Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cata questing was too damned railed. The actual content of the quests weren't bad, but I liked choosing which area of the quest zone I wanted to do next. After helping the Warsong Offensive root themselves in Northrend, you could choose between helping PETA, helping the naga priestess kill Leviroth, helping Bor'gorok Outpost, helping the Kirin Tor free that mage lady, or getting Malygo's minions out of the Kalu'ak ruins. That sense of choice kinda went down the drain with cata.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Cata questing was too damned railed. The actual content of the quests weren't bad, but I liked choosing which area of the quest zone I wanted to do next. After helping the Warsong Offensive root themselves in Northrend, you could choose between helping PETA, helping the naga priestess kill Leviroth, helping Bor'gorok Outpost, helping the Kirin Tor free that mage lady, or getting Malygo's minions out of the Kalu'ak ruins. That sense of choice kinda went down the drain with cata.
    Yeah, I'm glad they made that change in MoP. Whoever thought on-rails was a good idea needs to be fired.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Though if they had made better use of the tech available to them, even on-rails could've told a good story.

Personally, I enjoyed the original Classic questing the most. Sure, it was chaotic and not streamlined at all. But hey, you could walk into areas and suddenly find a quest mob (The Nightelf in Razorfen as Alliance). Not to mention finding the NPC to do the Doomguard Quest as a Warlock and all those other delicious class quests that gave your class choice a lot more meaning and made you want to play other classes to see their stories. Not to mention they made you see parts of the world you otherwise might not have visited initially. The trip to the Barrens was probably one of my favorites, because it was a dangerous journey to learn about a even more dangerous power - the Succubus. Back when Fear and Seduce had seperate diminishing returns ;D

I really miss that kind of stuff and I never got why it got removed. It just diminished the questing overall, instead of enriching it. In the long run it made me quit playing WoW and ruined my impression of Blizzard quite a bit.

Also, the Classic Login Screen is still my favorite. Simple, but stylish. And nice music.

And what I miss the most is probably going to Stratholme Side Entrance and being chased by half the Horde in the entire zone and barely escaping into the Dungeon :P
    Last edited by mmoc72f1823250; 2013-02-26 at 02:35 AM.

Deleted
    I feel this needs to be back on Page 1. So much rage on these forums. We need more happy things!

10+ Year Old Account
    Apologies for the thread necromancy, but considering that GameSpy HAS now ceased to be and I was just looking for the Flintlocke comics, I feel the need to thank Xaragoth for the work. And no, it's not crazy at all, I remember backing up all the .swfs from a german flash cartoon site way back when it was on the verge of being closed due to some silly copyright shenanigans.

Also, more people should be aware of this.

So if I am to receive an infraction for this, I humbly accept.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    There's this concept called "fun." I know it's foreign to most of the people on this forum, but perhaps you should look into it; there's a school of thought that suggests it's integral to why people play games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I didn't know that the creator of the old Flintlocke Comics was Dave Kosak. Pretty neat! And thanks for the link and doing this. I haven't seen anything of Flintlocke since 2006ish so this should be fun.

Edit: Oh wow okay so yeah, this thread is old. I was just thinking to myself that i thought GameSpy went down a year ago already! Oh well I'm glad you bumped it Lumennon so I could grab the download =)
    Last edited by Beet; 2014-02-07 at 10:49 AM.

Instapaper'd so I can use the free wi-fi at work to upload another mirror.

or 2

or 3 ....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vormav View Post
    Oh well I'm glad you bumped it Lumennon so I could grab the download =)
    Happy to help!

Anyway, what maybe should be done is to go over the files and put them in proper order, going through them by their default sorting ends up getting confusing pretty fast.

Any takers? ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    There's this concept called "fun." I know it's foreign to most of the people on this forum, but perhaps you should look into it; there's a school of thought that suggests it's integral to why people play games.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumennon View Post
    Happy to help!

Anyway, what maybe should be done is to go over the files and put them in proper order, going through them by their default sorting ends up getting confusing pretty fast.

Any takers? ^^
    I've been working on that for a while now, already put a lot of them in chapter folders. Flintlocke's Guide to Azeroth is in chapter order, but I'm going to have to put the panels in order next. Some already are, but I'll need to take care of others.

Problem is, I've noticed that a few panels were missing. As of yet, nothing important from the main storyline is missing as far as I know, but it'd still be a shame not to have the entire thing.

What is missing right now is the two panels where Flintlocke and Kathrena are killing turtles, between the Heinous Helm and Flintlocke's letter to Magistrate Solomon. Normally I'd leave a link, but the site won't let me for now. It can be found on Youtube, "Flintlocke's Guide to Azeroth: Episode 3" by BroadSpectrumStudios at the 0:38 second mark.

If anyone can somehow manage to find these, it'd be great. If I find any other missing panels, I'll leave a message.
    Last edited by Aeliren; 2014-04-25 at 02:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atleast good to see the best being saved, hehe.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Thumbs up

Thank you so much for this!!! Just looked for director's cut to read again, but deleted from gamespy...

Deleted
    Think you could use waybackmachine (internet archives) to find missing pictures.

I downloaded heaps of these at work... but as they were individual jpg's it was alot more effort than the wget script i wrote for ctrlaltdel.com