Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Desperate for help now..

Im rading with a decently hardcore guild and we need numbers. I fail with this,
    and Im starting to fall apart on what to do... I've got one week on me now
    (till sunday) to fix it or my raidingspot is gonna be given away...

I think I've red everything I can find about Affliction. (Im doing slightly better
    as destro, but Im not allowed to go Destro because "Affliction is way better with BiS gear",
    wich I dont got yet.....)

Havent got to done the fights as much as the others either so still a bit confused
    about everything, but that isnt really an excuse.. So now its "Do better or get demoted".

Someone help me...

I can peak pretty well, but I am really struggling to keep it up! Slowly, but steady, I see
    my dps go down the further in to the fight we get... And its really frustrating!

World of logs, 16/4:
    /reports/rt-v1u2b53kv6uhzefb/analyze/dd/source/?s=12361&e=12918

Armory:
    /wow/en/character/arathor/Soulica/simple

Not really bad geared, tho missing 2/4 sets (wich the other guildies starting to get,
    giving them even more "headstart" from me..)

Been a bit confusing about the reforging but decided to get to the closest haste break
    and then go for mastery.

Im starting the fight with pre-pot, CoE, Haunt, DS:M/other buffs, SB+SS and then MG.
    Trying to reapply dots at 2-3 secs before they run out... The start seems fine, reaching
    pretty decent numbers, it's KEEPING them up thats the problem.. :S I seem to have a
    real problem getting/having Soul shards (god I miss when you had a whole bag full of them!!)..

I know also that since I have this pressure on me right now Im probably fucking up
    A LOT more then I would without the "Preform or get demoted" hanging over me...

Using Weak Auras and Tidy plates to keep track of everything..

If anyone got any clue at all to give me on how to change this down-going-dps
    I would love you forever and ever, kinda..

Edit:
    Reforged again... Reached the haste cap of ~9800 and then mastery, ~6800 now.

Using GoSup and Observer for single target fights and imp for multitargets.
    Last edited by mmoc2654ebfde1; 2013-04-17 at 08:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khrave08 View Post
    Hello everyone!

I raid in a casual group of friends 3 nights a week for 4 hours each night. We are currently 9/12 normal and our affliction warlock's damage has been what I feel think is disappointing given his 517 ilvl. Apart from his lack of enchants on his cloak and bracers, is there anything glaringly wrong with his gemming/reforging?

Armory link:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mohth/advanced

Logs from our ToT raids last week:

Horridon, Council, tortos, Megaera:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/zkmu8jb742jpxzc6/

Durumu, Primordius, Animus wipes:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/nkfi4dbcup7bvecv/

My guess is it's poor haunt/cd management, combined with subpar uptime on his dots, but I don't know.

We've suggested he go destro, but that doesn't really solve the issue, since he doesn't want to play that spec. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    This is not an issue of ilvl or even spec at this moment, it's an issue of actually understanding the spec he plays. Since the nerf to sacrifice, until you're in BiS hc gear you want to be using grimoire of supremacy. You also stack haste over mastery now. He's stuck in the past of patch 5.1.

Tell him to reforge into full haste, he can easily hit the 9778 breakpoint whilst keeping a respectable amount of mastery (I've heard 4k is a comfortable amount). Don't have time to check logs but just sorting out these two minor details should help massively.

Heya.

Due to my relatively low gear, I've had to change from Demonology to Destruction. Simcraft told me that Destruction was almost 7k above Demo, and I -have- had more success on some fights, mostly Jin'rokh due to pools not working with Wild Imps (Guardians) and Horridon (Too much target-switching for Demo). I usually go Demo for Council to multi-dot, but I stayed Destruction here because I wanted to practice. I have the basics of Destruction down, I feel, but I also think I should be doing better. I'm just not sure what it is I need to do. Here's an example log:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/iah3h...48r/dashboard/

Note that the above log was before I upgraded my shoulders, hands and cloak, so I was on 482 ilvl I believe. And here's my armory:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ethia/advanced
    Last edited by Sevyvia; 2013-04-17 at 04:22 PM.

Unhappy

Hello everyone. I can't find the true reforging or gemming about Destruction. Can you please help me about gems ? or Rotation. What i need to change ? I feel really tired

1) http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Altar/advanced

25N logs
    2) http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e/?s=146&e=368 (this was 203k last week with supremacy/different reforge+gems,this week i used sacrifice and deleted enchanting, put engineering. Synapse Springs didnt work quickly, lost time/dps)
    3) http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1949&e=2578
    4) http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8795&e=9277

In simulationcraft, with this ilvl how much dps it must show? Today i simulated and it showed 137k. But i believe that it should be higher.
    I find my stat weights in simulationcraft and put them to askmrrobot custom weights option. Then trying to optimize it.

Have some items in bag maybe you will want me to swap them.
    1) Flamecaster's Burning Crown (Thunderforged)
    2) Megaera's Shining Eye
    3) Zandalari Robes of the Final Rite
    4) Lightningweaver Gauntlets
    5) Signet of the Shado-Pan Assault

Thank you.

Hello everyone. What do you think about my current build for destro? Should I get more haste and dump some mastery? I don't really know how RPPM trinkets work either. Here's my armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...athra/advanced

At the moment, I use grimoire of supremacy for single target/cleaving fights and only switch to GoSac for fights where I swim in embers.

EDIT: Here's the WoL from last night's raid: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4856&e=5412

Farm run logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...qlwq/rankinfo/

So Im doing "ALRIGHT" DPS. But I feel like I could be doing more. I KNOW I screw up the priority from time to time, and thats something that Im working on. Practice keeps me improving.

Here's my question. I have the 2 set for the latest teir which reduced the ember need for my CBs. Should I be waiting til 3.5 embers to pop that sucker and do some dmg? Im an Orc so Im actually popping my blood fury at the same time.

Should I be timing these together, or should I be using them on CD ?

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/eredar/Havocc/simple Destro is my main spec...
    Last edited by havocc; 2013-04-23 at 09:43 PM.

@Havocc
    You should get more mastery and less crit. And you should save embers and use them with an int proc and/or DS. Every CB you throw out, if not on max embers are a fail without a proc. But where destroy really shines is when you can Havoc + 3x shadowburn. Use MF and where embers on fights you can. Also try to have as high RoF uptime as possible, because it gives you lots of embers.

Dahri,
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT! Ive been looking at all my crit figuring Im doing something wrong, so ill be adjusting it to mastery like you recommend. I do try my best to Drop the hammer on some Shadowburns with Havoc, Takes some practice to not screw that up lol.
    As far as CB without a proc, I have enough CD and proc chances that ill continue to wait for them before letting a CB fly, unless Im full, and ill throw one out.

Any further advice is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks again!

Here is a macro you can use for havoc.

/cast [@focus,exists,nohelp][@mouseover,exists,nohelp][]Havoc
    should help putting up havoc on the right target. It will havoc your focus, if you dont have one it will havoc your mouseover, and if you dont have one of those it will just havoc your taget.
    Put focus on the boss, for example on horridon. And you can easly get lots of havoc of on the boss.

Alright, I thought I'd post to see if I could get a little advice, because after reading many lock forums, talking to some of the best locks I know, etc. I'm running out of options.

I'm an orc destro lock with a 520 ilvl, 2 piece tier 15, and legendary meta. My guild is still on normal modes, which is fine. However, we're going to be starting heroics shortly and I want to improve my dps a bit, but am unsure how. I am getting beat by our mage, rogue, and pally on some fights and feel like I shouldn't be. :P

At first, I started gemming and reforging for crit>haste>mastery, which worked alright for a while, and I'm using sup over GoSac. I use observer usually on 0 movement fights and imp all the other times. I eventually took away some of my haste though because our hunter provided a haste buff in raid which put me way over breakpoint. We recently lost that buff and so now I reforged to Mastery>haste>crit. I'm not doing terrible damage, but I feel that a lock with my ilvl should be doing MUCH more damage. My rotation follows this guide pretty much to a T.

prepot/precast Immolate
    rain of fire
    conflag x2
    incinerate x4
    cb
    immolate
    rinse/repeat and obviously sb sub 20% and cleave when able.

As for my logs, I can't post links until I've posted a few times and this is my first time posting. But I do have them. If you go to worldoflogs>Realms>US>Malorne>Tribes of Darkness (Team Reyn) you can find our most recent logs. Sorry for the runaround on this. :<

If anyone can give me some insight on what's going on and any way that I can improve, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Id like an evaluation. I just found out that my guild is intermittantly using WoL, so i have a few semi-recent reports. Thing is, ive been using recount, and i havent really been happy with my numbers on recount. The WoL numbers actually look better then recounts for me, but i still am not too sure if im doing well or not. I feel like my dps could be better, just dont have much in the way of data of what to compare it to since im the only raiding lock in my guild.
    My dps on
    Megara 10N
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/g.../?s=733&e=1218

Some more on our recent raids. Missing this weeks data, ive had an upgrade or two since the above. Input greatly appriciated.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/1255/reports/

Hello all, first time user for this thread.

So my DPS is fairly decent for my gear level I believe, however I have read many confusing things regarding Destro stat weights which I wanted to clear up.
    Armory Link:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/Ahrja/simple
    How do my stats look? Should I be reforging/gemming more into mastery at this gear level?

Anything helps, thank you!
    "You will bend to my will... with or without your precious sanity!

Here's my armory: Valefar

Granted, I just got UVLS and Cha this week, so I haven't had enough time to really test things out. With the 2 RPPM trinkets, what's the magic number for haste should I be pleased with? I noticed right off the bat I'm not getting as many UVLS procs as I thought I'd get. I plugged my setup into Mr. Robot with my own stat weights for gem suggestions and I see it has me bypassing a lot of +80/+160 secondary gems for solid ones. Is that accurate? The stat weight for my intel is over 4.5, which haste is 2.37.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last night I've been raiding with my warlock alt and I think I had a poor performance, I don't play a lot with this toon but I'm looking to improve my performance.

Also I've been playing affliction and switched to demo a few days ago so I'm still getting used to demonic fury management and I tend to forgot to use dark soul (I know, big dps loss here), also last night i got breath of the Hydra (LFR) like 30 mins before the raid so I didn't get much used to its proc.

Char: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Zerflin/advanced
    Log: worldoflogs.com/reports/6886vlffidbbfrqi/details/2/ (last try as affl and I think i did better)

I have 2p t15 (head and pants) simmed myself and it gives me like 2k dps more but i feel that dark soul on 80 sec might be better. Also as it is an alt I wont be getting the legendary meta gem for a few weeks (still on 6k valor quest)

Thanks in advance

Durumu fight comparing myself to a lock with similar ilv and fight length, this was with Heroic 1/2 LotC
    raidbots.c0m/comparebot/5183ace274254ec7350006bc

Twins fight comparing myself to a lock with similar ilv and fight length, this was with my new TF BotH
    raidbots.c0m/comparebot/51842f5874254e573c00037a

Honestly really need help here, I am getting absolutely destoryed and cannot see my fail, any tips/help is greatly appreciated thanks.

Hey there,

I'm trying to figure out why my dps seems to be lacking lately. When I was around 505 ilevel it was jumping up from last tier when i switched to Destro from Aff. But now at ilevel 519, i seem to be falling behind everyone else in my raid grp, and I cant seem to figure out why. im using a haste == mastery reforge with 1.75 weight on haste, and 1.74 weight on mastery using GoSup. My opener consist of :

Prepot/blood fury/dark soul macro
    immolate
    cote
    conflag x2
    incinerate x 4
    CBx2
    then into the normal rotation.

I have a recent set of logs and my armory is up to date, but MMO-champ wont let me post it yet, so if anyone has sometime to PM me i can send the links for logs. Shaftnberry at deathwing on armory.

Thanks in advance for any advice/ trying to spot whats holding me back.
    trying to keep my spot for HMs, and with the numbers im putting out right now, i wont make it too much farther.

Hello all,

So I finally switched over to a full affliction build/reforge this week after running a Destro/Aff hybrid previously. Did 7/12 tonight and did fairly decent on most fights, just not very happy with my Durumu numbers. Seems like my single target on non-gimmick fights is quite low and not exactly sure why. Not sure how 95th percentile locks on raidbots are pushing 170k while I'm pushing 127 and sitting under 70th percentile. Any advice or tips on my rotation or the fight itself that I might be doing wrong would be awesome.

Parse from Durumu:
    worldoflogs.com/reports/ecmomcvq62c81lc0/dashboard/?s=11550&e=11908

Armory:
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Mitchlock/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftnberry View Post
    Hey there,

I'm trying to figure out why my dps seems to be lacking lately. When I was around 505 ilevel it was jumping up from last tier when i switched to Destro from Aff. But now at ilevel 519, i seem to be falling behind everyone else in my raid grp, and I cant seem to figure out why. im using a haste == mastery reforge with 1.75 weight on haste, and 1.74 weight on mastery using GoSup. My opener consist of :

Prepot/blood fury/dark soul macro
    immolate
    cote
    conflag x2
    incinerate x 4
    CBx2
    then into the normal rotation.
    Hey there. I think I've identified your problem.

If that is your opener, and you use no more additional spells then that, I'm fairly sure that ember regeneration is your main issue. Since you're haste stacked, your mana regen should be so high that you're able to keep a 100% uptime on Rain of Fire. That'll heavily impact your ember regeneration, and should in turn impact your dps as well. In 5.0-5.1, gosup used to do more damage with incinerates than chaos bolts, but that has turned around now. Just try to focus on maximising your ember regeneration, and chaos bolting during procs and DS. Also, try to cast a second Immolate between some of the Incinerates, just so that you can get the buffs onto that as well (preferrably after the Pandemic mark).

In a multi-target scenario with adds that live long, using Havoc on an off-target and casting Immolate then 2 Fel Flames will yield the highest ember return per execute time. Of course, this depends a little on your effective crit chance, but should long term give more embers than using 2 conflags and incinerates. This is especially true for fights like Megaera, where the damage only counts on one head - you still want to keep immolate on both, just for the sake of embers.

Quote Originally Posted by antegravity View Post
    Durumu fight comparing myself to a lock with similar ilv and fight length, this was with Heroic 1/2 LotC
    raidbots.c0m/comparebot/5183ace274254ec7350006bc

Twins fight comparing myself to a lock with similar ilv and fight length, this was with my new TF BotH
    raidbots.c0m/comparebot/51842f5874254e573c00037a

Honestly really need help here, I am getting absolutely destoryed and cannot see my fail, any tips/help is greatly appreciated thanks.
    Hey.

Taking a look at the comparison sheet you posted, there main issue I can see there is that he has a 17% higher uptime on Immolate than you. That results in him having a bit more fluid ember return than you, meaning you'll at times find yourself lacking embers (the times when you forget to refresh immolate), while he has a constant flow of embers, enabling him to cast chaos bolt at the right times (when he has procs and buffs), whereas you'll be stuck watching your procs fly away without making the best use of them.

Furthermore, he is Grimoire of Sacrifice specced whereas you're Supremacy. His spec rewards good use of Shadowburns more than yours does, as embers will make up the most of his damage (which you can see on the comparison, his Cbolts are hitting for 25% more than yours at the very least). And in the Durumu fight, there are 3 adds present of which I can almost guarantee you that he's going to be sitting ready with his finger on his shadowburn buttom on all 3 of them, which will be a massive dps increase for him, not so much for you.

Taking a look at the logs on WoL, I can see by the damage distribution that you're casting too few Chaos Bolts. Having Incinerates at the top of the damage done is a thing of the past, when we didn't have enough haste to justify the necessary Rain of Fire uptime to give more chaos bolts. Being haste stacked now will give you access to way more embers than you can spend, and as a result you'll have a lot more chaos bolts at the ready. Take a look at this log from a friend of mine - he's just a few itemlevels above you, but he's also supremacy with haste, yet he is casting an absolutely mental amount of chaos bolts. That's because he's handling the procs and ember return flawlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatTM View Post
    Here's my armory: Valefar

Granted, I just got UVLS and Cha this week, so I haven't had enough time to really test things out. With the 2 RPPM trinkets, what's the magic number for haste should I be pleased with? I noticed right off the bat I'm not getting as many UVLS procs as I thought I'd get. I plugged my setup into Mr. Robot with my own stat weights for gem suggestions and I see it has me bypassing a lot of +80/+160 secondary gems for solid ones. Is that accurate? The stat weight for my intel is over 4.5, which haste is 2.37.
    Hey Valefar.

UVLS and Cha are quite good trinkets for Demo, but the inconsistent nature of UVLS means you may have to use the Glyph of Everlasting Affliction to offset the inconsistent procs with a longer base duration on Doom. Also, I see you're above the 8097 haste marker. There really aren't any significant haste breakpoints for you to aim for now, and because of the nature of almost all fights in ToT, you're going to be getting a lot of wild imps. That means Mastery will increase in value per UVLS buffed doom you have, because they'll be spawning more imps for you. On Tortos for example, you'll be better off placing UVLS buffed dooms on both tortos and some turtles you know are left untouched for a while, just for the sake of them spawning imps. If you're on heroic mode as well, you can do that on the crystals too to spawn more imps when you have an UVLS proc.

I would change your haste from whatever you have now, to as close to (but not below!) 8097 as possible, and then put the rest into mastery to increase both Imp and Metamorphosis damage (more imps = more fury = more time spent in meta = a higher value for mastery). Just remember that even though simcraft says that haste is beating mastery, that's for single target. Every UVLS-buffed doom you have is a significant jump in value for mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    Id like an evaluation. I just found out that my guild is intermittantly using WoL, so i have a few semi-recent reports. Thing is, ive been using recount, and i havent really been happy with my numbers on recount. The WoL numbers actually look better then recounts for me, but i still am not too sure if im doing well or not. I feel like my dps could be better, just dont have much in the way of data of what to compare it to since im the only raiding lock in my guild.
    My dps on
    Megara 10N
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/g.../?s=733&e=1218

Some more on our recent raids. Missing this weeks data, ive had an upgrade or two since the above. Input greatly appriciated.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/1255/reports/
    Hey Shodan.

One of the responses I made earlier in this very response touches the same thing you seem to be struggling with, namely ember return. Check out that response, I think you'll find it applies to you too.
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2013-05-06 at 02:03 PM.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

"Hey there. I think I've identified your problem.

If that is your opener, and you use no more additional spells then that, I'm fairly sure that ember regeneration is your main issue. Since you're haste stacked, your mana regen should be so high that you're able to keep a 100% uptime on Rain of Fire. That'll heavily impact your ember regeneration, and should in turn impact your dps as well. In 5.0-5.1, gosup used to do more damage with incinerates than chaos bolts, but that has turned around now. Just try to focus on maximising your ember regeneration, and chaos bolting during procs and DS. Also, try to cast a second Immolate between some of the Incinerates, just so that you can get the buffs onto that as well (preferrably after the Pandemic mark).

In a multi-target scenario with adds that live long, using Havoc on an off-target and casting Immolate then 2 Fel Flames will yield the highest ember return per execute time. Of course, this depends a little on your effective crit chance, but should long term give more embers than using 2 conflags and incinerates. This is especially true for fights like Megaera, where the damage only counts on one head - you still want to keep immolate on both, just for the sake of embers."
    ok, so i understand what you're saying, but i honestly dont feel ember starved at all, except for a few fights in ToT. I try to keep RoF up on some fights, but on ones where im sitting single target, i usually focus on getting of CBs off during procs and using backdraft charges.

wish i could link you to the logs in this post, but apparently not yet. id like to see if what you're saying is revealed in the logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftnberry View Post
    ok, so i understand what you're saying, but i honestly dont feel ember starved at all, except for a few fights in ToT. I try to keep RoF up on some fights, but on ones where im sitting single target, i usually focus on getting of CBs off during procs and using backdraft charges.

wish i could link you to the logs in this post, but apparently not yet. id like to see if what you're saying is revealed in the logs.
    Ok, then send me the logs in PM and I'll have a look at it tonight for you. Or, just let me know region|server|guild|charname and i'll look it up myself.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud