Enhance Shaman PvP

Evening all,

I have just dinged level 90 on my enhance shaman and have been doing some PvP with an Enhance from our guild who having arena'd with and Battlegrounded with I think is a pretty unstoppable force! (He single-handedly carried my green geared rogue to nearly 1.9k 2s rating)

He basically had a chat with me about what skills hes uses in PvP etc so I took his word on all of it but I just had a couple of questions as a few things he said seemed odd.

1. He doesnt have Flame or Earth shock on his action bars at all - now to me having levelled all the way to 90 using flame shock find it weird we'd suddenly never need to use it - do we really not use flameshock in pvp?

2. He also said to never use lightning bolt and to only spend MW Stacks on Heals / Hex.

The reason I raise point 2 is combined with not using Earth shock or Flameshock (or lightning bolt) I seem to hit Frost Shock > Unleash > Stormstrike > Lavalash ... wait for CD's to finish unless I need a heal. It just feels... clunky, like I should be using some more offensive moves as outside of those 3 skills my only damage is coming from auto-attack?

Thanks,

J

My Awesome Sig Made By Shyama - Thank You!

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to just spam frost shock whenever it was off cd too and sometimes you may need to, like if a warrior or rogue is in your mouth and you need to kite.

However:
    - Flame shock is our only dot and should have high uptime on target. Especially vs stealthers. Searing totem needs to see this debuff on your target to be reliable. Searing flames is an important buff for us.

- Earth shock does good dmage, is ranged, and reduces physical damage done by the target by 10%. Its good against melee and hunters and enhancers are squishy so you will want all the help you can get here.( Id also reccomend looking into a rockbiter imbue swap macro)

- you will use mw stacks for healing/hexing most of the time but you should still have lightning bolt keybound and ready to use. Ive scored a few kills on enemies running away with 15k health via LB. dont kite an enhance lol.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

your 2 main damaging attacks are stormstrike > lava lash.

if you're not in melee range, you can frost shock > UE to get the root/slow and mini sprint, to help close the gap, or just to do a little bit of damage from range.

i would still keep earth and flame on keybinds. they are still used, if only rarely.

i wouldn't say 'never' use LB. if you're not in need of the heal and hex is on CD, or not needed either, then you can definitely throw it in there for extra damage/burst

i honestly struggle to find a free global. after those 4 main abilities (SS, LL, UE, shocks), you have totems, MW stacks, wolves, and if you still have free globals, purge.

hes suggesting you never use abilities that a core part of your rotation...

That's simply wrong. situationally you would earth shock over flame shock while bursting, frost shock over flame/earth when you're being kited or you need to nova something, but you're just losing sustained damage by not dotting. plus using lava lash to spread it and bomb fire novas when you have a free GCD. i dont have globals to nova often anymore, and its not insane damage, but it helps, and the new flame shock glyph in 5.2 means spreading flame shock = more hots on you.

yes you will be using most of your MW5 procs to heal yourself or insta hex (i cast hex a lot with just 2 or 3 stacks), but while bursting, a LB followed by an ES after your stormstrike, i mean, thats 2 high chances to crit and do some decent damage. i'm willing to bet this guy does shit for damage on the charts at the end.

i wouldnt take his advice seriously.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Earth shocking enemy melee helps A LOT. Flameshock dot is needed for rogues/ferals too. You should have all your "situational" skills bound regardless of whether or not you use them. You might not be using lb in bgs/2s (with another dps) but youll sure as hell be using it when you have a healer with you.