Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    oops, wrong thread
    Last edited by mmoce29d9f12d5; 2014-04-22 at 08:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying to figure out how I can up my damage some more on normals. The more gear the raid gets as a whole the hard it seems for me to keep up with the group. If we go to heroics then there are more adds and I feel like I do quite a bit better. While I was partially adjusting to the Naga 2014 mouse last night, I feel like I should be doing more damage.

Here is a link to the top of 9 normal boss kills from last night. Does anyone see anything glaringly obvious?

567 destro. I dabble in affliction and demo, but I really enjoy destro. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...olution/simple

WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...um/damageDone/

And the Warcraft logs from the same night:
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/YnkfBPAW8RKzbrLD
    The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi there

A new warlock recently joined my guild, and he is having some trouble doing decent dps/burst as Affliction spec, even though he says he is good at it.
    Logs:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-gelk0u9aqbrd5mto/

I'd like someone to check out Dark Shamans tries.
    My warlock's name is Wwjdlink:Armory
    Warlock that is underperforming is Donkerz:Armory

By my understanding, he should outdps me every time because he got PBI normal(compared to my flex Toxic Totem), which allows him to reach 13,7k haste bp and still have half-decent mastery.
    He started doing worse and worse burst every pull after ~5th try.

If someone could point out what he did wrong or what he could improve on, it would be appreciated.

from his armory he's gemming for haste which he really shouldnt be unless he's extremely close to the 13.7k with gear/reforges. just by glancing at the logs real quick your putting alot more incinerates than he is. ditto for fallen prot you used haunt alot more than him. thats a fight you can afford to be a bit more liberal with using soul shards.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    @chadd

Use Dark Soul together with other procs
    example

Build up embers if there are no buffs
    example

Increase Immolate uptime to >95%

Have fun with your naga

I'm feeling like my DPS on mostly single target fights ( Like malkorok and Juggernaut ) should be higher than what I'm currently pulling. While it ( usually ) isn't bad compared to the other locks in my raid, it does seem pretty bad ( in my terms ) against some of the other classes in my raid.

Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is RNG dicking on me?

Here is a log of about 2 weeks ago, when we actually cleared up the place for as far as we could that night ( I think it had to do with us not being able to extend the lock ). You can find more logs of me in my guild thingy on WoL.

There's an armory link in my signature
    Last edited by mitbrandir; 2014-05-04 at 01:55 AM.

Hi all, hope to get some tips.

This is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Violea/simple

My main spec is destro. According to simcraft, I should have no problem hitting over 200k dps on heavy movement fights. But currently, I can barely hit 180k in 10N SoO.

I would love some tips to see where I am going wrong. This log was from last Friday where we down 10N Garrosh for the first time with me being the last dps.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s...?s=8906&e=9423

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    I'm feeling like my DPS on mostly single target fights ( Like malkorok and Juggernaut ) should be higher than what I'm currently pulling. While it ( usually ) isn't bad compared to the other locks in my raid, it does seem pretty bad ( in my terms ) against some of the other classes in my raid.

Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is RNG dicking on me?

Here is a log of about 2 weeks ago, when we actually cleared up the place for as far as we could that night ( I think it had to do with us not being able to extend the lock ). You can find more logs of me in my guild thingy on WoL.

There's an armory link in my signature
    Well I highly suggest using a flask and pots. You will see your dps go up wearing a flask, pre potting, and 2nd potting. You should use GoSac instead of GoSup. On Malkorok you never used Havoc once. You should almost be able to use Havoc nearly every time off C/D on the adds.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/amqclx.jpg

In this picture you can see where you used DS in respect to your cooldowns. Try to keep Expanded Mind and Dark Soul linked to each other. You used your AD DS with Toxic Power which misaligned your Expanded Mind and Dark Soul the rest of the fight. In regards to Destro I tend to pop AD during execute along with a proc. At 22:57 you would have an amazing opportunity to 2nd pot and DS because you had two trinkets proc at the same time and during execute. Just be aware of that. If you time your DS well and flask and pre/2nd pot you will see your single target go up a ton.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BaronL42 View Post
    Hi all, hope to get some tips.

This is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Violea/simple

My main spec is destro. According to simcraft, I should have no problem hitting over 200k dps on heavy movement fights. But currently, I can barely hit 180k in 10N SoO.

I would love some tips to see where I am going wrong. This log was from last Friday where we down 10N Garrosh for the first time with me being the last dps.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s...?s=8906&e=9423

Cheers!
    You used havoc a whole bunch which is great. Improve your Immolate uptime. Try to keep a 4 piece buffed Immolate on the boss at all times. Keep your Expanded Mind and Dark Soul linked together. Your Dark Soul usage is very random and you even used it without any buffs up. If you use Dark Soul every time Expanded Mind procs you will be in a lot better shape.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    Well I highly suggest using a flask and pots. You will see your dps go up wearing a flask, pre potting, and 2nd potting. You should use GoSac instead of GoSup. On Malkorok you never used Havoc once. You should almost be able to use Havoc nearly every time off C/D on the adds.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/amqclx.jpg

In this picture you can see where you used DS in respect to your cooldowns. Try to keep Expanded Mind and Dark Soul linked to each other. You used your AD DS with Toxic Power which misaligned your Expanded Mind and Dark Soul the rest of the fight. In regards to Destro I tend to pop AD during execute along with a proc. At 22:57 you would have an amazing opportunity to 2nd pot and DS because you had two trinkets proc at the same time and during execute. Just be aware of that. If you time your DS well and flask and pre/2nd pot you will see your single target go up a ton.
    So basicly try and line up procs more properly? I'm 100% certain i had my flask up on every pull as my RL checks those things with addons etc. There were apparently some fights I didn't use a 2nd pot. I think that WoL doesn't show that you got 2 pots up if you prepot, but you can still see it when the someone had it up for nearly 50 seconds.

About the havoc, people in my guild always QQ about cheesing when i do such things

Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    So basicly try and line up procs more properly? I'm 100% certain i had my flask up on every pull as my RL checks those things with addons etc. There were apparently some fights I didn't use a 2nd pot. I think that WoL doesn't show that you got 2 pots up if you prepot, but you can still see it when the someone had it up for nearly 50 seconds.

About the havoc, people in my guild always QQ about cheesing when i do such things
    WoL will show prepot if a 2nd pot is used. Yea just line up DS and procs properly. I wouldn't call killing Malkorok adds cheesing at all. Those things can slow players if they aren't properly taunted. Those slow players in turn have a harder time moving out of breath...so on and so forth.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post

You used havoc a whole bunch which is great. Improve your Immolate uptime. Try to keep a 4 piece buffed Immolate on the boss at all times. Keep your Expanded Mind and Dark Soul linked together. Your Dark Soul usage is very random and you even used it without any buffs up. If you use Dark Soul every time Expanded Mind procs you will be in a lot better shape.
    Yeah I tend to use Dark souls once it's cooldown is up and I got 35 embers. Ok will try it out. Should I refresh immolate on Expanded Mind as well? Thx for the advice!
    Last edited by BaronL42; 2014-05-07 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BaronL42 View Post
    Yeah I tend to use Dark souls once it's cooldown is up and I got 35 embers. Ok will try it out. Should I refresh immolate on Expanded Mind as well? Thx for the advice!
    Fight specific, but I would advise not using F&B on Mind Controlled players in phase 2. F&B is very inefficient with a low number of targets like 3 (boss and two MC) and IMO the Embers your spending on it is not worth it for 10 man. Use them for CB's instead. Additionally, unless you are needing to kill weapons faster, use havoc for 4p immolates and conflag/incin on weapons instead of CB, more embers for the boss. You also did not look to use F&B at all on the adds in phase 1. You may be asked to focus boss and not "pad", but you should still F&B Immo/conflag to fill your emebers.

Refreshing Immolate with 4p or int procs like Expanded mind is good. Not only is it one of your highest damage per execute spells, but the int proc snapshots a higher crit rate which in turn generates more ember bits.
    Last edited by Soulzar; 2014-05-07 at 01:39 PM.

Got some pointers for me?

Hello! I just recently started raiding (Late ToT) which resulted in only 3 heroic kills, but now, some time in to SoO my guild have gotten to Siege HC. I feel I could be doing more, but I just dont know where to start. Thats why im asking the good people here for pointers

I mainly play destruction, but switch to Affli on certain fights, like Protectors and Dark Shamans. Working on improving the One-button victory, which is Soul swap on cooldown.

Armory Link : eu battle net /wow /en /character /twisting-nether /Moxxie/advanced

And a few logs :
    www worldoflogs com/reports/mmwa4jvhslz4hhe7/
    www worldoflogs com/reports/xapbzbayyujyozem/

Just remove the spaces and put in "." after www and whatnot.

And a huge thanks to everyone that helps me out!

Moved your post to the stickied appropriate thread. :-) Welcome to our forums.
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2014-05-10 at 04:53 PM.

Deleted
    Hey everyone. my question is rather simple.

My armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...garth/advanced

As you can see, with that gear set, i cannot achieve 13737 haste cap as affli without gemming for it. My qestuin is, ill loose around 2k mastery doing so (got tier hc head). Should I go for it or stay like this and keep the extra mastery. Better yet, should I stick to destro until I get more haste onto my gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Torgarth View Post
    Hey everyone. my question is rather simple.

My armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...garth/advanced

As you can see, with that gear set, i cannot achieve 13737 haste cap as affli without gemming for it. My qestuin is, ill loose around 2k mastery doing so (got tier hc head). Should I go for it or stay like this and keep the extra mastery. Better yet, should I stick to destro until I get more haste onto my gear?
    Stick to just gemming and reforging into mastery til you can get a little closer. I wouldn't even think about going for that haste point til you have the Purified trinket.

I would suggest with your current gear that you remain destro (hit crit belt/crit mastery legs)

If you want to make the switch to Aff then I'd wait till you have a better version of BBoY.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moxxie View Post
    Hello! I just recently started raiding (Late ToT) which resulted in only 3 heroic kills, but now, some time in to SoO my guild have gotten to Siege HC. I feel I could be doing more, but I just dont know where to start. Thats why im asking the good people here for pointers

I mainly play destruction, but switch to Affli on certain fights, like Protectors and Dark Shamans. Working on improving the One-button victory, which is Soul swap on cooldown.

Armory Link : eu battle net /wow /en /character /twisting-nether /Moxxie/advanced

And a few logs :
    www worldoflogs com/reports/mmwa4jvhslz4hhe7/
    www worldoflogs com/reports/xapbzbayyujyozem/

Just remove the spaces and put in "." after www and whatnot.

And a huge thanks to everyone that helps me out!

Moved your post to the stickied appropriate thread. :-) Welcome to our forums.
    I looked at your Sha of Pride parse from 4/30. Your cool down timing was excellent. Couple things you could improve on is Immolate uptime on Sha and Havocing. You only used 3 Havocs the whole fight. You could at least triple the usage on Havoc. You only used Shadowburn once which is very concering. Don't forget to use it on the big add in that fight, on Sha during execute, and the little adds that spawn. I like to pocket FnB Conflags for the Reflections that spawn. You RoF'd and FnB Immo'd them. Personally I'd RoF, x2 FnB Conflag, havoc boss, and sburn snipe them. That should help your damage on that fight. If you want Aff help just private message me and I can break down Soul Swaping.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks! Never played with the pins before. Thanks for showing that feature to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nianif View Post
    @chadd
    The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.

Deleted
    I'm lost and it's really starting to piss me off. I'm pretty sure my opener is wrong/screwed up and is costing me a LOT of dps over the course of a fight. Am also pretty sure that i'm not lining up procs efficiently/poor usage of 2nd potion and Dark Soul.

If anyone has time - http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...dnfTrB#fight=1 - logs from last night, died horribly on Spoils and Klaxxi.

I'm in a 14/14H clearing guild and my gear is 571 whereas everyone else sits at 579+ so there is a gear disparity to begin with, could really use some help or reassurance the gear gap is significant.

Thanks in advance!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Ormie/advanced <- Armoury
    Last edited by mmocfff5d2f529; 2014-05-16 at 04:45 AM.

Deleted

frustrated

sigh i dont know what to do, my dps feels low. i got the gear still am not sure what to do to get better.

logs : http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/64582/calendar/03-14/

armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...indra/advanced

i know most hate these kind of threads but i dont know what to do.

i love to do my best both in gearing /performance but it just feels like shit. only reasone i can think of it that maby our kills are to long or that my rotation fails at some point?

ps. mostly speaking of destruction.

Moved your post to the appropriate sticky. Please check those next time, before making a post!
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2014-05-17 at 07:27 PM.

need help with my poor dps

i'm a 566 destro lock, and i really think my dps sucks for my ilvl, any help or tips would be greatly appreciated following is last wol from soo and my armory link

think i have a average between 150k to 250k depending on fight

tried to post wol and armory but says i have to post few times first so can pm for those

- - - Updated - - -

how many times do i have to post to be able to post links

- - - Updated - - -

not sure if anyone can pm but if u can then i can link u the stuff to check me and my logs out