Poll: Poll

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I agree in that it varies.
    For instance: On my main's server (Horde) we've got really good players, but the community isn't that great.
    On my alt's server (Alliance) the community is really good, but player skill is pretty much behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither.

It's all a product of bias, usually confirmation bias. Something convinces you that Alliance or Horde is all bad players and you start to seek evidence to confirm that bias.

When in reality, there is no inherent reason why either faction should be more skilled than the other. There is no skill test that must be accomplished before picking horde that you can skip to play alliance (or vice versa) so why would the skill be unbalanced for a reason other than random distribution?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled 5 characters to 80 on Horde side by spamming dungeons. I leveled one character to 80 on Alliance. The best group I had on Alliance side, was worse than the average Horde group I had. The worst Horde group, was better than the average Alliance group. Most Alliance groups were HORRIBLE. Most Horde groups were pleasant.

I have noticed the same thing with pugs at max level too. Horde just appears to have more mature players.

Pre-BC Horde. Since then its been the same on both sides for me.

I've played both factions equally and here is my experience:

Horde:
    -Teens, Some douchy some nice
    -Kids, The same kids you find on xbox live, obnoxious and stupid
    -Adults, Usually early 20's with the occasional parent in the 30's. Respectful

Alliance:
    -Teens, Same as horde but more nice than douchy
    -Kids, surprisingly the kids on alliance are well behaved. usually because they have parents playing the game and they are kept in check
    -Adults, Mid-Late 20's respectful

They both have their trade chat trolls but i find more of that stuff in horde /2 than in alliance /2
    Bane

I've played both. Both factions have the same potential for idiocy.

I voted Horde though, as it was with Horde players where I have had most of my best WoW experiences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends from server. For example on Burning Legion (Server where i play) idiots are in both, but i think horde gots more of them, just because there is more horde than alliance on my realm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    http://www.wowprogress.com/

Well honestly I think its a fact that the horde have better players as seen above. I also think the community is a lot stronger horde side.
    It all depends on what the standard is for being better. Som ewould consider PVP to be most important, others community and again others may find raid progression more important, hell there could even be people that think the amount of players decides which is the best faction.

From personal experience I'd choose Alliance since I have had bad experience with Horde when i started out. Experience was so bad that I even deleted those toons and rerolled on Alliance at that time. This does not mean that either faction is 'better', that's just my experience and lots of other may have different experiences.
    The absence of a neither or equeal option in the poll makes this question irrelevant or even useless really.

P.S. Did not choose

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Depends from server. For example on Burning Legion (Server where i play) idiots are in both, but i think horde gots more of them, just because there is more horde than alliance on my realm
    Pretty much this. I play on several servers and both factions, communities in general depend on the server and some are sooooo much better than others.

Deleted
    I have played both factions and my personal anecdotical experience is that alliance is nicer.

I have played on: US - Alleria (alliance), US ravencrest (alliance), US quel'thalas (Alliance), US ragnaros (horde), US Illidan (horde) and EU dun modr (alliance) and maybe the horde on both us- ragnaros and us-illidan is horrible, but man, those people sucked.

Deleted
    Cant speak for the entire game, but I've never managed to get an alliance character above level 40 due to not being able to stand the immature annoying "community" that dominates that faction.

Then again horde has its fair share of muppets to

Horde, especially on Stormscale EU. HAH!

Seriously though, no difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I have played both for a long time. I feel like the Horde usually have the better players skillwise but alliance have the a more friendly community.
    On the servers I've played on throughout the years I've had a similar experience. But I'm sure it's the other way around on some other servers.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

I honestly think that the only reason this poll is schewed towards horde is that there are just that many more people who play horde for the obvious op racials etc.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    http://www.wowprogress.com/

Well honestly I think its a fact that the horde have better players as seen above. I also think the community is a lot stronger horde side.
    sorry but thats just plain fail logic. better player doesn't mean better community. and they race/faction/realm transfer from time to time. its just depend on the racials they got.. and better players means most of the time more elitest jerks. i'm sorry but eletest jerks are not what i call a better community...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    I honestly think that the only reason this poll is schewed towards horde is that there are just that many more people who play horde for the obvious op racials etc.
    That and the fact there's more Horde posters on this forum as the innumerable "which faction do you play?" threads would indicate.
    But yes the "better" part is down to racials. There is nothing inherent about either faction that would attract a better player just judging by aesthetics.

Deleted
    My missus can only use one hand when shes playing as a result she sometimes messes up with standing in shit or has a hard time switching targets on the fly hurtin her dps. When we were alliance she couldnt go into heroics on her own because 1 mistake and she would be ripped a new one and get vote kicked before she could respond.

I switched to horde when half my guild switched and conned her into switching too. On horde side she doesnt have these problems, well ok she will get the odd douchebag but she has yet to be kicked from a group. Nothing changed shes still playing a hunter although her gear is much better now that she can actually complete heroics and lfr.

Granted horde have a higher pop for one reason or another but for some reason the ratio of douchebag to normal well adjusted human is vastly different to alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post
    My missus can only use one hand when shes playing as a result she sometimes messes up with standing in shit or has a hard time switching targets on the fly hurtin her dps. When we were alliance she couldnt go into heroics on her own because 1 mistake and she would be ripped a new one and get vote kicked before she could respond.

I switched to horde when half my guild switched and conned her into switching too. On horde side she doesnt have these problems, well ok she will get the odd douchebag but she has yet to be kicked from a group. Nothing changed shes still playing a hunter although her gear is much better now that she can actually complete heroics and lfr.

Granted horde have a higher pop for one reason or another but for some reason the ratio of douchebag to normal well adjusted human is vastly different to alliance.
    Take the fact that your wife has a dissability out of the equation as most players who do not know you will not know this.

The fact that you lable them "dueche bags" for initiating a vote kick due to percieved poor game play is kind of bad in itself.

Again. This is only if they are unaware of her dissability. If they know it exists and accept playing with her then vote her out once she screws up then yes they are correctly labled.

I suggest a razer nostromo. As a hunter she should be able to set up enough keybinds to play successfully while using he encorporaed joystick for movement.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    *Shrugs* ok then i wont call them douchebags just impatient people who vote kick before anyone can say anything in their own defence. And she stopped announcing her disability at the start of the run after 3 groups in a row kicked her right at the start.

My point remains the same on alliance she had nothing but grief. On horde she can go days without a single comment.

Depends on the server.
    And i'm still mortified every time i see a [portuguise], after their name, knowing they will pop all CDs on trash and then link it, every time they top the meter on the trash, just to do no damage on bosses >.<
    Playing horde myself, so might be they're better on alliance <.<
    In old days it might have been horde, due to there not being so much of a pretty-class on hordeside, but that changed with belfs.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away