Page 1 of 2
LastLast

they say Leona is OP?

just finished a game with leona, the entire enemy team was pissed saying leona should be banned and she is op. "stfu you have like 8 stuns you noob" lmao that made me Lulz so hard. if anything leona is UP she is like no dmg. it funny how people say leona is a nerfed amumu they both have different role and eccel at their job better then the other.
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    She is? That's new.

She has 2 stuns and one of them is her ulti, so not worse than other champs out there.

Deleted
    If the general population is to be believed, everyone is simultaneously overpowered, underpowered and balanced anyway. Guess it was just a well played Leona that pissed the enemy team off.

Leona is a powerful support. Not overpowered than any other support out there, especially compared to The Thresh Prince. What level is this at?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    She is? That's new.

She has 2 stuns and one of them is her ulti, so not worse than other champs out there.
    She has 3 if you count the ministun on her E

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyn View Post
    What level is this at?
    i am 1400 elo
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

Leona OP? That's a new one.

She is definitely very strong in certain situations. She's basically a walking CC-machine with auras. Kind of like a more support-centered Nautilus.

Also Noomz, your avatars/signatures always distract me... but not in a bad way.

Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    i am 1400 elo
    There's your answer, at this ELO Tryn and Morde are prolly still OP, too. Leona is just fine, she can be countered pretty hard with Lulu, but at the same time she can be very strong against other supports like Sona.

Deleted
    Every champion can seem OP when they're kicking your ass :P

Deleted
    leona locks targets up and has a huge engagement range; that's her strengths. she goes in on a priority target and stays there getting focus off of her adc, or locks someone trying to kill her adc up. added with her passive her abilities does a ton of damage (more damage than lux's passive before lvl 14 iirc) when someone is hitting her marked targets.

vs "don't hit me plz"-supports like sona & janna she is strong due to the fact that they have to play on their toes, same reason blitz & thresh are strong - you hook someone and they take a lot of damage or even die outright.

the lower elo you're at the stronger they become. leona isn't quite as op when people aren't casually walking into engagement range or don't know that wards in brush saves lives; she does however still enable strong jungle ganks even if the enemies are farming at a safe distance - granted that your jungler knows that as well of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find the biggest problem is that people don't learn.

They don't change their build ever.

They don't respond to their opponents.

They repeat the same mistake that just got them killed 60 seconds ago.

I find that those that play Leona are TOO aggressive, and it usually ends up being more kills for me.

---------- Post added 2013-03-18 at 01:02 PM ----------

Plus I think we need to define exactly what is "overpowered"

When a player playing XXXX champion can kill an opposing player playing YYYY champion regardless of either players build, runes, masteries, and SKILL.

Then and only then is XXXX champion OP.

---------- Post added 2013-03-18 at 01:14 PM ----------

I came across this just a minute ago while looking up videos for Karma's rework (doesn't exist yet)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0nc2OHFwyY

But less than 10 seconds in is a prime example of how she is not OP... she doesn't die

But she doesn't manage to secure a kill even 2v1... on top of that... she gets her adc killed. TOTALLY OP WTF RIOT!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Leona OP? That's a new one.

She is definitely very strong in certain situations. She's basically a walking CC-machine with auras. Kind of like a more support-centered Nautilus.

Also Noomz, your avatars/signatures always distract me... but not in a bad way.
    Thanks, they distract me too
    Your avatar makes me think of this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ykbVt1ZaJM

After all this talk of Leona, I think I'll give her a go. I've got her but never played her much.

Deleted
    For all we know ...

SHE'S CALLED THE STIG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    just finished a game with leona, the entire enemy team was pissed saying leona should be banned and she is op. "stfu you have like 8 stuns you noob" lmao that made me Lulz so hard. if anything leona is UP she is like no dmg. it funny how people say leona is a nerfed amumu they both have different role and eccel at their job better then the other.
    Leona OP? LOL

Leona UP? LOL

Sounds like a game of dummies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Sn0w View Post
    Leona OP? LOL

Leona UP? LOL

You change your avatar/signature...

She is BEAUTIFUL!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    For all we know ...

SHE'S CALLED THE STIG.
    It's not a she then but rather a something that is unknown.

OT: I tend to find her to be very strong but not as strong as a player who knows how to play an Alistar. A good Alistar is much better than a Leona in my opinion, I think he provides some the best CC, even better than Leona, if played correctly but that's the catch. Not many have any idea what they are doing with Alistar and that's why you don't see him too often anymore and that is also why Leona is played more and was dubbed "OP" in your game...
    Hey everyone

Leona is actually fairly "weak" in my opinion. She has phenomenal CC but she has only one playstyle, all in. If your ADC is behind and its a bad idea to go in, she's effectively the most useless support. Taric and Alistar provide similar CC but are flexible, both can be passive or aggressive depending on what they max/how they build. Leona gets great in teamfights, but if you're behind in lane she is not great.

Your avatar makes me think of this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ykbVt1ZaJM
    Then my work is done! That video is amazing.

After all this talk of Leona, I think I'll give her a go. I've got her but never played her much.
    Good, we need more Leona players. Can't have Queen Taric hog all the spotlight!

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    For all we know ...

SHE'S CALLED THE STIG.
    The Stig skin inc

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Sn0w View Post
    Leona OP? LOL

Leona UP? LOL

Oh hey, you're back!

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbesz View Post
    Stuff
    That's why she's a situational pick in comparison to those guys. Although Taric is just too overall strong these days, while Alistar is kind of limping around now.

When ever someone has a good game and carries their team it seems to be the general consensus that they are "OP".

Deleted
    If I have to choose between OP and UP I would say OP, especially at low elo like mine.
    Was my main support a couple of months ago, now I'm playing mostly Lux(AP)/Tresh(Tank) support.