires (Sacrificed) felhunter/observer, 3sec silence, 24sec cooldown.
    -Pummel doesn't silence, 15sec cooldown. Disrupting shout 4sec silence, 40sec cooldown, requires talent.
    -Mind freeze doesn't silence, 15sec cooldown. Strangulate 5 sec silence, 7 if glyphed on interrupt, 1 min cooldown in 5.2.

Do you really think monks deserve a 4sec blanket silence on a 15 sec cooldown? Now if we were speaking about a longer cooldown, then yes, you have a point, but we're talking about a 4sec on a 15sec cooldown, linked to your main interrupt ability. Instead of trying to actually interrupt a cast you'll just try to stand in front for the blanket. That's just stupid >.>
    This. Monks are crazy on the PTR already, to get them close to 25% uptime on silence (nt counting team members to fill out the rest of the time with lockouts) it would be just insane not to roll with a monk.

15+ Year Old Account

It is avoidable, good healers would not try to face me(or even put the back to me). I do not get it all the time, it requires great thought and positioning. I maybe get it 60% of the time, and if I miss I no longer have the silence and a interrupt. Monk is a positioning class, got to paralyze from the back and silence from the front, just a bit of lag could throw it all off. And our cc chain is as long as any healer's is so I don't see the problem.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

You're sort of killing your own argument. Half the abilities you listed might be on a slightly longer cooldown, but half of them are ranged, and some of them are even performed by pets LOL. Also, all of those classes have completely different CC and utility abilities, so the whole argument is complete nonsense.

Ghostcrawler blatantly stated that Monk need big buffs in order to be included more in PvP. Now the big buffs are slowly being chiseled away to the point where I'm not even sure how much better Windwalkers will be. Ring of Peace got severely nerfed, last week they nerfed Paralysis, now one of WWs most powerful anti-caster tools is seriously nerfed. The supposedly huge buffs to monks are starting to get less and less impressive.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 02:03 AM ----------

It is avoidable, good healers would not try to face me(or even put the back to me). I do not get it all the time, it requires great thought and positioning. I maybe get it 60% of the time, and if I miss I no longer have the silence and a interrupt. Monk is a positioning class, got to paralyze from the back and silence from the front, just a bit of lag could throw it all off. And our cc chain is as long as any healer's is so I don't see the problem.
    Yeah, healers (who don't have to face in any particular direction to do their job) could certainly avoid it. Before there was always a risk involved in using it as a silence instead of an interrupt. Now the silence is so short that no one will bother using it as anything other than an interrupt.
    Last edited by Tangra; 2013-02-23 at 02:04 AM.

You realize that all the other blanket silences are on a WAY longer cd right. Monks cd is 15 seconds, That is way to short for a blanket silence. Locks is 25seconds(and you have to give up another move to use it), spriest is 45seconds, and mages is 28 seconds, lets not even talk about dk's 2min one.

Nerf makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Amiright View Post
    You realize that all the other blanket silences are on a WAY longer cd right. Monks cd is 15 seconds, That is way to short for a blanket silence. Locks is 25seconds(and you have to give up another move to use it), spriest is 45seconds, and mages is 28 seconds, lets not even talk about dk's 2min one.

Nerf makes sense to me.
    They are also all ranged, and in addition every class has always been allowed to have a few things special about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    They are also all ranged, and in addition every class has always been allowed to have a few things special about it.
    We are talking about a class that blizzard ripped off almost every other class to come up with their abilities. I think monks have enough going for them for 5.2 that this isnt going to hurt them much.
    Last edited by Amiright; 2013-02-23 at 02:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, except one thing, it's a lot harder to avoid then to get in front. Turning your back to the guy you are trying healing is not always a good idea >.>
    Not to forget it's not only about healers but also caster dps, which will be facing you to get their casts off.

You're sort of killing your own argument. Half the abilities you listed might be on a slightly longer cooldown, but half of them are ranged, and some of them are even performed by pets LOL. Also, all of those classes have completely different CC and utility abilities, so the whole argument is complete nonsense.
    What are you trying to say, that monks should have a ranged blanket on such a short cooldown? It's only logical that a ranged class has a ranged interrupt and a melee class a melee interrupt.
    And slightly longer cooldown???... Spell lock has a 60% longer cooldown, counterspell has a 60% longer cooldown, 86% longer if glyphed. Any other silence has a cooldown that's at least twice as long, if not more.
    Also spell lock requires the right pet to be alive, which means that if the pet is dead or you ain't using it, you can't use it. Not to mention it's a shorter duration as well.

The duration of the silence on such a short cooldown is just plain retarded and overpowered, I just don't see how you can't see it...

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, except one thing, it's a lot harder to avoid then to get in front. Turning your back to the guy you are trying healing is not always a good idea >.>
    Not to forget it's not only about healers but also caster dps, which will be facing you to get their casts off.

What are you trying to say, that monks should have a ranged blanket on such a short cooldown? It's only logical that a ranged class has a ranged interrupt and a melee class a melee interrupt.
    And slightly longer cooldown???... Spell lock has a 60% longer cooldown, counterspell has a 60% longer cooldown, 86% longer if glyphed. Any other silence has a cooldown that's at least twice as long, if not more.
    Also spell lock requires the right pet to be alive, which means that if the pet is dead or you ain't using it, you can't use it. Not to mention it's a shorter duration as well.

The duration of the silence on such a short cooldown is just plain retarded and overpowered, I just don't see how you can't see it...
    Because it is melee one and it requires a certain postion to get this to be done. Most of the healers I use this on are either losed or way in the back with all this friends in front of him. To actually get the silence it causes great risk and puts you into the line of fire. I see it as risk vs reward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it is melee one and it requires a certain postion to get this to be done. Most of the healers I use this on are either losed or way in the back with all this friends in front of him. To actually get the silence it causes great risk and puts you into the line of fire. I see it as risk vs reward.
    Yeah, but as said before, this is not only a game about healers.
    4 seconds on 15sec cooldown is just plain retarded, regardless of its position requirement. And really, it's an interrupt with a 5sec lock out, even if the guy you are interrupting is not facing you, you can still place a 5 second long lock out on him, it's not like you are being forced to stand in front to actually interrupt.

If it was only a silence and not an interrupt, I could say: "ok, you have a point", but we are speaking about an interrupt with a blanket on top of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    4 seconds on 15sec cooldown is just plain retarded, regardless of its position requirement. And really, it's an interrupt with a 5sec lock out, even if the guy you are interrupting is not facing you, you can still place a 5 second long lock out on him, it's not like you are being forced to stand in front to actually interrupt.

If it was only a silence and not an interrupt, I could say: "ok, you have a point", but we are speaking about an interrupt with a blanket on top of it.
    But like I have said, almost every class has a silence and a interrupt, if you want to separate the silence from it and give it a long cool down I am fine with that, but how it is now I think it is balanced. Like I said before our cc chain is as long as other peoples, and it is even getting nerfed by paralyis, I was thinking next patch s monks would be good in arenas but with these nerfs it does not look to be this way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. I hope they eventually remove all blanket silences rather than proliferating these idiot proof abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Exactly. I hope they eventually remove all blanket silences rather than proliferating these idiot proof abilities.
    Again, the proliferation of instant cast heals and absorbs in the game practically forces the necessity of blanket silences. If casters were forced to cast again, this wouldn't be an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted

4seconds if YOU ARE FACING YOUR TARGET AND IF YOU ARE IN MELEE RANGE.
    Monks gap closers are fucking ridicolous too, we have no targeted gap closer, we just have to hope our opponent is a retard and can't sidestep.
    Mages cs:
    Ranged- check
    no positioning required - check.
    Lock silence:
    ranged - check
    no positioning required -check
    used by a PET - check

Monks are still going to be shit next season- I wonder when will people realize this. Maybe when they will see the monk pvp population stsill be 0.1%? Our "buffs" are now getting reverted every day. Ring of peace is a waste of a talent, paralysis lasts so little is useless, tygereyebrew got instant nerfed ages ago, spinning fire blossoms nerfed, spear hand strike nerfed for NO reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    4seconds if YOU ARE FACING YOUR TARGET AND IF YOU ARE IN MELEE RANGE.
    Monks gap closers are fucking ridicolous too, we have no targeted gap closer, we just have to hope our opponent is a retard and can't sidestep.
    Mages cs:
    Ranged- check
    no positioning required - check.
    Lock silence:
    ranged - check
    no positioning required -check
    used by a PET - check

Monks are still going to be shit next season- I wonder when will people realize this. Maybe when they will see the monk pvp population stsill be 0.1%? Our "buffs" are now getting reverted every day. Ring of peace is a waste of a talent, paralysis lasts so little is useless, tygereyebrew got instant nerfed ages ago, spinning fire blossoms nerfed, spear hand strike nerfed for NO reasons.
    These kids don't want balance. They want monks to be shit. Why would they want another class to be good? They don't want another class to be good because in a sense it is a buff to them when another class is bad. Monks will still be a joke in 5.2 even with the "mountain" of buffs they (didn't) get. Why bring a monk over a rogue next patch? Why bring a monk over a pally, or a boomkin, or a mage etc etc. Look at the buffs hunters are getting, notice no one says crap about them because a lot of people play hunters. Not a lot of people play monks and so the majority of people want monks to be bad so that it will be one more person they can stomp.

Deleted
    Monks already had everything ingame, even a 2 sec silence is too much, and how can you accept a 4 out of 15 seconds insta silence in the first place ...

As someone who played a Monk all through the Beta, and well into Tier 14, I can tell you that we should never have had a blanket silence on the interrupt. It made no sense then, and it makes no sense now.

Casters are already dominating PvP
    Buffs to rogues, rets, dks and monks while warriors will still be viable. I'm sure casters are dominating...

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 01:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post

I can't wait for you to be horribly wrong and see all the monks dominating like crazy

If any of you only played a monk...
    Spear Hand Strike silence being 4 seconds is a necessity to pressure a healer at all.

Monks don't have burst, they don't have gap closers, they don't have a mechanic to ensure the opening lands, they don't have powerful openers or meaningful attacks without building up Chi first, our only reliable slow is a hamstring, unlike baked-in, slows tied to attacks like all the other classes and many of our spells have positional requirements.

What 5.2 brings is:

Baseline range on Paralysis.. which acts as gap closer (+1) but nerfed duration on positional requirement. (-1)
    Mastery increasing damage of Tiger Brew, which acts as a pseudo-burst cooldown. (+1)
    The option to trade an AoE Stun for an AoE disarm, can't get both. (0)
    A Nerf to Chi Wave, 15 second cooldown, does same damage and healing as live. (-1)
    Nimble Brew (+1).
    SHS Silence nerfed to 2 seconds without removing the positional requirement. (-1)

So for a class blizzard said needed much work and help, 3 buffs and 3 nerfs? really?

Yo.. At least they could take away the facing requirement if they want it to be 2 seconds.. like, man, it's hard to silence a healer running away from you spamming loltard instant heals while you're rewarded for your movement finesse and leg work with.. a 2 second silence...