Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I live in Detroit. I'm in Detroit right now. I don't mind it - it's actually pretty nice here.

Poughkeepsie makes the top 20? Yeah, the place is bad, but I'd argue that there are worse in the upstate area.

15+ Year Old Account
    Vallejo, Modesto and Stockton... yep. That would make perfect sense. =p Those are some very poor areas and are laden with crime. A lot, of which, is gang affiliated.
    I had a cool sig... then photobucket ate my pics and now its borked. :/ oh wells...

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    let me rephrase the question
    What do all these cities politically have in common?
    Most of their previously burgeoning industry has been eliminated or moved offshore by capitalists?

Now where's my prize?

Reppin modestooo 209 wuddup

A little surprised Camden NJ isn't listed. I avoid that hellhole at all costs, I feel vulnerable even hearing it's name.

Edit: Yeah, never mind. It's there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stockton (unsure of the crime rates of the others in California) has a muder rate, per capita, higher than New York, New York.
    I had a cool sig... then photobucket ate my pics and now its borked. :/ oh wells...

10+ Year Old Account
    New York has worked hard to earn that spot. Abominable city.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Pretty surprised nothing in the DC/Baltimore area was on there.

My native state was tied with Michigan?!? We should have won by a landslide!

Oh, and San Bernardino should have been on this list.
    Last edited by DeeEss; 2013-02-23 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Nothing. Not every city is of the same party.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 01:16 AM ----------

It is an article about America's ten most miserable cities. Why the need to nitpick? Not everything has to be labeled as American or Not American. Even more so when its clear it is just talking about American cities by the list and even clearer when you actually read the article on Forbes.
    1. Detroit, MI mayor Dave Bing democrat

2. Flint, MI mayor Dayne Walling democrat

3. Rockford, IL mayor Lawrence Morrissey independent

4. Chicago, IL mayor Rahm Emanuel democrat

5. Modesto, CA mayor Garrad Marsh democrat

6. Vallejo, CA mayor Osby Davis democrat

7. Warren, MI mayor James R. Fouts independent

8. Stockton, CA mayor Anthony Silva democrat

9. Lake County, IL mayor Dick Welton democrat

10. New York, NY mayor Michael Bloomberg independent

those independents if you look at their voting records and what they campaigned on they are liberals
    and all of those cities other than one are in states with democrat governors
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2013-02-23 at 07:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Detroit, MI mayor Dave Bing democrat

2. Flint, MI mayor Dayne Walling democrat

3. Rockford, IL mayor Lawrence Morrissey independent

4. Chicago, IL mayor Rahm Emanuel democrat

5. Modesto, CA mayor Garrad Marsh democrat

6. Vallejo, CA mayor Osby Davis democrat

7. Warren, MI mayor James R. Fouts independent

8. Stockton, CA mayor Anthony Silva democrat

9. Lake County, IL mayor Dick Welton democrat

10. New York, NY mayor Michael Bloomberg indipendent

This could also prove Republicans destroyed them and so people vote Democrat to escape misery. Coincidence is not proof.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    This could also prove Republicans destroyed them and so people vote Democrat to escape misery. Coincidence is not proof.

It's a right wing conspiracy to make dems look bad!

Instead of making things up you could actually look and see if that is in fact the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

then i suggest you go look up the political history of all those cities and you will find the majority of the time they was run by democrats

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    It's a right wing conspiracy to make dems look bad!

Instead of making things up you could actually look and see if that is in fact the case.
    That'd be my point. I'm not extrapolating the data to mean anything - others are implying it.

then i suggest you go look up the political history of all those cities and you will find the majority of the time they was run by democrats
    Majority adds to my point; what if the times the President, Congress or local leaders were Republican coincide with economic failure?

15+ Year Old Account
    those independents if you look at their voting records and what they campaigned on they are liberals
    Two cities are in Michigan, Flint and Detroit. Also Democrat and Liberal are not the same. There is still nothing politically in common about the list.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    I came here expecting to see New Orleans on the list, good surprise.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

That'd be my point. I'm not extrapolating the data to mean anything - others are implying it.

Majority adds to my point; what if the times the President, Congress or local leaders were Republican coincide with economic failure?
    All i know it could be all the time. The proof is up to you to show that it was a republican that caused the problem to start with

10+ Year Old Account
    All i know it could be all the time. The proof is up to you to show that it was a republican that caused the problem to start with
    No, the ARGUMENT has to start by somebody stating a consistent fact.

15+ Year Old Account
    Detroit has a history of 35 Democrat, 23 are republican, 17 Whig, and 1 unknown. Hardly a majority of the time since 1806. Some served one year, some served 5+ years. Also the ballots for Detroit have been non-partisan since 1915. Meaning that the party affiliations don't appear on the ballot so party isn't always a factor in the determination of the mayor.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2013-02-23 at 07:26 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."