A question concerning the valor points and 5.2

So I finally returned to WoW and yesterday dinged lvl 90, farmed some hcs and first lfrs and managed to get 1k valor points. Now, I know that there is a 4.3 coming in 2-3 weeks and it is unclear to me should I spend my vp now (to upgrade some really cool BOE items)? My understanding is that there will be a new faction soon (and new dailies and gear etc etc), so it's no point to farm reputation with the current factions and buy gear from them.
    And instead I should just farm lfrs and hcs until 4.3 hits then farm reputation with the new factions and get gear from them.

Am i getting it right? Sorry, as I said, I have just returned and the new system is rather ambiguous. And Google isn't really helping .
    Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it depends if you already have an ilvl of 480. If so, then it would probably be best to save some valor so that you will be able to buy the 522 Ilvl necklace available at neutral with the raid faction. The new dailies are only going to give item upgrades that cost gold, and the old dailies are going to sell 489's that they already sell for a cheaper price.

5.2 Raid Rep
    Valor gear

5.2 Daily rep
    Gear purchased with gold

5.1 Daily Rep
    496 loot at 75% current valor cost (Not 100% sure on this one)

5.0 daily rep
    489 loot at 50% valor cost

10+ Year Old Account
    You should keep the valor for when the patch hits; as far as i know, they'll allow us to keep them this time without converting to justice.

Do not upgrade stuff with them. Yes, in 5.2 (i suppose you mean that, by saying 4.3) you won't be able to upgrade items anymore, but stronger loot will come and LFR quality items will replace older pieces.

So I still have to level my reputation with the old factions?
    Ok I'm kind of getting it now though

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 10:49 PM ----------

Oh damn, and I mean 5.2. Don't know why I'm still living in the past heh
    Thanks!

don't worry 4.3 wont be out for months to come ;3(tip it's out already)
    your thinking about 5.2, upgrade.. you wont be able to do the new LFR with out the current Valor(lfr) gear.
    but spend your valor on buying gear from the current rep vendors that you can.
    some rep is locked behind golden lotus i do advise you do Golden Lotus firstly.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 11:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bombercloner View Post
    I think it depends if you already have an ilvl of 480. If so, then it would probably be best to save some valor so that you will be able to buy the 522 Ilvl necklace available at neutral with the raid faction. The new dailies are only going to give item upgrades that cost gold, and the old dailies are going to sell 489's that they already sell for a cheaper price.

5.2 Raid Rep
    Valor gear

5.2 Daily rep
    Gear purchased with gold

5.1 Daily Rep
    496 loot at 75% current valor cost (Not 100% sure on this one)

5.0 daily rep
    489 loot at 50% valor cost
    it's reverse on the 5.0 and 5.1 gear
    5.0=75%
    5.1=50%*

(*=we don't really know)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nkosana View Post
    So I still have to level my reputation with the old factions?
    Ok I'm kind of getting it now though

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 10:49 PM ----------

Oh damn, and I mean 5.2. Don't know why I'm still living in the past heh
    Thanks!
    Don't worry, the Commendation they give you at revered reputation makes it way faster.
    You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Nkosana View Post
    So I finally returned to WoW and yesterday dinged lvl 90, farmed some hcs and first lfrs and managed to get 1k valor points. Now, I know that there is a 4.3 coming in 2-3 weeks and it is unclear to me should I spend my vp now (to upgrade some really cool BOE items)? My understanding is that there will be a new faction soon (and new dailies and gear etc etc), so it's no point to farm reputation with the current factions and buy gear from them.
    And instead I should just farm lfrs and hcs until 4.3 hits then farm reputation with the new factions and get gear from them.

Am i getting it right? Sorry, as I said, I have just returned and the new system is rather ambiguous. And Google isn't really helping .
    Thanks!
    This late coming into it IF you have a profession to allow you to make a BOA item I would make them and upgrade them since upgrade system going bye bye.

If not, save your VP because drop rates will be upped in the "lower" LFR's once the new ones come out.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

10+ Year Old Account
    The cost of Valor Point gear introduced in patch 5.0 has been reduced by 50%.
    The cost of Valor Point gear introduced in patch 5.1 has been reduced by 25%.

this is from the most recent patch notes.

can be found at this link http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/822...13_2013#quests

under the items section

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    don't worry 4.3 wont be out for months to come ;3(tip it's out already)
    your thinking about 5.2, upgrade.. you wont be able to do the new LFR with out the current Valor(lfr) gear.
    but spend your valor on buying gear from the current rep vendors that you can.
    some rep is locked behind golden lotus i do advise you do Golden Lotus firstly.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 11:54 PM ----------

it's reverse on the 5.0 and 5.1 gear
    5.0=75%
    5.1=50%*

(*=we don't really know)

He was right. 5.1 items are being reduced by 25%, thus they're 75% of the normal cost. 5.0 are being reduced by 50%.
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    $6 for a game made in 1993? If it was free then maybe I would buy it instead of pirating it.

Save your points.

When the patch comes out buy the ilv 522 necklace that requires no rep and spend the rest on 489/496 gear., which will have a reduced cost then.

Save any Valor, Lesser Charms, and Elder Charms for 5.2. As others have mentioned, all the 489 Valor gear will be half off, while all 496 Valor gear (this includes the new daily hub) will be 25% off current price.

As for the Lesser/Elder Charms, Lesser charms will be used to purchase the new ToT loot token, Mogu Rune of Fate. Elder Charms will drop off mobs on the Isle of Thunder and will still be the token for 5.0/5.1 LFR (which in turn have double chance of getting an item compared to now) , Sha of Anger, and Galleon. They will also be used to purchase buff items for the solo scenario Troves of the Thunder King.

Saw the title and cried a little. No more Dragon Soul pwease

OT: Save your points!