Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Mims head and Invincible were ultra rare for their time. There wasn't posses of people riding them around. 0lights was the only drop for Mim's head in 25. Thats 25 weeks of farming 0lights. Not that many folks did that. Same with invincible. Maybe 3 or 4 a raid group (average) for Invincible. Shadowmourne was easy to get but, not as easy as say the the FL staff. So it isn't like a ton of people can even "1 up You" in that sense.

I wouldn't be ashamed. I'm on like week 150 for a horse from Kara (thanks to running it all of BC and loosing on it twice) which I've been farming a long time. I've got a decent amount of TK kills as well still no mount. I'll be just as excited to get em and just as proud of em as if I had gotten them the first week in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I know what your talking about though, a while back a friend finally after week on pugigng groups, got her twilight drake, and one of our long term raiders turned around quite aggressively and said she didnt deserve the mount because she out level'd it, you can imagine it caused a QQ, Ironically, he went in next week to get ash's and it dropped, but apparently that didnt count

I know a few people who are negative towards people getting mounts these days from old content, but to me if your farming a mount for months on end every week with a 1% drop rate, then hats off to your patience

But if you get it and someone has a issue with it, just do what I do and tell them to shove it and stop being so pathetic,
    >Out leveled it.

OS 3D both 10/25 were out leveled when Ulduar came around and zerg runs happened. 10/10 for logic from players who clearly didn't play during Wrath. Hell, I don't think there was anyone in Wrath who DIDN'T get that mount. During ICC, there were runs every week for it, and people would kill the boss in like a minute. During Wrath as level 80s.

imo tell that long term raider that he's a complete dick and clearly a noob also.

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 05:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Mims head and Invincible were ultra rare for their time. There wasn't posses of people riding them around. 0lights was the only drop for Mim's head in 25. Thats 25 weeks of farming 0lights. Not that many folks did that. Same with invincible. Maybe 3 or 4 a raid group (average) for Invincible. Shadowmourne was easy to get but, not as easy as say the the FL staff. So it isn't like a ton of people can even "1 up You" in that sense.

I wouldn't be ashamed. I'm on like week 150 for a horse from Kara (thanks to running it all of BC and loosing on it twice) which I've been farming a long time. I've got a decent amount of TK kills as well still no mount. I'll be just as excited to get em and just as proud of em as if I had gotten them the first week in there.
    6 runs a week since like. Cata. For the Kara mount. Ain't even seen it drop, let alone lost a roll on it.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Isn't it harder to get the mount now that it isn't a guaranteed drop anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    >Out leveled it.

OS 3D both 10/25 were out leveled when Ulduar came around and zerg runs happened. 10/10 for logic from players who clearly didn't play during Wrath. Hell, I don't think there was anyone in Wrath who DIDN'T get that mount. During ICC, there were runs every week for it, and people would kill the boss in like a minute. During Wrath as level 80s.

imo tell that long term raider that he's a complete dick and clearly a noob also.

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 05:37 AM ----------

6 runs a week since like. Cata. For the Kara mount. Ain't even seen it drop, let alone lost a roll on it.
    I only believe it exists because I've seen it twice, both times in BC. Also, yea prior statement is correct too. I think almost everyone in wrath had that drake because of how quick it was to get. That dude was way off base. You couldn't out level that place, it was over geared before it was out leveled.

I would say nothing, to do otherwise screams jealousy. Its like making fun of someone with thunderfury, sure having an old achi is cool but who cares really.

Possibly the worst logic I've ever seen... if you like the mount and get it, good for you. Don't worry what others think.

10+ Year Old Account
    I certainly wouldn't pass up an opportunity to get it. And I wouldn't care what some onlooker thought of the mount I was riding.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I know a lot of people that use only rare mounts. Like they feel a special snow flake because very few people have that mount. Which is a bit silly, honestly.

A friend of mine is like this and has been using A'lar for a while now. Another day, I saw him parked at the AH, seems like he was AFK, and he was mounting A'lar. Thing is, there were 3 other people riding Alar right by his side lol. So much for specialty, I say.

In my opinion, use the mount you like the most. Doesn't really matter if it is rare or not. Someday all mounts lose their rarity anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    The less you care about what others think of you the more you'll enjoy this game, I say. No, it's not shameful. They're badass mounts and you shouldn't feel ashamed for using a mount you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.