Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    With your incredible logic, if a blizzard artist was drawing Hello Kitty or penises one year before WoW was released, then Hello Kitty and penises are part of Warcraft lore and it fits perfect?

I invite you to think before you type and perhaps put more attention into making sense in what you claim.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 04:26 PM ----------

Pandas do overwhelm, from lore to zones to quests to the names of the continent and even the expansion. An obscure race suddenly comes in and takes over the game for possibly two years is irritating.
    And everyone invites you to do the very same thing.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Potassiumgluconate View Post
    You know what I love about Pandaria?

It's all of Asia. We've got tibetans (Grummles), mongolians (Yaungol), Buddhists (Jinyu), Ancient China (Mogu), and modern china (Pandaren). We've even got the Klaxxi which are strange sort of Alien+Druid+Insectoid race that is unlike any of the previously encountered insectoid races. And then there are the Hozen who are... I guess an entire race of Frat Boys... But there's the Sha... emotion-manifest. Yeah it's probably old god stuff again, but it's nothing we've encountered before.

Standing around in the Shrines... just listening to the music, admiring the murals on the walls... this is without a doubt the richest and most detailed continent in the game.
    This sums it up for me, naild IT.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    For it to work for me it would have to have a much larger sense of realism to it. Pandaria filled with actual humans, samurai (mail/lamennar warriors) & sohei (polearm/bow/leather class, hunter-rogue mashup). It would also have to have alot more of actual mythology to it (dragons/emperors/massive battles) and just cut the whole sha thing.
    This fella is really hitting the nail on the head here.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ^This times a thousand.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 04:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    This fella is really hitting the nail on the head here.
    Eh I like the entire concept of the Sha.

For me, personally, it adds a bit more depth to the story.

Could you think of another "evil" that Blizzard could've used with Pandaria that wouldn't have been overdone? Like doing mainly and only the Mogu, or the Mantid.

By having the Sha they also link the story to the Old Gods and Titans, which is a huge hook for a number of players when it comes to WoW's story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

For the 1000th time; MoP is not just China. There's Nepal, Cambodia, Korea, India, Japan and Tibet as well. Sigh.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 04:59 PM ----------

Every zone in Northrend has something Viking inspired. Every. Zone.

Besides, dear Moderators, could we please close these threads? We have about 10+ of them every week, and they always end up the same way. 20+ pages of whining, flaming and bad grammar... And no one needs that.
    lol

Yes, Nepal and Tibet perhaps, and I like some of it actually. But it is DOMINATED by Chinese references.

Vikings in Sholazar? Vikings in Grizzly Hills? Vikings in Zuldrak? Vikings in Crystalsong Forest?

NO.

Titan and Dragonflight references were just as abundant in Northrend as Nordic references. Titans and dragons, they've had a long lore in WoW before Viking-insipired stuff showed up in Wrath. I think you are desperate to come up with a second example of a race dominating an entire continent and expansion that you are making up non-sense.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    lol

Yes and I like some of it actually. But it is DOMINATED by Chinese references.

Vikings in Sholazar? Vikings in Grizzly Hills? Vikings in Zuldrak? Vikings in Crystalsong Forest?

NO.

Titan and Dragonflight references were just as abundant in Northrend as Nordic references. Titans and dragons, they've had a long lore in WoW before Viking-insipired stuff showed up in Wrath. I think you are desperate to come up with a second example of a race dominating an entire continent and expansion that you are making up non-sense.
    In Sholazar, we have the Avatar of Freya. Freya is inspired by Freya of Norse Mythology, Viking/Norse reference right there. Grizzly Hills has an entire town of Vrykul and a bundle of Dwarves (dwarves more or less originate from Norse mythology), and Crystalsong... Well we have huge giant trees of life being drained by dragons, similar to Yggrassil from Norse Mythology which is being corrupted and eaten by the dragon Nidhogg. Zul Drak.... I'll give you that though. Well minus the Storm Giants and undead Vrykul of course..... Oh wait, I'm right again.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Please read the post by Kryos one more time. If you don't see how s/he fails in that argument completely, I have bad news for you.

lol

Yes, Nepal and Tibet perhaps, and I like some of it actually. But it is DOMINATED by Chinese references.

NO.

Can you at least explain how the Dread Wastes are flooded with such Chinese references? Same goes for Krasarang.

I didn't feel any "Chinese" vibes there.

For the entirety of Northrend I felt Viking vibes and I loved Northrend.

Only actual Zone I disliked with Pandaria was Valley of the Four Winds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    right
    Night elves=Asian inspired
    Tauren= Naitive American Inspired
    Worgens=British inspired
    Human=american(they are..)
    the list goes on.
    Wrath of the Lich king=scandinavian based.

you don't like it, go play SWTOR...and really IT's a fantasy, you see that FANTASY MMO RPG!
    The thing is, those are inspired by them. MoP is fairly blatantly Chinese.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    I love the asian setting and I'm a German ginger... I think you are just a little bit xenophobic.
    Ahhhhhhahahahaha that's one of the best responses I've seen in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    ^This times a thousand.
    Destil!

I thought you were going to put me on ignore and STOP STALKING me on the forums. This is the fifth time I am urging you to stop the stalking.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I think of MoP's theme more of Ancient Chinese history, which I thoroughly enjoyed studying in History over the years.

I actually tend to like most Ancient History themes in, well, anything.

I just fail to see how the whole "Chinese Theme" is thrown in our faces. Maybe it's just me and other people then, because I'm content with it.

This is just where opinions differ it seems.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 04:47 PM ----------

Destil!

I thought you were going to put me on ignore and STOP STALKING me on the forums. This is the fifth time I am urging you to stop the stalking.
    I joined in a discussion on a thread. Can I not do that and quote you? Jesus Christ grow up we're not 4 here.

If you are honestly counting the amount of times that I"m quoting you, when all I did was agree with Veniziir and them make a totally respectful point toward you after, you have a problem.

I have none with you, so if you're going to keep claiming I'm "stalking" you instead of arguing the actual discussion I'm asking you, put ME on ignore.

Stop acting like a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I agree and I am surprised moppers are so adamant in claiming otherwise.

I agree and I am surprised moppers are so adamant in claiming otherwise.
    Because people have differing opinions on a lot of things.

I just find it to be Ancient Chinese history in Vale, Jade Forest, and Kun Lai.

Valley seemed kind of modern to me.

Krasarang gave me an I guess war like tone, as did Townlong and Dread Wastes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    This is 2003 artwork from Samwise - one year before WoW was released:

So it is part of the Warcraft lore and fits perfect.
    Just because he created some piece of artwork doesn't mean it's automatically canon WoW lore.
    In the end, that's what it became... but it wasn't so clear back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Number one, you entire point you were making was chopped into mostly fragments of sentences, it was very hard to follow. Beyond that, I do not really understand where everyone keeps getting all of this. The Pandaren have existed in the Warcraft Lore for over 10 year before they released this expansion.

All it is, is giant tranquil forests filled with massive trees, large mountains, and peaceful valleys. What is the problem? It is kind of a backdrop to be transposed against the violence and destruction of the forthcoming war. But, even if you do not like it that much, why would you feel the need to just stop playing? That is an odd response, and not to mention the last sentence in your statement says "chines" which sounds rather racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Deleted
    Pandas do overwhelm, from lore to zones to quests to the names of the continent and even the expansion. An obscure race suddenly comes in and takes over the game for possibly two years is irritating.

Playable races used to be more subtle in their allusion to their real world counterparts, the pandas are more obvious as they come with "whole package", from panda the national animal to Chinese script to Chinese cooking to Chinese architecture to Chinese landscape to Chinese martial arts to Chinese music to Chinese quite a lot. Subtlety is gone because it is always easier to copy than get inspired and re-create and develop something unique.

What's in a name? Pandaria, Mists of Pandaria. No race named a continent or an expansion before. Panda dominance is undeniable and unlike that of any race in any previous expansion.
    I very much agree. It's just too much. Like I said before... it wasn't Wrath of the Vrykul either.

MoP could've been better if Pandas were only like 30% of the new continent, the rest being new stuff. And that new stuff wouldn't have to be asian either.

In Sholazar, we have the Avatar of Freya. Freya is inspired by Freya of Norse Mythology, Viking/Norse reference right there. Grizzly Hills has an entire town of Vrykul and a bundle of Dwarves (dwarves more or less originate from Norse mythology), and Crystalsong... Well we have huge giant trees of life being drained by dragons, similar to Yggrassil from Norse Mythology which is being corrupted and eaten by the dragon Nidhogg. Zul Drak.... I'll give you that though. Well minus the Storm Giants and undead Vrykul of course..... Oh wait, I'm right again.
    Sholazar theme was Ungoro 2.0 with Nessingwary and animals. A lush jungle is not Norse, now is it? One Freya statue makes it Norse for you, then I disagree with that.

Grizzly Hills had trolls, humans, dwarves and Vrykul. It was a more balanced mixture of various races, old and new. Pandas, Grummies, Pandas, Yaungol, Pandas, Mogu, Pandas, Pandas, Pandas doesn't work for me.

Crystalsong was not Norse. Trees and dragons have been around in WoW for a long time, they were not some Norse addition to WoW. Besides, there is nothing obviously Norse about trees of life and dragons. You are confused about the difference between subtle inspiration and copying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahhhh, MMO-Champion forums. A place where no matter how long you're gone you can be sure that when you come back you'll see the same people having the same tired arguments over the same stupid bullshit. Just like home!
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

With your incredible logic, if a blizzard artist was drawing Hello Kitty or penises one year before WoW was released, then Hello Kitty and penises are part of Warcraft lore and it fits perfect?

I invite you to think before you type and perhaps put more attention into making sense in what you claim.
    Given that Aggra was pregnant at the end of Cata, i'm afraid i have to inform you that penes are in fact part of the lore.

And given Blizzards propensity for pop culture references, i wouldn't be surprised by a Hello Kitty reference, either.