Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Why?
    JaGex ltd. ruined Runescape. Friends recommend.

What Race?
    Undead. Looked cool.

Which Class?
    Warrior, stronk.

Horde / Alliance?
    Friends horde.

Deleted
    Why?
    There was nothing better to do at that time.

What race?
    Night elf. Because I liked the introduction screen and starting zone environment.

Which class?
    Hunter, because Night elf, that's why.

Horde/Alliance
    Alliance, obviously. Would belf been available at the time it's likely I'd have gone horde.

why?

My brother had just started playing, he was a level 46 mage and I was watching him play and was thinking that looks so much fun.(This was halfway through wrath)

Which Race?
    Human, I wanted simplicity for my first char, most of my other chars now are other races unless I'm PVPing on alliance side.

Which Class?
    Paladin - reading descriptions it seemed to fit what I wanted so well.
    And it did, its still my go to character for anything(Same paladin) I take it to whatever server/faction I'm playing on no matter what, Its currently Human to raid with my brother and friends when I'm not raiding on my hunter, and I'm PvPing on my priest horde on a different server.

Why Horde/Alliance?
    My brother was a Gnome mage, I went alliance to play with him, we later went horde to play with some friends of mine that played too and helped us finish leveling and gearing up to play endgame.

We eventually drifted apart in game, he raids I pvp main, but regardless of where he goes you can always find me with a character on his server/faction ready to jump to anytime and play with him, its most often my paladin cause that's just "our characters" he still has his mage and we run things together all the time if we aren't off doing things like raiding or Arena's/RBG's etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why?
    Friend bugged me for 2 years to try this game but I declined saying I wouldn't like it. Then when I broke up with my girlfriend in high school he capitalized on the chance to pitch the game again. So yeah here I am, years later lol.

Which Race?
    Gnome/Orc

Which Class?
    Rogue/Hunter

Why Horde/Alliance?
    My very first character was a Gnome Rogue but when my other friend told me that all my other friends played on this server I made the switch and he told me that Hunter was the easiest class to start out with for a beginner. So I choose Orc and still my main to this day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why?

Asheron's Call was dying. I'm an MMO fan. It just made sense at the time.

However, this game will never touch AC.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    why?
    i played every warcraft rts game and have always been a huge fan of all the characters and the story. seeing the game evolve from warcraft : orcs and humans to warcraft 3 roc and tft was quite impressive. i had just got out of the army and moved back to my hometown. ran into some friends who i had played with at a lot of lan parties, diablo, starcraft and warcraft, and they asked me if i had played WoW yet and i said no but i was thinking about it. a week or so later i picked it up and started with one of my friends

what race?
    intially i started with the tauren. my friend wanted to play the tauren and since it was my first mmo i figured it was best i just go with the flow and play whatever he was so that i wouldnt get lost and shit. we played for about a week and he suddenly stopped playing, i think we only got to like level 20 or something so i rerolled to orcs. i always played the orc campaign first when playing the rts games as i always enjoyed their story more than the humans' one.

what class?
    well like i said i started with the tauren and went with the warrior, but since we stopped playing like a week in and i rerolled to an orc i went with a warlock. i wanted to do stuff with magic and it had a pet to go along with it so i figured i couldnt lose.

what faction?
    horde. like i said i always favored the orc campaign when playing the rts games and i wanted to continue the story from a more horde point of view. it actually wasnt until towards the end of wotlk that i ever had an alliance toon but our guild decided we wanted to switch to alliance in hopes of faster pvp queue times and i actually enjoyed the story of the alliance quite a bit.

why?
    Same as OP, but I started in Warcraft II

Which Race?
    I started to play in TBC as a Blood Elf, Since Warcraft III I really love the lore around them, the architecture, the characters, the tragedy, everything.

Which Class?
    Paladin, cause I hate any kind of Rogue/Dagger/Thief class but I enjoy play as melee, back in that time the Paladin was the only choice.

Why Horde/Alliance?
    Horde because I'm a huge fan of the Lore in the game, and the races and characters of the Horde has more interesting stories than any one of the alliance in my opinion.

Why?
    I had been into MMORPGs for a long time, starting back with the launch of EverQuest in 1999 with stints in other games like Dark Age of Camelot and Asheron's Call, but mostly EQ. WoW hit on a lot of the things that made those games fun, and I always enjoyed the Warcraft RTS franchise, so I checked it out. I got into the Beta towards the end and I started up on launch day.

Which Race?
    Tauren. I'm not entirely sure why other then I thought they looked cool and Plainsrunning sounded cool (too bad it never made it in).

Which Class?
    Shaman. It was my favorite class in EQ and I liked the healing hybrid support model class in general. I also thought having Ghost Wolf was pretty cool

Why Horde/Alliance?
    I think this was primarily based on the fact that I liked playing as the Orcs in WC3, and that design and architecture shows up all around mulgore and the barrens and durotar which is where I would be starting my new Tauren Shaman.

I bailed on that character eventually and ended up having a Human Paladin as my main from the end of Vanilla up to the start of Cata. I switched to a Warlock for MoP.

Deleted
    I had 6+ years to throw out the window, so I went with WoW. It worked!

Why?
    I played warcraft from W1 and i loved it

Which Race?
    Human becose race restrictions

Which Class?
    Mage, no particular reason

Why Horde/Alliance?
    i join WoW after i was watching several raids of Molten Core of friend of mine , i was excited. He was alliance so i chose alliance too.

rogues looked sick, never played one past 20.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why?

Because 1st I was playing Line age 2 and I liked MMO very much But after a time I found that game very very boring ( 4 button master! Yay !) ! Then I started to play Dota Allstars and Warcraft ROC and TFT campaign ! I liked Lore very much, read some more lore and then saw game I was just Thrilled to bits when I launched it !

Which class?

Night elf they are so much cool race! They have been living for several millenias! Extremely deep knowledge of things etc ! And good looking too )

Which class?

Rogue, because of Maiev Shadowsong (I believed she was rogue when I started to play ) and hunter for Night elf Sentinels!

Why Alliance?

Because they are more civilized then those green-skinned, undead atrocity, and gay looking elves (no insult to players )

Deleted
    why?
    Was getting baked at a friends house watching him "raid" UBRS, Looked different to Q3 and UT which I was heavily into at the time.

Which Race?
    Human Liked the Casting animations the best out of all the races available at the time for Warlocks.

Which Class?
    Warlock, Like the idea of having demons and cursing people

Why Horde/Alliance?
    Casting animations really. No other reason.
    This was back when things like racial traits meant little to me, the game was pre BWL, and people played for fun. To to stroke there epeens like the majority of people these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    why?

My brother had just started playing, he was a level 46 mage and I was watching him play and was thinking that looks so much fun.(This was halfway through wrath)

Which Race?
    Human, I wanted simplicity for my first char, most of my other chars now are other races unless I'm PVPing on alliance side.

Which Class?
    Paladin - reading descriptions it seemed to fit what I wanted so well.
    And it did, its still my go to character for anything(Same paladin) I take it to whatever server/faction I'm playing on no matter what, Its currently Human to raid with my brother and friends when I'm not raiding on my hunter, and I'm PvPing on my priest horde on a different server.

Why Horde/Alliance?
    My brother was a Gnome mage, I went alliance to play with him, we later went horde to play with some friends of mine that played too and helped us finish leveling and gearing up to play endgame.

We eventually drifted apart in game, he raids I pvp main, but regardless of where he goes you can always find me with a character on his server/faction ready to jump to anytime and play with him, its most often my paladin cause that's just "our characters" he still has his mage and we run things together all the time if we aren't off doing things like raiding or Arena's/RBG's etc.
    Awwww... So much touching story... NO REALLY, it was touching !

have always loved pvp and i think that this is one of the most balanced pvp games in the world right now and is very fun to play, with a wide variety of classes and specs.

Why?
    My best friend got me into an MMO called Final Fantasy XI. I played some MUDs back in the day, but FFXI was my first true MMO. I was hooked right off the bat. I played it for 5 years, spent a lot of time in a hardcore linkshell (guild), but eventually got tired of the game and sold my account. Even though I was done with the game, it just felt like something was empty. I've always fancied myself a gamer, and not having a game to play left me twiddling my thumbs a lot of the time.

My cousin and his friends finally talked me into playing Wow. I had a huge grudge against the game (it came out a few months after FFXI released in the states, "stealing" a lot of players from the game I played) but I missed the sense of community a MMO had; and hey, if I'm gonna play a game, I might as well play with people I know.

I started somewhere midway through Wrath. I came in a week or two after the patch that added dungeon finder (3.2? 3.3? Too lazy to look it up) and have been playing ever since.

Which race?
    I spent a lot of time looking through all the different combos of looks you could have when I made my toon. When I found the Undead model with the jaw missing, I knew I found something I liked. Still play the character as my main to this day.

Which race?
    As I said, I used to play FFXI. My main class in that game was Red Mage, which had a lot of versatility, but in most endgame situations it was just a buff bitch. I was tired of playing casters, so I looked around at melee classes. My best friend played a Thief in FFXI, and I was always jealous of his Flee (sprint) ability, so I rolled a rogue.

Why Horde?
    Basically, my cousin and his friends were in a horde guild so I made a horde toon. I've never been big on lore, so I didn't really care. I'm sure I'd be just as happy if I had to play Ally to be with them.

All of the guys that got me into the game no longer play anymore, aside from one or two that check in every few patches. But I still love the game and I always have something to do.

I started playing becuase it looked fun.

Dailies and awful pvp ruined this game pretty much.

Fun times,

Why?
    I got into FPS's (counter-strike), and two IRl friends got into Warcraft 3. Eventually jumped ship, got Warcraft 3, we played for ~2 years or so near continuous and then after one week, three people stopped showing up. Then five more. Then half of our clan in WC3 was gone, and I'm all "huhwtf". Turns out they went to WoW. Never played an MMO, but I loved Warcraft -- bought it, started playing it, loved it.

Which race?
    At the time I joined at late vanilla, I wanted to play an undead or a dwarf, more-so a dying dwarf fan especially since my friends were Alliance. Eventually it just stuck -- Plus my favorite champion in WC3 for a long time was the dwarf. Though I won't lie, I really wanted to go horde and be a blood elf when I heard of TBC before even making a character. I eventually did reroll when all the friends went separate ways, became a belf paladin. Never went back since.

Which class?
    I asked what was better classes at max level, what does the most damage, etc. I had no idea what I was doing. they eventually persuaded me to be a holy paladin and heal them, which I seriously leveled as holy going for strength gear. No one caught on until level 55 (it took me like 3 months). In the end, I just loved paladins.

Why alliance at first, then horde?
    Dunno. Alliance because of friends, I loved their architecture, etc. I loved the idea of actually having big ass keeps and towns and stuff like ironforge, instead of just having a 'city' made out of wood and straw, which I was taking all my impressions from Warcraft 3. But slowly, I started to become a horde fan. Dunno, just the Alliance side wore off of me.

Despite me being a hardcore dying Horde fan, I reaaaaaaaaally miss Ironforge. I mean really. Yeah, in TBC people were in shat, but no AH's meant still old world activity. Then WotLK came out and it nulled the cities even more, and Cata put a nail in the coffin in seemed -- even now, though, I still hang around my two fav cities (Ironforge if I ever play alliance, and silvermoon/Undercity). If I could, I would so hang out in Ironforge as a horde character. If I had to pick one city as a favorite city, it'd be Ironforge. Without a doubt.

I was always a big fan of console games, however i'd never played any online games. My boyfriend back then was playing WoW regularly and I used to mock him and the game.
    He turned round to me one day and said why don't you try it? So I made a toon on his account and played around for a couple hours, loved it so much I had to go buy it myself the next day :P

I rolled a night elf druid, as they sounded so cool, with all the different ways you could play, alliance as thats what faction he was on. Started levelling as boomie, later switched to resto and that toons still my main to this day
    Warriors in PvP are like small hyperactive children in a candy shop made of bouncy castle.

Deleted
    why?
    Was interested in playing after I saw my friends at uni play shortly after the EU release of classic WoW back in 2005. Bout a week later, one of them who was on a guest pass bought a copy in the local games shop because he couldn't be arsed waiting for the copy to come from his online order, so when that arrived a day later, he just gave it to me!

Which Race?
    I spent about 3-4 hours researching the races and classes before I even made my first character. Even researched the name I would use. First race was a troll, which I got to about level 12 before realizing I was on a different server to my uni mates. Quickly switched to the correct realm and made me a Tauren.

Which Class?
    After much research, I decided I liked hunters best so went with a hunter. It got to level 18 before I deleted him and made a shaman, then a rogue, then a mage. Think I ended up making in excess of 100 characters before I finally made one that stuck! Took me another 7 years to finally get a hunter to end game!

Why Horde/Alliance?
    Went with horde originally as all my mates played Horde. After about a year I made an alliance character on a PvP server (God knows why, I hated PvP at the time anyways!). This became my main after a realm transfer to a PvE realm, which is the realm I still play on, where I have all my best characters and where I met my GF. So yeah, Alliance all the way now!