Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Index and ring for A and D (or Q and E for strafing). Use pinky for ctrl modifier and thumb for alt (vent button) and space bar (jump). And yes, I have a Naga.

Quote Originally Posted by SirPiken View Post
    Actually as long as im not using it to write macros that would let me use two abilities with one button press it's ok.

It isn't automating my character. As soon as i stop pressing the button my character stops acting.

One GM basically put it "If you're attacked by a cat and you have to use both hands to defend yourself, does your character still function? If so, it's against the rules."
    Except that quote you have there itself says you can't do it. "as long as it does not perform something the default UI does not do." You cannot hold down a button and have it auto-spam that ability without outside software. That is considered automation and you can be actioned for it. Will you? Probably not. But Blizzard's anti-bot systems can detect abilities being performed at exactly the same frequency.

Quote Originally Posted by LS1S13 View Post
    Except that quote you have there itself says you can't do it. "as long as it does not perform something the default UI does not do." You cannot hold down a button and have it auto-spam that ability without outside software. That is considered automation and you can be actioned for it. Will you? Probably not. But Blizzard's anti-bot systems can detect abilities being performed at exactly the same frequency.
    There is no automation, as soon as i stop pressing I stop doing. I also have a wow mouse that is full licensed and has the same functionality, are they fully licensing illegal products?

I've been using this or something similar since vanilla without a problem.

There is no automation, as soon as i stop pressing I stop doing.
    The rule of thumb is one action per one key press. You're getting unlimited repeated actions for pressing the key once (and holding it down).

I also have a wow mouse that is full licensed and has the same functionality, are they fully licensing illegal products?
    Blizzard doesn't make that item, they just have their stickers stuck on it. Marketing makes money and we know Blizzard enjoys making money.

I've been using this or something similar since vanilla without a problem.
    Just because you have been doing something doesn't mean it's not against the rules.

You can deny this all you want but the fact of the matter is what you are doing is against Blizzard's rules. Whether you want to listen to facts is totally up to you. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a stupid rule myself and personally see no harm in doing it. However, my and your opinions do not matter.
    Last edited by Nairb4; 2013-02-24 at 05:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Strafe with A and D, spam abilities on W (I move with A,S, and D instead of WAD). It's a perfect bind for spammable abilities IMO. Also my secondary spammable abilities is generally always bound on 2 (mangle, starfire, hemorrhage). Spammable abilities that cost resources (black out kick, eviscerates etc) are generally always bound on Q and E. Besides that I've got my "power enhancing" abilities on 3 and my more bursty CDs/abilities on 4 (tiger's fury, necrotric strike, fists of fury).

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    That thing looks beyond awkward.
    OT: Ring/index finger
    swifty plays with it afaik ^^ since years!

auto-spam seems nice :O

Thumb moves with the little joystick, all the buttons auto-spam. The button below is bound to jump, as well as a button on my mouse. IF i need to jump while moving I usually just hold both mouse buttons for the second it takes my thumb to leave the joystick to press jump.

The problem with this setup is that you are practically crippled without it. And its quite inconvenient trying to chat while using it :\ I tried and loved it playing guild wars 2, but I wouldnt use it for any other games

Quote Originally Posted by LS1S13 View Post
    The rule of thumb is one action per one key press. You're getting unlimited repeated actions for pressing the key once (and holding it down).

Blizzard doesn't make that item, they just have their stickers stuck on it. Marketing makes money and we know Blizzard enjoys making money.

Just because you have been doing something doesn't mean it's not against the rules.

You can deny this all you want but the fact of the matter is what you are doing is against Blizzard's rules. Whether you want to listen to facts is totally up to you. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a stupid rule myself and personally see no harm in doing it. However, my and your opinions do not matter.
    who doesnt enjoy making money?
    oh yeah, people who hate their jobs... those are obviously far superior to blizzard! cant do your job right if you arent hating it, thats what granpa always said.

Deleted
    I use any combination of my ring finger, middle finger and index finger for abilities and strafing. The only things pinky and thumb are used for is tabbing and jumping. And maybe the rare occassion I need to press the ability binded to 7 and strafe at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    The problem with this setup is that you are practically crippled without it. And its quite inconvenient trying to chat while using it :\ I tried and loved it playing guild wars 2, but I wouldnt use it for any other games
    I'm not the guy that originally posted it, but I use one as well. And, I suppose you could say I'm "practically crippled" without it. . . but to my thinking, that only serves to illustrate how much more effective it is than a standard keyboard. Also, the only time I'd ever be without it in the first place is if I'm playing on someone else's computer. In that case I'd be playing without my addons and UI settings - far, FAR more crippling to my play than the switch back to a standard keyboard.

Anyway, with WoW's 1-1.5 second global cooldown timer, just about *any* hotkey layout that gives you at least two free fingers to cast with is going to be fast enough to stay strongly competitive.