View Poll Results: What expansion concept would be best for the next expansion??

Voters
249. This poll is closed
  • Burning Legion w/ Demon Hunter Hero Class

54 21.69%
  • Burning Legion w/ New Races

50 20.08%
  • Burning Legion w/ 4th spec

31 12.45%
  • 4th War Expansion w/ Tinker class

9 3.61%
  • 4th War Expansion w/ New Races

7 2.81%
  • 4th War Expansion w/ 4th spec

6 2.41%
  • Emerald Dream w/ New Class

17 6.83%
  • Emerald Dream w/ New Races

15 6.02%
  • Emerald Dream w/ 4th spec

6 2.41%
  • Naga Expansion w/ New Class

4 1.61%
  • Naga Expansion w/ New Races

23 9.24%
  • Naga Expansion w/ 4th spec

15 6.02%
  • Other (please specify)

12 4.82%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What theme for the next WoW expansion would you prefer?

Check out the poll, and vote. Afterwards, explain why in this thread.

I timed it to end right before Blizzcon. So by the time this poll expires, we're all going to know what the next expansion is going to be.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-02-24 at 05:23 PM.

Isn't MoP the 4th war?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've got 2 expansions I really want to see.

1. Legion Expansion. Cap at 100. Ethereal, Broken, Ogre races. Demon Hunter class.

2. Sylvanas Expansion. Forsaken split off as their own third faction.

I also want Bard and Tinkerer classes, and Jinyu race.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I started WoW in classic, and I enjoyed it up until i quit about two years ago when I graduated high school and started college. I'm not one of those people who left and spammed the forums about how awful the game is; it's still a good game. I quit for personal reasons. A friend (who quit the same time I did) recently asked me if I wanted to start playing again. I told him that this current expansion was not something that would bring be back. However, a Legion expansion would bring me back in a heart beat. I really enjoyed the Burning Crusade. And while I want those memories to stay memories (meaning I don't want an outland revamp [a touch up would be good though]), I really enjoyed the stories and lore of that expansion, and would love to see the legion lore expanded.

I came back to these forums when my friend told me that quests were pointing towards a Legion expansion. I would love to see what Blizzard has in mind.

I picked the option for "New Races" because I decided that "new skins/models for current races" fit best under that category. I played guild wars 2 for a few months when I had time, and I really enjoyed it. When I started reading about WoW again, and watching videos on youtube, it reminded me of how outdated the older races look compared to the detail on the sylvari models. That is a big part of the game for me. When they redo those, it will most likely pique my interest once again.

I would probably come back for an Emerald Dream expansion as well, depending on how they decided to implement it.

Deleted
    A burning legion expansion, as I missed tbc and I really liked all the tbc stuff. I voted for a new race with that xpack, as a 4th spec would just mess up everything and the a new class would just be hard to balance and most likely shit.

I wouldn't mind any of those other options though, they all are more or less interesting and definitely sound more interesting than mop (though mop can still get interesting if old gods and such get involved). I really hope they would add the planet argus some day to the game.
    Last edited by mmoc2810353ea4; 2013-02-24 at 05:53 PM.

Burnin Legion expansion. I clicked new races, but 4th specs for some classes would be fine too. But not all of them, only for the classes that makes sense e.g warlock tank.
    For new race I don't really have an idea for a new race but it would be cool if new races have their own actual capital cities. I don't think two new cities would hurt the game.
    For theme of burning legion, my idea was revamp outland. Change 3-4 zones to new 58-68 content. Change others into new max level zones while adding a few more. Like distant parts of outland that was missing in twisting nether.
    For other ideas: I don't really understand what 4th war means. If it's 4th alliance/horde war it's already happening and will probably finish by the end of this expansion. Emerald dream expansion, no, not a good idea. Emerald Dream would make a raid, no more. Naga expansion, I think an exclusive naga expansion is unlikely. A new old god expansion that features Azshara as main boss like cataclysm did with deathwing would be cool but it would be so soon after cataclysm.

Truthfully, I think Naga and the Legion go hand and hand. Anything with Azshara is going ultimately involve Sargeras in the plot.

In fact, I can see the final tier being the Tomb of Sargeras where she attempts to revive him with the Legion's help

Burning legion with new skins; it would be great, considering that all of Azeroth would be under attack, to allow us to use "Ally" races - Jinyu, Tuskarr, Hozen, Ogres, Taunka, Klaxxi, etc. Every race has their entire existence at stake and should be a part of the fight. Will never happen, but it would be amazing.
    Last edited by siegemaster; 2013-02-24 at 06:11 PM.
    Highly skilled sharpshooter, effective against air units. Can gain the Long Rifles upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I've got 2 expansions I really want to see.

1. Legion Expansion. Cap at 100. Ethereal, Broken, Ogre races. Demon Hunter class.

2. Sylvanas Expansion. Forsaken split off as their own third faction.

I also want Bard and Tinkerer classes, and Jinyu race.
    Definitely Legion, lvl cap 100. The Ogres need to come into the Horde and maybe something like Dryads or some other Sylvan race for the Alliance.
    Cthulhu 2024, why vote for a lesser evil

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gren View Post
    Definitely Legion, lvl cap 100. The Ogres need to come into the Horde and maybe something like Dryads or some other Sylvan race for the Alliance.
    Eh, I went with Broken because I wanted to link it to Outland.

The problem Blizz had in Cata was neither Goblins or Worgen had anything really at stake beyond the usual "world's gonna end."

BC we had Draenei and BElves both wanting to settle on Outland, and in MoP we have the Pandaren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do I have the feeling that the first option is going to win?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burning Legion and Deamon Hunter class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that the first option is going to win?
    Because not everyone agrees with your view that Demon Hunter will be a Warlock tanking spec.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Burning Legion w/ Demon Hunter Hero Class, New Races, and 4th spec!

Deleted
    Maybe the Emerald Dream. I really like the style of MoP, where everything isn't about DEATH and DESTRUCTION AND MORE DEATH.
    I hated Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Because not everyone agrees with your view that Demon Hunter will be a Warlock tanking spec.
    My heart would love a Demon Hunter class. My head is telling me that it's probably going to be a Warlock tanking spec.

Did you read my Demon Hunter class thread? That should show you how much passion I have for Demon Hunters. It was favorite unit in WC3, and one of my favorite concepts ever to come out of Blizzard.

Every Demon Hunter ability was given to another class. Immolation and Meta -> Warlocks, Evasion -> Rogues, Mana Burn -> Priests.

Deleted
    I want to play my murloc, have had that thought since vanilla. So I voted Naga exp with new race.

"The escape of the murlocs"

Need the Naga expansion. Azshara needs to be put out the way and she's a big enough villain to have her own expansion in my opinion.

And a Burning Legion and Azshara expansion do not really go hand in hand as people keep spouting. Azshara was saved by an Old God into which we can presume she now holds her allegiance, this can be safely presumed by the fact she heard whispers in her mind before being transformed into a Naga, these whispers are obviously commonly associated with Old Gods using C'thun and Yogg'Saron as prime examples since they do it during their fights and in various parts of the expansion/vanilla they are in such as the crevice in Howling Fjord and other places for Yogg'Saron.

The Burning Legion and Old Gods are not on the same side from what we know of so far. Sargeras is a Titan and the Old Gods clearly hate Titans and the fact the Old Gods have shown evidence to care only about themselves and each other slightly and because of this I highly doubt Azshara will be in a Legion expansion due to her connection with an Old God, presumably N'Zoth. Unless something happens in an order of we defeat N'Zoth and Azshara turns tail to her previous alliance with the Legion but honestly I feel this would be too much major content for a single expansion but I could be wrong as Yogg'Saron whilst probably one of the best fights in WoW was not the final tier in Wrath.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2013-02-24 at 07:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    Every Demon Hunter ability was given to another class. Immolation and Meta -> Warlocks, Evasion -> Rogues, Mana Burn -> Priests.
    Well to be fair, Priests don't have Mana Burn anymore, and Evasion, Meta, and Immolation is a bit different than the DH version. Immolation Aura is pretty similar though.