HM Windlord 10 man tips/tricks

Please let me know if I can add anything in the annotations that you guy's may have done.
    (I make no money off these. I just do them to help those out that aren't moving as quickly through the content. Please be gentle.)

Being generally horrible but helpful since Molten Core;
    When leading was more about managing bathroom breaks than boss mechanics.
    http://www.ihazlead.com - Raid leading guides, tutorials, and videos.

Error at 2:27 or 2:28 or whatever - hunters can not purge the debuff with no global cooldown. It costs us a GBC and 10 focus, or no focus with a 10 second cooldown (making it basicly useless).
    3:30 - if you have a priest (any priest will do), you will not need an external - a priest shield is enough.
    6:03 - It's 45 seconds after the set of adds dies they respawn (if it was 30, then it'd be the moment recklessness ended).
    Also, sub 20% seems awfully high to focus boss over adds. You'll have 3 adds up (plus the boss being a fourth target) getting hammered, with 61M hp between them, and the boss will have +120M hp if it's at 20% - the 3 adds will die WAY faster than the boss if you focus your energy on them, rather than the boss, and then he'll just fall over afterwards.

Draco, thank you so much for taking the time to post all of that. I love when 1%-ers share their info. Seriously awesome addendums. I'm going to update annotations now. ty my man.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Error at 2:27 or 2:28 or whatever - hunters can not purge the debuff with no global cooldown. It costs us a GBC and 10 focus, or no focus with a 10 second cooldown (making it basicly useless).
    3:30 - if you have a priest (any priest will do), you will not need an external - a priest shield is enough.
    6:03 - It's 45 seconds after the set of adds dies they respawn (if it was 30, then it'd be the moment recklessness ended).
    Also, sub 20% seems awfully high to focus boss over adds. You'll have 3 adds up (plus the boss being a fourth target) getting hammered, with 61M hp between them, and the boss will have +120M hp if it's at 20% - the 3 adds will die WAY faster than the boss if you focus your energy on them, rather than the boss, and then he'll just fall over afterwards.

Deleted
    Most of the information (and really all the cruical info) is correct, and it's a solid guide. A few things to note:

If your healers/healing setup is weak it may be worth to time the add killing so you don't have recklessness up when rain of blades comes off cd.

The respawn timer for the adds is 50 seconds (and even more until they actually land and engage afaik), not 30.

You could mention that whirling blade has a slight aoe in every direction(so if you stand very close behind/to side of the boss you still get hit), stand at max (or close to max) melee range to the side or behind the boss to ensure that you avoid it.

It'd also be useful to mention that recklessness does not stack (unlike normal mode), and that killing the second pack of adds before the buff disappears is a big dps loss.

I realise that you want to be funny, and in moderation that's great (though I don't really find the images popping up over the screen amusing, but each to his own), but you might want to cut down on it a little. If someone is looking for a guide on a boss I don't think they usually want to wait two minutes before actually getting any real information (putting things like your paladin raging at the end, after explaining everything, would be a nice touch though). That's just my opinion, and has nothing to do with the actual information in the video.

Oh yeah, I feel like a complete retard, but what is the band/song at the start? I bet I've heard it a thousand times but the name just eludes me right now.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-02-24 at 05:42 AM.

Wow, I'm floored. Usually the comments I get aren't exactly helpful. I'm posting on Saturday night's from now on!! This is all such great info I'm happy to pass it along to those who will benefit from it.

Deleted
    Wow, I'm floored. Usually the comments I get aren't exactly helpful. I'm posting on Saturday night's from now on!!
    Cheers man. You do have a point, I'd never sit down and watch a guide of a boss I already did if I was sober:P.

hahaha love you!

Quote Originally Posted by jfragment View Post
    Draco, thank you so much for taking the time to post all of that. I love when 1%-ers share their info. Seriously awesome addendums. I'm going to update annotations now. ty my man.
    No problem =P. Generally, I have to agree with the other guy, being funny in moderation is good, but some of the popups are a bit "too much" - for example, love the genie (childhood nostalgia ftw), but generally -
    If you're making a video "guide", people will expect to be told most of the info. If they have to sort both audio and written text (what's a joke, what's usefull, why is that text flying in on my screen telling me to use a focus macro at 3 minutes in, can't even read it because it's backwards for half the duration), it's easier to just read a written guide.
    Things like the graph for dispells, the healthbars showing the different mobs, and the genie pointing out alllllll the windbombs = good. Stupid text flying in and distracting you while trying to listen to what the person is saying = bad (and if you do want to include "use a focus macro", it'd be great to include one in the video too, so people don't have to google it afterwards - remember, as you said yourself, you're making this guide for those who aren't moving as quickly through content as others. Macros aren't always a common concept for people. I don't even fucking know how to make a /focus macro, which is why I only play healers, tanks, or dps that does not have to interrupt "").

Might be very nitpicky, but ah well, might aswell give you something to work with.

Also, red/purple on yellow background is GHASTLY, who on earth chose those colors .

Oh yeah, I feel like a complete retard, but what is the band/song at the start? I bet I've heard it a thousand times but the name just eludes me right now.
    It's actually my band lol. Velocity Engine - First Time :: http://www.last.fm/music/Velocity+Engine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jfragment View Post
    It's actually my band lol. Velocity Engine - First Time :: http://www.last.fm/music/Velocity+Engine
    Haha okay, not what it reminded me off (since I never heard you before), but some nice songs.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-02-24 at 04:47 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm wondering, you mention you need ONE dedicated interrupter... but don't cast all three menders the mending? we used three interrupters last night ...

Yeah you definitely need 3 interrupters. And in normal mode when you have the interrupters getting amber-owned then you may even need back ups.

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    I'm wondering, you mention you need ONE dedicated interrupter... but don't cast all three menders the mending? we used three interrupters last night ...