5.2 Raid Comp Semi HC

Hello All. We are a Semi-HC 2/day a week raiding guild. Atm we are 13/16 Heroic just to give you a rough idea of our raid level. My question is will having 0 melee effect us next tier? Atm we are using the following comp:

Protadin / Blood DK

Resto Sham / Hpal / Resto Druid

Spriest (Disc/Holy OS 502 ilvl) / Hunter / Mage / Warlock / Boomkin

I haven't really looked into any of the fights next tier yet and PTR is always down....Will not having any melee effect us do you think? Our boomkin has a decent kitty OS if we really need a melee for a particular fight and I have a 501 frost dk (Main is my hunter) if necessary. Thanks for your input particularly to those that have tested some of the fights on PTR

Quote Originally Posted by Sting123 View Post
    Hello All. We are a Semi-HC 2/day a week raiding guild. Atm we are 13/16 Heroic just to give you a rough idea of our raid level. My question is will having 0 melee effect us next tier? Atm we are using the following comp:

Protadin / Blood DK

Resto Sham / Hpal / Resto Druid

Spriest (Disc/Holy OS 502 ilvl) / Hunter / Mage / Warlock / Boomkin

I haven't really looked into any of the fights next tier yet and PTR is always down....Will not having any melee effect us do you think? Our boomkin has a decent kitty OS if we really need a melee for a particular fight and I have a 501 frost dk (Main is my hunter) if necessary. Thanks for your input particularly to those that have tested some of the fights on PTR
    As far as I know there aren't any fights where melee pull ahead in Tier 15 (or are essential), the only thing that you might need melee for would be interrupt rotations is easier with melee classes and I don't know of many fights that have that next tier.

Obviously having a balanced roster where people don't share the same loot is a good thing, so if you did pick up a leather agi user that would help you but you seem to have a fairly balanced roster in terms of type and tier sets.

It probably afects you positively lol, melee always get the shaft on most fights

Deleted
    melee is typically used for heavy-movement fights (with boss contact), interrupt fights or cleave fights. there are very few of those in t15.

instead, there are a lot of multidot fights:
    Dark Animus, Primordius, Council of Elders, Horridon, Tortos, Ji-Kun and Lei Shen in some phases

and many mechanics where you have to keep a distance to the boss or there's lots of stuff on the ground keeping you from always reaching your target:
    Jin'Rokh: Lightning Storm, Focused Lighting (does it target melees?), Ionization
    Horridon: Sand Traps, Living Poison, Frozen Orbs, Lightning Nova Totem, also traveling from boss to adds and back
    Council of Elders: this is a fight where melee will be very good if you position the bosses to be cleaved, especially since you need interrupts here too
    Tortos: Can only attack the boss from the front, but maybe Blizz removed parry here? Doesn't favor melee since you can't dps the Whirl Turtles
    Megaera: If Meleees are targeted by Cinders and Torrent of Ice, you're gonna have a bad time running around
    Ji-Kun: I don't think melees have a real penalty here. might even be favorable for the platform because no dps loss while moving from Caw and Down Draft. I'd rather take a hunter though
    Durumu: Lots of movement here. The second encounter where melee will do very well.
    Primordius: I'd avoid melees here. You need lots and lots of multidot or at least ranged attacks. running after the blobs isn't very efficient
    Dark Animus: Bring Multidot or Pet Classes instead
    Iron Qon: Penalty for standing in front of Ro'shak but bonus for Dead Zone. Zero-sum game, is my guess.
    Twin Consorts: Nuclear Inferno and Tidal Waves, penalty
    Lei Shen: Overcharge, Static Shock and not being able to ranged dot the adds will lose you a good amount of dps.

Out of 12 encounters, I'd only bring melees on 2 if I had a choice. But then again, maybe Windwalker dps will be so good that you'll want one regardless.

Regards
    Last edited by mmocc23bbb0a5f; 2013-02-24 at 04:39 PM.