Thread: Race for 5.2?

Race for 5.2?

Iv'e heard on the grapevine that Troll will out way Orc or will become the best Race for 5.2 is this truth or not? Just wondering with Throne being mostly beasts does the Beast Slaying passive outway anything for this tier.

"Mostly beasts."?

I count "4" beast boss fights. 3 that appear wholly beast and 2 that have a beast and a non-beast component. That's out of 12 bosses. Unless they reveal that Ra-Den is actually a thunder beaver.

I'd really question the sanity of even the most hardcore guild spending $50 to gain a marginal benefit on one wing.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Actually its 20euros or 26$ for race change and 25euros or 32$ if you are alliance i guess (not sure about $ prices)? Race change is common thing and you might be surprised how many ppl did it in the past for the slightest benefits PvE or PvP wise .You named yourself 5/12 being beasts, and 5% dmg is huge , so as far as ti goes for Horde hardcore guilds i expect many ppl to race change to trolls. Keep in mind that competitive guilds racing for first kills are rushing the raids undergeared, and they take any advantage they can for their cause. 5% extra dmg for almost half of the bosses seems mandatory for progression (dps wise).

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've already seen several guilds faction to horde and race-change to troll in preparation for 5.2. They're going after world firsts though, and generally have sponsors. If that's not true of you, I wouldn't worry about it.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

10+ Year Old Account
    unless you're member of guild like method vodka or whoever is racing for world first , it dosnt matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you go 100% beast for patch 5.2 it won't make that much of a difference.

On a side note troll warlocks are bad ass!! If only tere racial was good for PVP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nakamuraa View Post
    On a side note troll warlocks are bad ass!! If only tere racial was good for PVP!!!
    why isnt good for PvP? Ok maybe not the best, but since affli will be the most competitive spec for PvP, haste buffs synergise well with affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by pitakos View Post
    why isnt good for PvP? Ok maybe not the best, but since affli will be the most competitive spec for PvP, haste buffs synergise well with affliction.
    Getting out f that extra fear is just to much to give up in arena if your team is being hit hard and your stuck in a cc. But now that I think about it after 5.2 blood fear will be shit a d warlocks will be using the extra dps trinket talent w/e it's called and that's a trinket on a 1 min cd so now we can be w/e we want!!! Going troll!!!

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 01:37 PM ----------

Unbound will I'd what it's called cant wait!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nakamuraa View Post
    Getting out f that extra fear is just to much to give up in arena if your team is being hit hard and your stuck in a cc. But now that I think about it after 5.2 blood fear will be shit a d warlocks will be using the extra dps trinket talent w/e it's called and that's a trinket on a 1 min cd so now we can be w/e we want!!! Going troll!!!

Unbound will I'd what it's called cant wait!!!
    Dunno 20% health is to much, sometimes you have to use your pvp trinket defensive, it will feel suicidal.

Burning Rush in 5.2 will give slow immunity when its up (cannot be dropped under 100% of your movement speed) .

Blood horror will still be good in melee cleave cases, as you can still use this and cast fear afterwards (when its up, even if a melee interupts your fear cast he will get cc'd), its a horror effect thus don't dr fear too.As an idea in general Blood Horror will be good against melee (and they will be our biggest concern in 5.2).

Sure Unbound Will will be pretty good for some cases, but not mandatory imo, or so great that you will have to drop your PvP trinket for ever.
    Last edited by pitakos; 2013-02-23 at 11:34 PM.

Blood fear is going to be shit if you ask me. I really don't see many warlocks using it. Burning rush will be nice but it's 4% every second until cancelled so in 5 sec you have already lost the 20% you would lose from unbound will. Which in that time if you have to use unbound will you just teleport back to your healer and are easily topped off. We will just have to see how thi ha pan out to be certain.

Troll has ugly feet... I'll never be a Troll
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

I already went troll n love it the racial is pretty cool for faster cast and the 5% increase health regen is also nice!! I do hate being feared though without a trinket so tempted to spec into unbound will now just to get use to casting fears again lol.