Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Movies/TV] What should I watch on Netflix?

I was browsing the forums and came across a thread that had a clip from the movie "Snatch". I'd never seen this movie but the clip had Jason Statham in it so I figured I was sort of obligated to watch it ^__^ Anyway, just finished it and holy shit! It was fucking great! It was on the level of Kung fu Hustle, which got me thinking...

What other movies/shows are there on Netflix that are worth watching. I've had Netflix for years but tend to find movies that I actually enjoy pretty rarely. Watching Snatch though reminded me that there are many great movies on Netflix if you can just find them. What I'm here for right now is to ask if anyone has an suggestions on movies or shows that are available for instant streaming that are any good.

I like movies like the above mentioned, Snatch. Action movies, comedy-ish movies... nothing TOO silly (Will Ferrel type movies), some interesting Indie movies, shows like Supernatural and Jericho. Uhh... movies that most people might not like (Water World, AWESOME movie) and that one movie about dragons.... what's it called? Dragons? =3 it was kind of a post apocalyptic world where dragons had killed most people. There was also a movie that I really liked on Netflix called Monsters, it's kind of dumb and a little slow but I really enjoyed it for some reason. Soooo... if anyone has any suggestions that'd be awesome

If you have not got into it yet both season 1 and 2 of the walking dead is on there and season 1 of american horror story.

Season 1 and 2 of American Horror Story is 100% different as it is now when a season ends its the end of that story.

If you like anime/cartoons all futurama episodes is on there now along with the movies.

Also to add American Horror Story may be the most graphic thing I ever seen FX show if that helps any.

Edit: I hear breaking bad is good but I have yet to check it out.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd recommend Archer on netflix, they just added season3 (on the Canadian version at least), it is a great show.

Last thing I watched on Netflix was both seasons of Todd & the Book of Pure Evil.

Was wickedly funny, but not sure if it's what you'd be looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If you have not got into it yet both season 1 and 2 of the walking dead is on there and season 1 of american horror story.

Season 1 and 2 of American Horror Story is 100% different as it is now when a season ends its the end of that story.

If you like anime/cartoons all futurama episodes is on there now along with the movies.

Also to add American Horror Story may be the most graphic thing I ever seen FX show if that helps any.

Oh man Walking Dead is an amazing show. Tried to get my girlfriend into it but she's a little squeamish so she won't watch it any more Breaking Bad is a good show too, stopped watching it for a bit though.

If you enjoyed Snatch, then you MUST watch Lock, stock and two smoking barrels. It's even better imo.

And for an old cult classic, Evil dead III: Army of Darkness. Hail to the king, baby!

Just started watching Todd and the Book of Pure Evil... it's one of those shows that'll make you cringe sometimes =3

Think I'll watch one of Thalamus' suggestions and save the show for later, thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    try and get a tv show called Justified
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Oh man Walking Dead is an amazing show. Tried to get my girlfriend into it but she's a little squeamish so she won't watch it any more Breaking Bad is a good show too, stopped watching it for a bit though.
    Also the dragon movie you was thinking of is called Regin of Fire. I personally didn't care for it and its game was just down right bad.

Can't wait for new walking dead tomorrow and the walking dead game next month.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm watching the Futurama series right now. I never watched them during first-run; in fact, I only caught them sporadically. So far, I'm about eight episodes in, there are some pretty funny parts. It takes quite a bit to tickle me, but so far, I'm giggling a couple times during each episode. Bender is particularly funny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    I was browsing the forums and came across a thread that had a clip from the movie "Snatch". I'd never seen this movie but the clip had Jason Statham in it so I figured I was sort of obligated to watch it ^__^ Anyway, just finished it and holy shit! It was fucking great! It was on the level of Kung fu Hustle, which got me thinking...
    if you enjoyed snatch, then take a look at Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels another awesome movie by Guy Ritchie.

Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I'm watching the Futurama series right now. I never watched them during first-run; in fact, I only caught them sporadically. So far, I'm about eight episodes in, there are some pretty funny parts. It takes quite a bit to tickle me, but so far, I'm giggling a couple times during each episode. Bender is particularly funny.
    Futurama is awesome to watch and even the new episodes are good.

I think there about to start airing more new episodes.

Deleted
    Layer Cake
    Formula 51 / 51st State

couple more of my favorite movies along the same lines as snatch. Both worth a watch if you can find them on netflix

as for TV shows
    The Wire
    The Shield
    SouthLAnd

All worth watching.
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2013-02-23 at 01:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just finished Blue Mountain State, if you like American Pie then you should try that, also Netflix released House of Cards recently, their first self-published series, it's actually really good too. Walking Dead and Breaking Bad are excellent too, as is Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog. If you watch one thing though, it has to be Arrested Development, it's the only American comedy show in my top 10.

Video Game High School
    Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

House of Cards, Netflix original.

Series was awesome, great cast and amazing dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalamus View Post
    If you enjoyed Snatch, then you MUST watch Lock, stock and two smoking barrels.
    I will second this, watch Lock stock for sure, also check out Layer Cake/The Departed I think you may enjoy both of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    Futurama's probably one of my favorite shows of all time. I've watched it from the first to last episode at least 3 times =3 the newer episodes on Netflix aren't all that great though, too many pop culture references.

While American Horror is graphic. I think Nip/Tuck was more graphic and pervers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

In a world of deceit, open your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by GGA1759 View Post
    While American Horror is graphic. I think Nip/Tuck was more graphic and pervers.
    I never got around to seeing nip/tuck but I have heard that tho.