Poll: Would you play an Ogre / Like them to become playable?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    don' t care. they would be another evil horde race. also to make them a player class and get them right would be very difficult to balance.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Previously I would've said no...

http://ogrila.org

But this site won me over.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    don' t care. they would be another evil horde race. also to make them a player class and get them right would be very difficult to balance.
    Troll spotted.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I play my Horde toons I play them for the "big ugly" factor that defines the Horde, so yeah I would.
    I can also see them being put into the Horde simply because they're actually rather similar to the Kalimdor Horde races and so wouldn't need to any fiddling with to make them work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Merciful god burn it with fire!

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...on-d5i4cfr.png
    This better?
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I have no worgen, no dranei, no pandas, and I don't see me rushing to make a ogre as it is even worse than these.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see them introduced mid expansion (I know it would never happen).

Just give them lvl 1-5 and then they get onto a boat to Durotar and then quest as normal.
    Give the Alliance the High Elves the same way. Both I believe are great parts of their respective side just not expansion draw cards... Maybe a ten year birthday gift to customers

Eh, I prefer clever races. And less likely to get stuck in doorways.

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate ogres.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well i have http://www.wowhead.com/item=49704 So i already play one^^

I don't really do horde so that's a huge barrier to playing an ogre as I can't see them ever being an alliance race. I've put no as they there is very little chance I would ever have an ogre as a regularly played character. Would probably make one, do whatever new starting area they have and then delete it. If I had beta access the ogre would probably never make it to live, much like my goblin.

I wouldn't play one. If i want to play a fat guy i play my pandas, at least they look a bit fierce with their claws and teeth. Even if the Horde pandas would be cunning, all Ogres in the game are dumb, clumsy creatures and that's how they are perceived by the players. And the fact that they remind my constantly of Homer Simpson doesn't help either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally wouldn't roll one, but I wouldn't mind if they were a playable race for the horde.

My question is what would the counter alliance race be?

lore: they match perfectly with the horde, there's more history avaiable than there was for pandaren or worgen or w/e
    remodel: that's a given, they'd do it
    females: ugh, no way around ugly ones, but then again, so are mail ones. most dont play ugly female worgens/dwarves/tauren etc., but hey, who wants to make out with his avatar? I can only agree that ugly races, especially in the horde, are part of warcraft. I think many races are to humanized even, and could use some "uglyfication". Maybe make it a indistinguishable race (males and females look the same) and make two headed ones hermaphrodites :P. Okay, okay, just kidding ^^.
    classes: warriors, hunters, mages, warlocks and shamans come to mind instantly. I guess there could've been ogres during the third war that were turned into death knights (more easily than for draenei/worgen). Priests maybe tbh they dont fit any better than tauren, but hey, we've got sunwalkers and tauren priests now, right?. Which leaves paladins and leather classes. I guess monks would be the most credible out of them, though I dont doubt you could explain a druidic source of powers (they managed well with worgen and trolls, after all).
    starting zone: looking at that ogre.site, there seems to be enough ideas going around. Others could include ogrila sending envoys with apexis cristals to ogre encampments of the horde or unaffiliated ones on draenor and cause those primitive ones to evolve, and a sky-rocketing birth of two headed ogres, which developed leadership and spellcaster qualities etc etc.
    leader: rexxar, that's easy

And if you can make chubby pandas a race, ogres shouldn't be a problem. Make them just a teeny tiny bit bigger than tauren and it should be fine even with doorways

yes I would play an ogre (they'd have to make separate jokes for the two-headed ones though, that would be hilarious). And cast animations would probably look hilarious on those as well, each head/hand doing their own thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Doubt I would, they're not really my thing. But that doesn't stop me from wanting them added. They would round out the Horde.

BTW, was doing Dominance Offensive and the Horde is using Ogre Mages on Pandaria. Possible hint to them becoming playable?
    As much of a hint as they've been since that ogre village in Dustwallow was Horde aligned. IE not much.

To those complaining about sizes: Moonkin are the same size as Ogres, and share the same animations. Size isn't an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    ... do we really need to "cure monster girl-ify" ogre girls DO WE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    Not really interested, no. Unfortunately, the impression they leave at this point is slow and not-very-bright, WC3 notwithstanding. I suspect after the initial "oh boy" moment in the sun when new, they'd eventually settle into one of the least played races in the game.
    I'd have to agree. Some people would love to play them, but they're just not a very interesting race overall. They've always been the big dumb targets that make dumb comments and fall over with a thud. I couldn't imagine an Ogre leading a party, or a raid, they'd just run around smashing things.

Only if they implement the two headed version with two players controlling one head each.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    My question is what would the counter alliance race be?
    Knights (wcII ref)

jk. well, high elves would an opportunity to bring an old alliance race back, together with an old horde one. They didn't really do that when horde got back goblins either, though. And people would complain about a lack of imagination ob blizz's part also (though having a race playable on both sides isn't really something revoltingly new anymore then).

Well, I know of some, but it they would probably both fit horde better (and I'd want them for my side ^^): quillboars and naga
    quillboars could probably be somehow join alliance through their enmity towards the tauren, and alliance helping them claim the barrens for themselves
    naga were once nightelves (highborne actually). as they were cursed and exiled though, they would fit more with blood elves/horde.

and furbolgs would be to similar to pandaren and worgen to be ever implemented as a playable race, let alone an alliance one
    hmm there'd be those viking guys from northrend...though being likely the humans' ancestors, their kinda more horde-like in attitude and stuff (ferocious, honor, bloodlust, pillaging etc.) makes them not the best fit either.

maybe an entirely new race. with draenei, worgen being cursed humans and pandaren blizz cemented their "good guys" view of alliance to much to do a turn now (which is a shame, really).

what about those dryad/keeper of the the grove thingies? they're on the side of the nightelves and would bring some unique stuff: quadrupedal race
    would make mounts kinda akward (maybe a night elv form for mounting, similar to worgens have their human form) and require lots of work in terms of armor, but I think they'd be cool... warriors, hunters, druids, mages, priests I could imagine them as... well, monks are not possible (rolls and jumping kicks, yeah right) rogues maybe (deer can be very quiet) and death knights, well, worgen and nightelves can be death knights, so why not. Maybe add shamans to the cart as well. Elements and spirit doesn't seem that much a stretch form a race able to be mage and druid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.