Poll: Poll

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post
    *Shrugs* ok then i wont call them douchebags just impatient people who vote kick before anyone can say anything in their own defence. And she stopped announcing her disability at the start of the run after 3 groups in a row kicked her right at the start.

My point remains the same on alliance she had nothing but grief. On horde she can go days without a single comment.
    Disclaimer. This is not meant to be offensive in an uncaring way. Only meant at humor while bashing horde....

Well. Horde should be more accustomed to physical mutations.

Again meant as a complimentary jibe at horde. No offense meant to your wife and her limitations.

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 09:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Depends on the server.
    And i'm still mortified every time i see a [portuguise], after their name, knowing they will pop all CDs on trash and then link it, every time they top the meter on the trash, just to do no damage on bosses >.<
    Playing horde myself, so might be they're better on alliance <.<
    In old days it might have been horde, due to there not being so much of a pretty-class on hordeside, but that changed with belfs.

portugese person "hi I am from portugal"

other players madly voting or bailing whatever is more readily available.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I've played both factions and I've seen tools and great people on both factions. Since "Both" or "Neither" aren't options I won't be voting.

both and neither, its all people and its all shifting.

Thinking of it in terms of race and faction is the wrong framework to view this through. Like in India where economic systems and bills are passed based on a PoV from a Caste system. THose of lower caste getting benefits to help them (like educational benefits). But this is the wrong PoV because it doesnt reflect the reality, there are rich and poor people of lower castes and rich and poor people of higher castes. So the rich from lower castes get benefits they dont need and get fatter and those poor in higher castes are screwed even more. Social benefits have to be aligned with the economic position of the people, not with arbitrary communal hierachies of a bygone era.

And as such, its not the arbitrary pixels which we chose ingame, but rather the servers, realms and individual communities, or rahter their individual characteristics we belong within that show if there are better players and groups. They jsut happen to be orcs, elves, trolls, humans, gnomes, etc. But that is secondary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Take the fact that your wife has a dissability out of the equation as most players who do not know you will not know this.

The fact that you lable them "dueche bags" for initiating a vote kick due to percieved poor game play is kind of bad in itself.

Again. This is only if they are unaware of her dissability. If they know it exists and accept playing with her then vote her out once she screws up then yes they are correctly labled.

I suggest a razer nostromo. As a hunter she should be able to set up enough keybinds to play successfully while using he encorporaed joystick for movement.
    Votekicks are not supposed to be there for poor performance, unless its so poor that you really cant do a boss. A few wipes or less than optimal performance but still killing the boss is not what votekicks are for. They are for abusive players mainly. or at least should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post
    Votekicks are not supposed to be there for poor performance, unless its so poor that you really cant do a boss. A few wipes or less than optimal performance but still killing the boss is not what votekicks are for. They are for abusive players mainly. or at least should be.
    that is of course your opinion. mine is that vote kicks have their place for players who are not equally contributing to the completion of your current goal. in any kind of dungeon, raid scenario that is swift completion and maximum use of my gaming time.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

As someone who plays both (on two different servers, with a prior server to both of those) I've found that Horde has smarter players, with a lot of assholes and elitists and Alliance, while not as fast on the draw, has nicer players.

Personally I chose Alliance in the poll because I value a community's friendliness to their capability. This is despite the fact my primary method of gameplay is PvP, and being surrounded by well mannered and likable imbeciles works against me. Doesn't matter!
    Last edited by Tragopan; 2013-02-26 at 04:24 AM.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Deleted
    Neither, have met my fair share of assholes on both factions. I do miss the communities that existed in vanilla though, the servers were much more tight-knit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted Horde but only a slight advantage and a solid argument could be made that that was mostly in the past and highly dependent on personal experience. These days I don't think there's really a lot of difference.

People who enjoy the more tribal culture that the Horde embodies are perhaps slightly more likely to be tribal (in the very best sense of the word) themselves and I think that contributes to it in a way.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    They are both exactly the same. Mathematically it couldn't be any other way.
    A curious opinion considering the state of the poll.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would differ greatly between servers and battle groups and regions, so I couldn't say overall. For my server/battlegroup specifically. Alliance have better players (Top raiding guilds) and also better pvpers (Alliance:Horde win:loss ratio is heavily balanced in Alliance favor) It used to be the opposite. Alliance always had the top raiding guild but the next few were horde (in fact all the other top ones were horde) and they rivaled but never quite beat the top alliance guild, and in terms of BGs Horde used to win most of them.

It happened sometime between the Battle group merger and allowing faction changes. The BG merger is almost definitely what cost us the win:loss ratio and even though at first it was minor, a lot of big pvpers switched over to alliance. Like wise on my server, the top horde guild switched to alliance to merge with the top alliance guild, and another top alliance guild moved to our server as well to merge with the same guild and slowly but surely we're seeing a lot of our best horde raid teams switch to alliance. Most of my old raid team is now alliance.

In terms of community I really can't say as I've never been alliance but I want to say horde has a better community xD

---------- Post added 2013-02-26 at 02:39 PM ----------

I'll also add Horde used to outnumber Alliance by about 1.2:1 or something, maybe a bit more. Now it's 0.52:1 in favor of alliance, and I just looked up my server on wowprogress and it's even worse than I thought (I haven't been keeping up to date with stuff since DS/End of FL so my info was a little out dates)

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/frostmourne
    That used to be almost all red with about 3 blue names. Now it's reversed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have had good and bad experiences on both sides. There needs to be a both option.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    From my experience, they're both pretty much the same. It probably varies from server to server. I'd give the edge to Horde, simply because that's what I usually play, making it awesome by default.

I'm not sure server community wise, but skill wise it's definitely horde. I played horde for a very long time and now i'm alliance (because of joining an alliance raiding guild) and i can tell you that alliance players are so bad compared to horde, be it in 5man heroics or in lfr. it's not even funny anymore. i mean i knew before that the casual wow player is pretty bad at playing the game and his class, but when it comes to alliance they're even worse than that.

there's groups in lfr sometimes that can't even get past the first trash packs in heart of fear and eventually disband because they chainwipe on them. there's players in 480 gear doing 20k dps, people pulling every unnecessary trash that they possibly can, people standing in everything and dieing etc etc. it's pretty bad. didn't experience this on this scale when i was horde, that's for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    That and the fact there's more Horde posters on this forum as the innumerable "which faction do you play?" threads would indicate.
    But yes the "better" part is down to racials. There is nothing inherent about either faction that would attract a better player just judging by aesthetics.
    This poll will be biased no matter how you look at it, since there will be people voting that have not played both factions and and it boils down to personal experience which comes from a small part of said faction.

This question might not be as weird as you may think.

Sure we are all human. So it should be 50/50 right? But when you created the character... what were your reasons for going horde or alliance. Maybe one type of player/person would go horde and the other would go alliance.

For me there was never an option. I loved castles, I loved paladins and I loved Stormwinds music. Having played a paladin in other games (D&D and videogames), it was sort of a nobrainer. Besides I loved the Alliance lore much better then the hordes (as I knew it back then). Normally I also play a human. Mostly cause they are usually regarded as a "default" race which is good at everything but not a master of anything (in other games). So it was a nobrainer.

But from where I am sitting, most the best guilds I have seen progresswise, have always been Horde. In BG's in Vanilla, our Alliance side got our asses handed to us when guild X was standing on the other side. And also it seemed that the Horde community was generally more funloving and less arrogant. But the thing was usually... if you looked at rank... Horde was nr1 then 3/5 Alliance guilds would be right after that one, followed by 2/3 horde guilds. So while they had the best guild, they also had the more mediocre guilds.

And while I wanted that funloving and less arrogant stuff on my "side" aswell, I couldn't bring myself to transfer. I absolutely hated Orgrimmar. I wasn't about to spend my time in a dusty pauper enviroment. Sure Undercity held some good stuff that I liked, I didn't like it one bit that the Forsaken had taken hold of it. I understand it but to me it didn't feel right. However, I like Belfs a lot more then humans. The model looks a lot better, also the /roar /laugh is awesome. Also I still have a prejudice towards Orcs. They are always the badguys in my eyes. Even though I like Thrall and Saurfang and some others, the overal look on the Orcs is one of deceit and evil. I had no beef with Taurens or Trolls tbh. Forsaken I didn't mind that much.

So to come back on Topic, I think it's fairly even. Other servers might have the same balance but vice versa. But I do believe that people who chose Horde and stayed there are different from people who are Alliance. And there is nothing wrong with either. Just different.

10+ Year Old Account
    On my server, I've had much better experiences Horde-side. Alliance side everybody seems out for themselves and it's a huge epeen contest. Horde-side people seem to just be much more laid back and chill and having fun playing. I've rarely pugged anything higher than Argaloth Alliance-wise but on the Horde, people would let you in their group and it was just a lot more fun and welcoming, even the Blood Elves who I've long regarded the "elitist race" lol

But, bear in mind, this is all just on my server US-Quel'Thalas so your experience may vary.

10+ Year Old Account
    This poll should be:
    "Do you play Alliance or Horde?"

I think among the highest level players, there's a bias towards horde because of stronger racials. I know several longtime alliance raiding guilds switched to horde, and many tournament-level pvpers switched to horde this expansion. For average players though, I very much doubt there's a statistically significant difference.

There's no difference whatsoever.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Neither. You didn't have that option in your poll therefore I didn't vote.

From what I've personally experienced there are jerks and idiots etc. on both sides