Feral - Ambershaper heroic burn strategy

How can feral druids do this strategy? We have a very small window to burn unsok before the monstrosity comes out, how can feral (and non-burst dps classes) dps effeciently on the burn phase?

Would Heart of the Wild wrath spam work better?

Deleted
    Dno if its worth anymore doing the burn strategy as u will have to do whole ph2 anyway because boss doesnt dying be4 ph3.. Also about burst with all your cds up (incarnation - nature vigil - berserk) is really OP

I haven't really bothered to do numbers on Heart of the Wild since the nerf, but even if you have a good spellpower weapon the burst potential of berserk+incarnation+nv with lust is godly. It pretty much guarantees unlimited ravages in the duration of the berserk.

If Nerya is saying they broke the burn strat then it doesn't matter either way. In my opinion the burn strat was bad anyways, the fight isn't so different from normal and the burn strat just seemed like a funny way to cheese the boss that took more time/wipes than just doing the real fight

Deleted
    Yeah the burn strat doesn't work anymore, he just stays at 1hp until the monstrosity dies, and he will berserk long before the monstrosity dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    Yeah the burn strat doesn't work anymore, he just stays at 1hp until the monstrosity dies, and he will berserk long before the monstrosity dies.
    It works perfectly fine, just a little different than originally. It makes P2 must easier. The burn strat lets you completely ignore applying stacks to Shaper during P2, you can just focus on the monstrosity.

Your burst should be amazing with all your cds up. Just build up 5 combo points on one of the tanks, then transfer them to Shaper for the burn and pop cds.
    Last edited by earthwormjim; 2013-02-24 at 07:54 PM.

Deleted
    Just killed it using Incarnation / NV and soul swap (symb to warlock)

Stacked my rip/rake onto the construct before the burn, swapped dots onto it, already had a 20 second SR left, spammed ravage and we got him down to 20% in phase 1. Phase 2 is a simple nuke him, with constructs stacking on monstrosity full time.

Phase 3 then was over in about 30 seconds. We had a ton of wipes using our previous tactic, only about 20 wipes using this one, and most of them was getting the timing right on the amber scalpel.

I'm not sure if those talents are the best ones, but we killed it.

You get about 50 stacks in phase 1 only, this way you have about 4 minutes to kill monstrosity, and the boss. We did it with 30 seconds on berserk. I heard guilds were stacking up to 90 when it was still possible.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2013-02-25 at 11:39 PM.

Deleted
    I don't even get why you would think the boss berserks before the monstrosity dies, the monstrosity dies in 1min30seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    You get about 50 stacks in phase 1 only, this way you have about 4 minutes to kill monstrosity, and the boss. We did it with 30 seconds on berserk. I heard guilds were stacking up to 90 when it was still possible.
    Going up to 50 stacks should leave you closer to 3m 30s left on berserk, which is still really tight to kill the monstrosity.

Quote Originally Posted by qweek View Post
    I don't even get why you would think the boss berserks before the monstrosity dies, the monstrosity dies in 1min30seconds.
    For the monstrosity to die in 1m 30s everyone in your raid would have to do at minimum 160k dps to the monstrosity, which frankly is near impossible considering there is tons of other things that need to die as well.

All in all, I still don't see how this strat makes it easier now, considering you make the fight both longer and require a shitton of more burst dps.

Deleted
    Going up to 50 stacks should leave you closer to 3m 30s left on berserk, which is still really tight to kill the monstrosity.

For the monstrosity to die in 1m 30s everyone in your raid would have to do at minimum 160k dps to the monstrosity, which frankly is near impossible considering there is tons of other things that need to die as well.

All in all, I still don't see how this strat makes it easier now, considering you make the fight both longer and require a shitton of more burst dps.
    I guess you forgot that you can stack destabilise on the monstrosity too. We had our second tank stay in construct for the whole phase 2 so we had a ton of stacks on him. We tried a whole bunch of methods, notably trying to get to phase 3 with 50-60 stacks on amber, its just too much RNG. This method doesn't remove RNG, but it cuts it down

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    I guess you forgot that you can stack destabilise on the monstrosity too. We had our second tank stay in construct for the whole phase 2 so we had a ton of stacks on him. We tried a whole bunch of methods, notably trying to get to phase 3 with 50-60 stacks on amber, its just too much RNG. This method doesn't remove RNG, but it cuts it down
    Not really, but you still start with 0 stacks, and you still need to kill the new constructs and living ambers.

Deleted
    Not really, but you still start with 0 stacks, and you still need to kill the new constructs and living ambers.
    With our tank constantly stacking through-out phase 2, and dps constantly being converted and stacking, it was at 20 stacks quite quickly. Don't have logs to show it, they might be uploaded later today.

The problem was with our old method (stacking almost all debuffs on amber shaper to go into phase 3 with 60 stacks on him) was just proving too much RNG. DPS would need to stay in construct, sometimes having to eat a pool because their energy is low and an explosion is coming, also our tank running out of pools in phase 2 because the monstrosity was dying too slow. The new method we tried, the burn as much in phase 1, removed almost all this RNG, an explosion should never get off when you constantly have 2 people stacking the debuff on monstrosity. Granted, the tank stacking will most likely die, but deaths on this fight are unavoidable.

If you are using this method, and are a feral with a warlock in the group, symb them.

Get a full duration of rake and rip up on a construct, just before the scalpel comes. (also make sure you have at least 20 seconds on SR)
    About 0.5 seconds from the scalpel, use soul swap on amber shaper so the rake/rip are transferred to him.
    Tigers fury
    Use this macro:-

#showtooltip Berserk
    /use Virmen's Bite
    /cast Incarnation: King of the Jungle
    /cast Berserk
    /cast Nature's Vigil
    Go to town with ravage, and bite on 5 combo points. If you want to add even more to this, buy an "on use agility trinket", mine didn't proc during the burn phase with is a bit of a pain.

The burn phase doesn't last very long. HotW "could" be better if you had a really good caster staff, remember blood lust should be up at this point so your wraths will cast quick, if you do decide to go this route.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2013-02-26 at 02:06 PM.

Deleted
    I just checked our first kill and we killed the monstrosity in about 2m 15s while having dps go out asap without eating and one tank staying as construct stacking both boss and monstrosity... Didn't really expect that made such a huge difference, but I guess I don't really notice playing a healer. Still, killing monstrosity in 1m 30s for a progressing group should be very tough.

I just checked our first kill and we killed the monstrosity in about 2m 15s while having dps go out asap without eating and one tank staying as construct stacking both boss and monstrosity... Didn't really expect that made such a huge difference, but I guess I don't really notice playing a healer. Still, killing monstrosity in 1m 30s for a progressing group should be very tough.
    It's not hard at all. You have literally double the number of stacks on the monstrosity using the burn strat compared to the normal, keep stacks on Amber Shaper strat. And monstrosity stacks NEVER fall off. It's very very difficult to maintain 100% monstrosity stack up time while also keeping stacks on Amber Shaper without running out of pools.

The burn strat makes things MUCH simpler. Tanks (perma-construct) don't have to juggle stacks on two targets, interrupts are simplified again because tanks only have to focus on the monstrosity. DPS/Healer constructs don't have to worry about timing so much for interrupts, again because the perma-construct tank doesn't have to juggle stacks on two targets.

Quote Originally Posted by earthwormjim View Post
    The burn strat makes things MUCH simpler. Tanks (perma-construct) don't have to juggle stacks on two targets, interrupts are simplified again because tanks only have to focus on the monstrosity. DPS/Healer constructs don't have to worry about timing so much for interrupts, again because the perma-construct tank doesn't have to juggle stacks on two targets.
    Juggling stacks on two targets really isn't difficult. We had a tank miss nights so I tanked recently: it took me one attempt to get juggling down (the biggest issue for me was I don't have a nameplate mod so all of the nameplates flying around made it difficult to target Un'sok, so I just put a focus on him and it was fixed since it's easy to target the monstrosity). Just make sure the Un'sok tank is always moving around to be close to puddles and/or not being knocked so far away from puddles. That's probably the biggest issue with juggling stacks: run backwards to get a puddle, tank knocked the opposite direction, oh poop. But not difficult to manage at all.

And interrupts aren't an issue because the way we time it: the dps will only need to interrupt within several seconds of being rehaped /shrug