Deleted

5.2 Rogue 2s comp

As the thread title says im asking u guys which comps will be viable for 2s next patch.
    my friend is playing both rsham and mist monk. which one should we try?

Any 2s comp with you and healer will do fine as long as you're good. I would choose the monk they are tough to kill and they're getting substantial buffs, and Resto Shamans are getting nerfed. Pretty sure healer rankings will now be Monk>Pally>Shaman>Priest=Druid. Shaman dropped 2 slots lol.
    "Knock the world right off it's feet, and straight onto it's head."

http://http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Elargee/simple

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam View Post
    Any 2s comp with you and healer will do fine as long as you're good. I would choose the monk they are tough to kill and they're getting substantial buffs, and Resto Shamans are getting nerfed. Pretty sure healer rankings will now be Monk>Pally>Shaman>Priest=Druid. Shaman dropped 2 slots lol.
    and what spec would u recommend me to play with that monk

Deleted
    and what spec would u recommend me to play with that monk
    As it is only 2v2 play what you are good at or enjoy the most all have pros and cons against a wide variety of comps and all of them can be successful played correctly.

I'm going do 2s with a mage next season. He's not sure whether he should go fire or frost though.
    Which mage spec would you guys say work best with rogues in 2s? (Pardon the hijack)

Deleted
    playin with a healer always allows more "half-assed" play to still come up with the win.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonized View Post
    I'm going do 2s with a mage next season. He's not sure whether he should go fire or frost though.
    Which mage spec would you guys say work best with rogues in 2s? (Pardon the hijack)
    Frost. In my opinion Fire is only good in large scale battles like randoms and RBGs. (I know it can be really good in 2v2 but it's much harder to play)

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 08:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    playin with a healer always allows more "half-assed" play to still come up with the win.
    Yea but sometimes you have to suffer through long games. I would personally rather play double dps and have quick games.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Healer 2s are really boring, but you can get a decent rating with shit play that route. I've always enjoyed Mage+Rogue, Hunter+Rogue, and Ret+Rogue in 2s, and I might be trying some WW Monk+Rogue 2s in 5.2 since they're buffing WWs and us. I gave up on PvPing this season, so I'm looking forward to getting back into it in 5.2 with all the buffs.

Rogue-Feral and Rogue-Mage I think are the most synergistic 2s comps for double dps. I would say a Monk/Pally/Rdruid for heals since they are the most mobile of the healers.

I'm going to be doing 2s with a feral in 5.2. I would have preferred a mage to be honest, but my friend that I really like to play with only has a druid on my server, so that's how the cookie crumbles. I'm sure it'll be alot of fun. Atleast ferals stealth too, so we can hope for a clean opener every time. Double dps 2s are fun and fast - I can't stand when 2 teams each go with 1 healer 1 dps, and the match lasts 20 minutes before someone falls asleep at the keyboard and dies to something stupid.

As double dps you either blow someone up and win, or you lose in a reasonably short time and can move on.

So ,my recommendation, listed from what i would consider Best to Least-Best :P

Rogue-Mage
    Rogue-Hunter
    Rogue-Feral
    Rogue-Rogue
    Rogue-Disc

I'm fairly sure you can make anything work if you're both decent at the game though. Enhance shamans can burst like nobodys business, Ret paladins can burst and offheal and have a nice toolbox. Warlocks I'm not too sure about. They have alot of survival now, but they have a hard time keeping up pressure when trained hard. Being a warlock with a warrior on your face is never too fun. I'm fairly sure rogue and disc priest can do incredibly well in 5.2, but the potential for very long games is higher than with a dps, and therefore goes to the bottom of my list :P

WW Monk.

Thats a lethal combo.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Two of the most potent rogue comps in 2s have always been mage/rogue and spriest/rogue when played to its full capabilities.

That said, most people will do better playing with a healer and disc/rogue and rsham/rogue have worked to a certain level in the past.

But in any case, rogue pairs with just about any class in 2s. Having shroud lets you get the opener on most teams, and that is where you gain a lead in pressure.