Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Greetings fellow warlocks.

I want some advice and generall fingers as to how to improve my gameplay. I raid mostly as demonology, but also as destruction on it's niche fights. I generally rank in the top 40's sometimes 20s as demonology on some fights, and others I rank somewhat really low. My aim is of course not to be in the top 10 as you need to be somewhat lucky with procs, especially so as demonology, not so much as destruction I suppose.

Anyways, here are some logs to recent fights, I'd like to recive critisiscm and guidance on all fights I'm posting that I've particepated in.

- http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3jp6zhjyk2k4hfxz/
    - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q2rcgdcsf4801d5v/
    - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/xgycrav1x1mvf2cp/
    - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b...?s=6287&e=6752

I am Enigmà and here is my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A0/advanced

In advance many thanks!

heroic qon affl warlock dps halp!

This is for heroic qon 10m.

Just downed this boss and for whatever reason, I didn't even 90% rank limit :/ ilvl is 524 atm with legendary meta + both rppm trinkets. my reforge is for t15+ askrmrrobot and im just confused why my initial burst was only about 200k ish without hero...im just a sad panda.

here's a parse:

I have a parse, but itwont let me load it :/ plz send me a msg if you feel like helping

dastrox the warlock of borean tundra. <3

Hey can someone help me take a look at what is this warlock doing wrong with his DPS?

Here are his logs
    w ww.worldoflogs.com/reports/rlkvoh5f74l2daxn/details/4/?s=106&e=404
    This is the logs when he did not have the 4pc.
    and here is his Armory
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arthas/Schont/simple

Deleted
    Can someone take a look at my warlock? I feel like my damage is not where it should be but I can't make out any serious mistakes except Immolate and Rain of Fire uptime. Will work on that. This is from our Durumu and Primordius first kill.

Log: www worldoflogs.com/reports/f8ckidqk5rpop7t8/details/25/?s=9246&e=9662
    Armory: eu battle.net/wow/en/character/eredar/grimsnak/advanced

Hi Warlocks.

I am looking for some help for a warlock in a my 10man who exclusively plays Affliction. I guess because he doesn't like the play style of the other specs. We have noticed his dps is quite low for his ilvl (525) and its kind of discouraging going into heroics.

I have really no knowledge of warlocks since Wrath, most other classes I have some idea but I am totally clueless on locks. I think some of his major issues are latency related but I think he also has some playstyle issues. A friend of mine said something regarding Soul Swap and Soul Burn being really important and I hardly see them on the WoL but I am not really sure what I am looking for.

Can anybody take a look at some recent parses for him and see if there is anything obvious to improve dps?

HEre is an example but you can check any fights on the log or any recent logs:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/ecle1...?s=2894&e=3326

Thanks for any assistance.

So I couldn't help but notice that I did a lot worse this week than I did the week before

Last week's parses
    www worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-7vu5chj9id94l3pw/
    www worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-3ax6qmpvyafwibu2/

This week's parses
    www worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ietom7vosjp9hars/

The only difference between this week and last week would be that my blue gems were 80 int 160 hit instead of 160 haste 160 hit, I didn't have haste to gloves, and my chest wasn't upgraded to 2/2. When I did a sim for destruction after regemming and getting haste to gloves, haste went from being second best by a significant margin to being dead last. I guess what I'm wondering is did I add way too much haste? Or did I just do a crappy job this week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feel like I should be doing a lot more DPS.

I've got logs from Horridon all the way to Primo. Locks name is Cylva.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...85a1/rankinfo/

Deleted
    I've been struggling with my dps for a week or so now and have tried many different reforges. I'm not sure whether my expectations are too high or what but I just feel like I should be pushing higher than I am.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4p...?s=7395&e=7730

This is a log from our ji kun kill (immolate uptime is quite low at 85% but that's not going to cause a massive loss). I haven't provided armory link as I logged out after messing with affliction. But I will say that as destro I'm reforging Mastery>=Haste>Crit and I'm using the SPA trinket and LFR wooshoolay. 522 ilvl

Really discouring when another destro friend of mine claims to be bursting 350k on his openers and I'm EXTREMELY lucky if the stars align (wooshoolay procs on pull) and I tip 200-220k.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hello everyone!! Sorry to be a huge inconvience but I'm new to mmo-champion and it won't allow me to post anything. Not to be a burden but if you feel like seeing my character close up. It's "Piedd" (undead lock Burning Blade)

I can't post any recent recount activity or logs because they are absent and I just thought of posting on this thread this morning. If not a burden, I need alittle guidance in reforging and gemming for destro please. I have 4 pc with 2 haste trinkets and with no legendary gem.

The main reason why I'm posting here today is because im baffled by what stimulationcraft is tellling me to do. It wants me to reforge completely out of haste and into crit. Previously before fooling around, I had 22% haste and the stimu/craft advised me into reforging 8% of it into crit making it 24% crit. Why is this? Correct me if im wrong but are not all the pro locks going above 20% haste? Thank you in advance

Its not letting me show any posts because im new to mmo-champion :/

10+ Year Old Account
    As a lock on a low pop server, I'm having a hard time gauging where my damage/performance should be at, mostly for want of other good locks to talk to (we have one, and he isn't terribly vocal). I recently switched to Demo and obtained UVLS, so my uptime on certain abilities still needs some work, but there are a few key issues I'm not sure how to approach.

Here is tonight's logs from our first Lei Shen 25N kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-n2o9zif4vn40ja3k/
    There are also other reports for the rest of ToT, unfortunately none in Heroic 25, which I would like any advice on as well (barring Twins where I am usually asked to draw).

I think I'm where I want to be with gemming and reforging, but I want to figure out whether or not my 4pc is helping (I can upgrade to slightly better TF pieces for head and chest), whether I'm making optimal use of meta proc, imp swarm, as well as Metamorphosis burst in general (am I using molten core at inappropriate times?).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Being under the shadow of a rank 1 parser is gonna give me a complex =P.

Deleted
    Hello,
    At first my english isn´t the best because i´m a old german guy, with only school english. I hope you can understand what i want.

so my logs links: www worldoflogs com/reports/mkk7npm33aicri6o/sum/damageDone/
    I hope u can see all what you want or u need.

My problem is: My DPS is already to low, the people do much more and i don´t know why.

I have Simulationcraft running ( but i don´t understand all of the options -.- ) and it say to my reforge to mastery. then I go to askmrobot.com and put all the stats from SimC in askmrrobot und the page reforge my Warlock. After that I have 94% mastery and 15 % haste und 14 % crit or so. Now i go ingame do the same in " real " und go to the puppet. And start making damage after 5 minutes i look at recount an i make 93 k dps and this ist lower then the haste reforged like this what i have now.

so i don´t believe SimC is allready right.

But Now my Question what can i make to do more dps with this beautiful gear i have ?

Here the Arsenal link : eu battle net/wow/de/character/proudmoore/Sentaurio/advanced

I hope u can help.

And sorry fpor my english, i tried my best !!!

Senti

Heroic Horridon attempts, 530 ilvl here and recently switched to demo due to UVLS. I compare myself with other demo locks on this fight and their damage per spell/cast is higher in almost all aspects. I realize people on the leaderboards are often higher than 530 iLvl, but I don't understand how their spells are out-damaging my spells by 40% in some instances. Any general tips or issues seen in the log would be greatly appreciated.

Typically what i'm focusing on is:
    a) cast doom 2x when UVLS procs
    b) stack 2 hands then meta before second lands
    c) keep MC procs under 10/cap
    d) hell fire when adds are grouped

Below is the link to my best attempt of the night, but there are many 13 more attempts in the same log if you change the attempt/try setting.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/ybdsn...?s=5290&e=6008

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delvaz View Post
    Heroic Horridon attempts, 530 ilvl here and recently switched to demo due to UVLS. I compare myself with other demo locks on this fight and their damage per spell/cast is higher in almost all aspects. I realize people on the leaderboards are often higher than 530 iLvl, but I don't understand how their spells are out-damaging my spells by 40% in some instances. Any general tips or issues seen in the log would be greatly appreciated.

Typically what i'm focusing on is:
    a) cast doom 2x when UVLS procs
    b) stack 2 hands then meta before second lands
    c) keep MC procs under 10/cap
    d) hell fire when adds are grouped

Below is the link to my best attempt of the night, but there are many 13 more attempts in the same log if you change the attempt/try setting.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/ybdsn...?s=5290&e=6008
    I had a lackluster week on a few bosses on my warlock this week, yet I somehow pulled out an 11 as Demonology (10H) at the time of the kill with just a 527 ilvl (H Hydra, 530 unerring/staff, H shoulders, 2p were my only heroic items at the time) (link is my parse): http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qm...?s=1457&e=1980

The big thing that I can see honestly is that in your try that you linked in your parse, I managed to do substantially more damage on adds than you did. You actually keep up COE better than I do via the aura (and it's something I'll probably do myself more often), but I did notice you casted a lot more dooms than I did. Are you guys having trouble killing adds on each door for your dooms to be lasting/ticking so much longer than mine?

I would say if you haven't already:

- Always keep up doom on Horridon whenever UVLS goes up, no matter how powerful, having those imps up for the fury regen is extremely important if you aren't already doing it.
    - Try Mannoroth's instead of KJC on that fight, I killed you on free damage via Immolation Aura and did a little more damage via shadowflame than you did.
    - I would try to minimize only casting Dooms on the big npcs per door if you aren't already, so the venom priests, wastewalkers, etc. I know it's a DPS gain if doom ticks once on a target, but on doors that are pretty deep in (so as the dinomancer is about to spawn/is up), I've felt that using the fury I would spend on a doom on a smaller add for one tick isn't worth what I would get with an Immo Aura cast instead on all the adds/Horridon.
    - Your corruption uptime is fine, just make sure that if you are spending any gcd on a spell, that it's actually getting enough of a use to warrant it. I typically ToC adds at the start of a door if it's only 1-2 little ones, and I don't start corruption spreading until each door starts to ramp up.

I honestly don't know what the right way to go about doing the fight is, but I'm just offering to you what's worked for me on that boss in my lower gear compared to the rest of our roster. We ignore Jalakk at this point since Horridon's at 20% for us by the time Jalakk spawns, so lusting and burning is smarter since we have to let the Dinomancer heal on the 4th door or we'd push too early. Your raid needs to do WAY more damage tho, your enhancement shaman shouldn't be second on that boss.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 12:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rahuran View Post
    *snip*
    Personally, if you can get TF pieces, ilvl wise, especially with Unerring, if you can get a better spread on secondaries with a higher ilvl TF item, I'd swap, though you should sim to know with certainty on those decisions before/after item swaps. I don't personally raid 25s, so I don't know how much of a difference in speed the adds melt on normal 25 vs 10, as one source of just simply doing high damage on Lei-Shen is how much you can sneak on the adds as they spawn and a bit of rng with procs. As for advice on your toon, I can't actually find your warlock for me to look at, since I took a guess and you were Walpurgis, but there's multiple alliance warlocks with that name. If you want to talk warlock, I'd be glad to assist you/talk warlock/just talk to someone in general about stuff if you want to PM me your btag, or I can do the same for you to help you out with what I know.

Granted, I'm no Sparkuggz with my knowledge, but I'd be more than willing to brainstorm with you to help you out.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 12:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsnak View Post
    Can someone take a look at my warlock? I feel like my damage is not where it should be but I can't make out any serious mistakes except Immolate and Rain of Fire uptime. Will work on that. This is from our Durumu and Primordius first kill.

Log: www worldoflogs.com/reports/f8ckidqk5rpop7t8/details/25/?s=9246&e=9662
    Armory: eu battle.net/wow/en/character/eredar/grimsnak/advanced
    I'd love to look at your parses to help out with Durumu/Primordius, but I don't actually have permission to view your logs on WOL. Is there any way you can fix that?
    Can't find your toon either.
    Last edited by Vathral2; 2013-06-18 at 04:25 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    *snip* jsut grabbed UVLS and wsa my first fight as demo. Only pulled 150k.
    What are you trying to show us and what do you want help with? What boss was that? Not really sure what just a recount of your spell breakdown will let us help you with.

Hey guys,

I've recently rerolled to warlock from DK to help the guild as we had a shortage on warlocks. I was doing bad DPS as I geared up, which got better as I was getting familiar with the class, and now I can't see any excuse/reason I have as to why my DPS is so low, I think I should be competing with the higher DPS players in my raid, but I'm just not and it's frustrating.

I'm playing Destro atm, with a goal to mainly play demo from the next few days onwards. But I just want to see if there's anything huge I'm missing from the logs. I do the usual of keeping Immo/RoF up and not letting conflag reach 2 charges, using it <3 backdrafts, and then using chaos bolt on int procs/>3.5 embers. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'll link parses from various HC/normal attempts to give you a bigger picture.

I'm unable to post links to WoL as I'm a newish member with few posts, but I'm a member of Covenant - Khadgar EU - the latest 3 logs should give an accurate representation of my current DPS.

Thanks in advance,
    Zav

Hello, i have a friend warlock and i want help to analyse his dps, this log is from atacking a dummy
    www worldoflogs.com/reports/w97u2yqs87azebd0/details/7/
    i cant post link because i didnt have not enough post but if someone can link them
    and this is his armory: us battle.net/wow/es/character/quelthalas/Odinvalhalla/advanced
    Sorry for the english, its not my native lenguage

Hey all,

I previously got fantastic advice from the community here and now I'm turning to you guys for help again. I've been playing Affliction and Destro (not Demo at the moment as I don't have UVLS yet) and it feels like I'm doing spectacularly bad DPS compared to the rest of the raid. Here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yldia/advanced

And here are some of the logs from last week:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...um/damageDone/

From reading around various forums, it seems that I made a bad choice to go full haste in reforging and gemming, so I'll probably be dropping down to 9778 haste and putting the rest in Mastery once I get home tonight. As for the logs, I completely screwed up on Durumu and died to Force of Will, so please don't look at that boss lol >_> And for Twins, I died about midway through the last phase (with Lulin at 20% and Suen at about 8%-ish) because of bad positioning for barrage.

All those horribad personal mistakes aside, I find myself trying to figure out where exactly I'm going wrong. In particular, I find myself struggling to do competitive DPS on Meg, Dark Animus, Iron Qon and Twins. Jinrokh is alright for me if I don't get focused lightning, and Horridon I guess my performance is somewhat decent, though I feel like I could really be doing better. But in general, I just find that I'm not putting out good DPS. I would love some input from the warlock community to help me pinpoint what I should be doing to maximize my DPS.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, my set on armory right now is for Destro, it's more or less the same for Aff but with Volatile Talisman swapped out for H Light of the Cosmos, which brings my haste up to 13784.

Also, I'd like to check, for Aff - should I be refreshing my dots with SB:SS every time the legendary metagem procs? Regardless of the stats that my dots snapshotted previously (I mean, obvious situations aside, like when the metagem procs along with BotH)
    Last edited by Twosteps; 2013-06-26 at 02:02 AM.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Shilane/simple
    I went for the 9211 haste break point for an extra corruption tick, not really sure if that was a good idea or not.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t...359/dashboard/
    Here is yesterday's raid.

I'm looking for tips to improve in general. I play Demonology and Destruction, although I'd like to be more full time Demonology, I am not very good at doing AoE with it. I find myself running out of fury quickly, I thought about the 4 piece bonus but I don't really see any mention of it and the icy-veins BiS list only has 2 piece on it.

I appreciate your help, thank you!

Greetings. My DPS isn't quite where I think it should be. I just moved to a new server with a heroic guild, but my gear isn't quite where they are at the moment, so I'm pretty much in the lower tier of DPS. I just picked up a tier chest piece, so currently in my armory it's not gem up (waiting on some sims to finish up).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Valefar/simple

I don't have stat weights at the moment. I would like to stay with GoSup. I noticed my burst damage isn't too great, either. Any advice is welcomed.

I need some help guys.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vros/advanced

I can't seem to break 80-85k dps single target as destro. And I see other people around 130-140k dps sustained. What am I doing wrong?

My rotation is Basically. Open with Immolate, Conflagerate, Incin x3, Chaos Bolt when conflags down, When Immolate starts dropping I spam 2 fel flames.

I'll try and record a few fights for world of logs. But Immolate has an effective up time of probably close to 95%
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"