Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Yeah you want to use cooldowns straight away on the pull. BBoY and PBI should generally proc when you double conflag. Sometimes PBI will take a couple of incinerates, but 9 times out of 10 it will proc on or before you fill that second ember.

For Destruction, Dark Soul gives 30% Crit which is kind of poor compared to what Affliction and Demonology gain via 30% Haste and Mastery, and so popping it early is advised primarily from the increased ember generation that extra crit provides. It's ok to have dark soul fall off and still have 2-3 seconds left of PBI where you can get off 1 last chaos bolt. Your chaos bolts gain more damage from a heroic PBI proc than they do from Dark Soul, for what its worth (not like Ascendance or Stampede which provide monstrous amounts of damage).

Later in the fight though I would wait for PBI to proc before using Dark Soul, generally this means delaying it a few seconds which is fine.

Similarly, the 4pc is basically a mini dark soul each time it procs, providing great ember generation, but also giving a nice 15% boost to Chaos Bolts damage. The way to use this is to hover around 3 embers, generally using the proc to bleed one chaos bolt + refresh immolate if appropriate.

Code:
    dausjaqjPuQBrISlPsnmi6yqyzkLEMQQAAsjxtPY2ir9nPIgNujNJeCpir7tkfoiKAHc1dvvAIkvDrkyJsf(OQQmsPu0jLIEPQImtvfUPsXoj0pvfgQQOLkfEkyQkCviHVkLQMlj0Er)vidMICykTykQhlWKv0LPAZQsFMKgnK0Pj1QvvuVwkvMTi3MGDt0VHA4cA5I65QmDjxxjBxQY3LQY4LQQZRQY6Lsj7NcnrWbblhSiCe22nYUvMGaHjHjhe6)X775ffvcHck0nsKiB1vxB7cX2De(94998ID0QRD7A1sHovazNivOtL3YxLATJG3FOvo9jJjCE69jwllcXpgJhB(Wqhdc25uxAS0MIQSwv1ZhhSiKDvnwo(f6euZ4vib5syK1QQE(OiccjSDYbHmo5CqqyLknhSyXIGEsyGqzJMA98Rrtkz00E)Q8kO0yjlcbCqreCqWguAS84GWv2CXbHjosnH7JMjmXrhEjN0mHjokyDfwGMjmXrc(DwvNMjC4LCsOPS88RnWve9C(qEk(mBlL(VBKkE4LCEkg7Pu3yvvchEjNrbOALspryJ9kpZIfbRulylnwYbbbRwYbHWSFEriCLoNflcvwRQ6zoiiTcEeo0Z2cNjGsus4c9uQ5KaI)7CNcijiTc(XbfrqWGGzpB00g7vEMfH15rsRGZycRZJUqpLAozmbPvWjmCHW1z0udpuxecwxHfIqvpDcLwWNSieMXQz)UNzpqFASKIii8ILfbdPEOOPrtDGLfbuDTkQffBHKqcBNCqyDEuY75jAMWf6bCq40s1KtXTeewPsZbfrWykULXSyryDEuqYEhJjKXjNdcNwQMCc7rVb9FgAqqyLknhe2JEd6)m0GXSyri598ueo0Z2cNj0gOKqqYEhheoTun5eAp6gF847NiiSsLMdcThDJpE89tmMa0MO3GwKXe2G(pdmMW(gOO5Egt4zJMgGbJzXIW68OaSGzBXycjVNNiOasweEXYc0TLtrektyQVWK9hu2G2DeA7qczxvJLJFHobDawsO)hVVNxuSvxecW40e3NKMjyNtDPXsBkQYAvvpFCWIGEsyGqzJMA98Rrtkz00E)Qm2OP417lHFpEFpVOOsB7AhH3SvWHkBllf3rOp9SqLITqsyQVpVKbLUNZycYLWiRvv98rreeUYg0U7jwllcFniom0Gq59xFXjCMdkIGIiP4)SJDkVdXUovgjYTk0zRoBHKVkTBhlwuClheSbLglpoiCLnxCqyIJut4(OzctC0HxYjntyIJe87SQont4Wl5Kqtz55xBGRi658H8u8z2wk9F3iv8Wl58um2tPUXQQeM4OG1vybAMWHxYzuaQwP0te2yVYZSyrOYAvvpZbHdVYb(sQlcHj7ppt4c9uQ5KaI)7CNcijmxzBPXsciqs4c9us0k4emiy2ZgnTXELNjyxz74xOtigfD0bbPvWJWHE2w4mbuIsclP3ZLfHsl4tc3YS3ZLfSEF19ticnkAGoc9ZNF00WEcRZJwsDXyc1VqNG3ZLfbVNllcFXcMTLrtFGvjSop6c9uQ5KXewNhjTcoJjSop6c9us0k4mMG0k4egUq46mAQHhQlcRZJo8kh4lPUymbPvWpoOiccgem7zJM2yVYZSieSUcleHQE6ekTGpjSopYUY2XVqNXSieMXQz)UNzpqFASKIii8ILfbdPEOOPrtDGLfbuDTkQffBHKqcBNCqyDEuY75jAMWf6bCq40s1KtXTeewPsZbfrWykULXSyryDEuqYEhJjKXjNdcNwQMCc7rVb9FgAqqyLknhe2JEd6)m0GXSyriizVJdcNwQMCcThDJpE89teewPsZbH2JUXhp((jgtaAt0BqlYycBq)NbgtyFdu0CpJj8SrtdWGXSyri598ebfqsyDEuawWSTymHK3Ztr4qpBlCMqBGsweEXYc0TLtrektyQVWK9hu2G2DeA7qczxvJLJFHobDawsWk1c2sJLCqqWQLCqim7NxecxPZzXIWv2G2DpXAzr4RbXHHgeSZPU0yPnfvzTQQNpoyrqUegzTQQNpkIGWB2k4qLTLLIBj0NEwOsXwij0)J33Zlk2Qlc6jHbcLnAQ1ZVgnPKrt79RYyJMA(DpHFpEFpVOOsB7AhHP((8sgu6EoJjm1xyY(RzawsOPS88RnWvSzawEkcHEkfbOAN4(I27cyPoOdCU01A6ecW40e3NKMjuE)1xCcN5GIBPisk(pfrYIflc9OiIwiqYIe
    Above is the weakaura for the 4pc, 5 second buff with 10 second ICD. Make sure you're tracking it along with your ember bar, as it can allow you to do stuff like casting a chaos bolt at 29 ember bits to gamble that your immolate will push you over to 30 mid cast, proccing your 4pc and giving you a greater window to utilise the crit bonus.

Took a very quick look at Fallen Protectors (raid starting in a sec). Immolate uptime was 77.7% which should be higher. Roll immolates on the bosses plus any big adds from the Desperate Measures. Noticed some FnB Immolate uptime too so I'm guessing that may be the reason. You did great on IJ so seems that that isn't an issue.

I do think Rain of Fire could possibly have been used more too.

Cooldown usage was spot on, and Havoc seems to have been used once per minute so means you were glyphing it. I'd advise against the glyph here to be honest to give more chaos bolt/shadowburn cleave.

Also would say to take AD here over KJC. Any movement is only slight shuffles which fel flame can cover. Getting an extra dark soul when they're in execute range is pretty sweet.

Can't really spend any more time looking at it, but I would advise not to shadowburn snipe the desperation adds, as they dont die and so dont refund embers.

Ill take a look at the WA, thanks <3.
    Yea, had the chance to throw in some FnB immolate during the dark-phases (a pug, so dps isn't entirely too great = lots of aoe uptime).
    Is there a "cheat sheet" for when Havoc glyph is worth it and not? Generally I find it easier to just use it as it does require kind of a global to cast it (not sure how it works, but seems to be .5 sec global), and it's not guaranteed Ill get one off every 25 seconds. Assuming that shit dies slowly (was soloing the adds on sha of pride half the time).

And yea. Realised the fucking adds do not return my embers. First time trying it as destro (was affliction last week, cos "hey, how hard can pressing soulswap once every 3 seconds be". 300K dps hard, apparantly).

AD vs KJC, I come from a hunter/disc main... The 100% movement thing is my bread and butter . I can see the uses of it for max output, though, but as you say yourself, 30% crit as destro is kind of... "meh". I'm working off the assumption that I'd fuck up my movement far more often without KJC than the benefit of another DS would give me .

Deleted
    I feel like my dps is not on par with what i should be pulling. Is there anu site that can translate logs from foregn servers into english? If so, i will provide logs(which bosses are preffered from normal SoO?) tomorrow when we start this cd.

Post them hear. I can translate dat shit.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

Trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong as I feel I'm not doing the amount of damage I should be doing for my gear.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings...6486/5/#boss=0

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%BF/advanced

As Affliction (Ignore any Destro logs, I'm pretty terrible at it, but don't usually play it)

I know there are some fights where I could do more DPS, but don't (I don't do damage to Reflections on Sha or the slimes on Malkorok)

I think I'm not doing Soul Swap correctly, I'm not sure when it's better for raid damage to just soul swap a bunch. I'm really just not sure what I should be doing.

One more question: Is it a single target DPS increase to keep soul swapping high level DoTs on a fight like Paragons? Or is it better, for killing the boss, to focus one boss using Malific Grasp/Drain Soul, and then SS right before it dies?

Quote Originally Posted by Lighto73 View Post
    Trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong as I feel I'm not doing the amount of damage I should be doing for my gear.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings...6486/5/#boss=0

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%BF/advanced

As Affliction (Ignore any Destro logs, I'm pretty terrible at it, but don't usually play it)

I know there are some fights where I could do more DPS, but don't (I don't do damage to Reflections on Sha or the slimes on Malkorok)

I think I'm not doing Soul Swap correctly, I'm not sure when it's better for raid damage to just soul swap a bunch. I'm really just not sure what I should be doing.

One more question: Is it a single target DPS increase to keep soul swapping high level DoTs on a fight like Paragons? Or is it better, for killing the boss, to focus one boss using Malific Grasp/Drain Soul, and then SS right before it dies?
    Well from looking at your logs you are getting a little lazy with cooldowns. On IJ for example you only used synapse springs twice. You had about a 5 minute fight, you could of used it at least 4 times. You decided to use your AD Dark Soul right after your first Dark Soul without any trinkets up. You need to visualize the whole fight. Keep Expanded Mind and Dark Soul linked together the entire fight. So for the 3 times expanded mind will proc in a 5 minute fight, pop synapse springs and Dark Soul together. I use springs on cooldown just say it stays in line with DS/Expanded Mind. Now for your AD dark soul, instead of popping it whenever, pop it during execute with your bboy trinket up. You didn't use a pot either which you should be using. I like to use my pot prepull and then during whichever DS/Expanded Mind combo has a Wrath proc in it.

Your haunt usage is good, your dot uptime is good just need to get those cooldowns down.

As for paragons. It is worth doing the soul swap trick BUT all filler spells you're using while the dots are inhaled should be used on your single target or you're just a jagoff.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    Well from looking at your logs you are getting a little lazy with cooldowns. On IJ for example you only used synapse springs twice. You had about a 5 minute fight, you could of used it at least 4 times. You decided to use your AD Dark Soul right after your first Dark Soul without any trinkets up. You need to visualize the whole fight. Keep Expanded Mind and Dark Soul linked together the entire fight. So for the 3 times expanded mind will proc in a 5 minute fight, pop synapse springs and Dark Soul together. I use springs on cooldown just say it stays in line with DS/Expanded Mind. Now for your AD dark soul, instead of popping it whenever, pop it during execute with your bboy trinket up. You didn't use a pot either which you should be using. I like to use my pot prepull and then during whichever DS/Expanded Mind combo has a Wrath proc in it.

Your haunt usage is good, your dot uptime is good just need to get those cooldowns down.

As for paragons. It is worth doing the soul swap trick BUT all filler spells you're using while the dots are inhaled should be used on your single target or you're just a jagoff.
    Yeah, I honestly don't know what happened on IJ if I used it twice in a row, I must have just totally space, my synapse springs are just macro'd in with my Dark Soul, which I usually save for when BBoY and Meta proc. I definitely know that I could use my Synapse Spring better (and potions >_> don't tell my raid leader).

Thank you for all the help, I'll work on those!

can someone please help me and tell me what im doing wrong on h spoils. thnx.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5v09fjhdrkhq4wsp/

i do have my 4 piece and cleave trink that im using. which puts me at a 574 ilvl.
    Last edited by jupiteran; 2014-06-20 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jupiteran View Post
    can someone please help me and tell me what im doing wrong on h spoils. thnx.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5v09fjhdrkhq4wsp/

i do have my 4 piece and cleave trink that im using. which puts me at a 574 ilvl.
    Well what stands out to me instantly is the lack of havoc and shadowburn, I mean, you used both 3 times on a 8 minute fight, which is way to little, ideally you want to always snipe shadowburns on targets that are dying, and preferably havoc a higher hp mob before that to get of shadowburns on it. You also spent ~ 5minutes of the fight without popping Dark Soul, why's that? You've got extremely low immolate uptime aswell.

You've got pretty high-ish uptime on FnB, do you actually have the target count to warrant that? Or are you trying to get it off with ~2-3 mobs?

i was using FnB on 3 or more mobs.

Deleted
    Get tidy plates and have it turn red when mob reaches 20% to alert you to shadow burn.

Can also get a mouse over shadow burn macro.

Any advice to help improve my performance. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../8/?enc=bosses the only logs I have atm. They are from a pug HSoO group.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...adiva/advanced

thanks

Help with the GF's Lock

Hi guys, I don't main a lock (i don't mess wth ranged really but you guys are cool :P) but my gf does. She's been trialing with a new guild and started Heroic SoO yesterday. She noticed her dps was lower than the other locks that were in the raid, and her raid leader said she needs to pull more dps. Now I don't have logs (yet) but I wanted to know what feedback you could give, if maybe it's gear or mostly playstle and some nuances she hasn't picked up yet. I wanted to get a brief idea before I refer her over here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ylock/advanced is her armory, if you could take a look and maybe see if there's a trinket she needs, or if her stats are okay. Thanks in advance.

Moved your post to the appropriate sticky. :-)
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2014-06-21 at 09:33 PM.

Deleted
    Stats seems fine, she should switch to 4xTier-Pieces though if they are available to her.

Deleted
    We got a sticky for this.
    If she's severely underperforming, it's most probably a matter of learning when to press which button at this level of gear. I don't see any major issues with her gear.

In terms of gemming/enchanting she is well above the haste she should be for destro (usually you don't want to be over 10.6k or so) and under the hit cap by a wide margin. She is missing the 4 pc for destro which is a setback. The professions really don't help as skinning is pretty awful compared to any of the passive bonus professions and tailoring is only leveled to 65.

Her trinkets are fine, weapon is meh but passable, and it seems like a lot of gains could be made by her itemizing properly. I can tell you though (looking at the raidbots) that itemization can't be the only issue here and she could probably get a lot over reviewing guides along with getting her logs reviewed.

Thanks for the input, much appreciated. I'll get over here and have her itemize her gear better, and post logs. Thanks again.

and i thought this was going to be about a chastity belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenax View Post
    In terms of gemming/enchanting she is well above the haste she should be for destro (usually you don't want to be over 10.6k or so) and under the hit cap by a wide margin. She is missing the 4 pc for destro which is a setback. The professions really don't help as skinning is pretty awful compared to any of the passive bonus professions and tailoring is only leveled to 65.

Her trinkets are fine, weapon is meh but passable, and it seems like a lot of gains could be made by her itemizing properly. I can tell you though (looking at the raidbots) that itemization can't be the only issue here and she could probably get a lot over reviewing guides along with getting her logs reviewed.
    There is no haste point where you don't want to go over as destro I don't know what you're talking about, skinning is perfectly fine profession choices are completely negligible when it comes to a guild with only 8/14HC this late in the tier.

Her gear is fine could be better obviously especially with weapon but that isn't a point to do white parses.

Raid leader is saying she should compete with the warlocks in her raid??? I looked up the warlocks for that guild their percentiles are literally even worse than hers due to the gear difference. One thing you should be proud of is that your girlfriend is the top lock in her guild by my eyes at the moment.

I'm looking at her logs and for protectors she definitely isn't using chaos bolt correctly or she is capping on embers way too much, or she is wasting them somehow (embertap, FnB when it isn't needed) her incinerate is her top damage, and not the FnB version either. This means she isn't using Chaos bolt correctly or she is massively undergeared, well she is undergeared but not to this extent she needs to make sure she is using chaos bolt correctly. Only with procs or to prevent capping embers, with the 4 set this becomes even easier because instead of using one at 3 and 3/4th embers you can use one at 3 and get 15% extra damage with it along with your usual immolate. She didn't use Rain of fire enough unless the bosses weren't stacked then that is fine, she never used Fire and Brimstone which is odd because when Sun empowers the adds that come out usually stay up a while especially since that guild's dps is pretty bad and doesn't have an affliction lock.

Norushen is a hard log to analyze unless they log personally, but still chaos bolt dmg WAY low on Norushen the best strat is to stay at 1-2 embers because of shadowburn opportunities. In a guild like this you should easily be able to snipe shadowburns at least occasionally despite the amount of locks, bind shadowburn to a button on your mouse to make it way easier to snipe them. She only shadowburned twice the entire fight which is a pretty low amount in a guild that probably wasn't exactly destroying their faces. But even without shadowburning again chaos bolt dmg extremely low in comparison to incinerate dmg. Rain of fire ticks are low still for most of Norushen in 25-man you can keep rain of fire up on 2+ targets for an increase, she should be slapping immolates on each one that comes out as well.