Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    My girlfriend had left me and I went deep down into depression and I needed a virtual "satisfier" to make myself feel happy and to feel accomplishing something again after such a relationship failure. Therefore I started playing WoW. Do I regret? Hell no.

Why?
    I started World of Warcraft mainly due to the story in WCI, II, III and all the expansions. I loved in Wacraft III that you controlled a hero and World of Warcraft basically promised me that I would be a "hero" and could evolve into a more powerful version throughout the game. I wasn't a real PC player until then, sure I did those games I mentioned earlier. But mostly I was found on consoles. So I was a bit "scared" to mix with veteran players, who easily mastered the controls via keyboard. That said I did find it easier then I had anticipated, but was totally overwhelmed with the game when I started it. So vast, so many people (in vanilla).
    So all in all, I just wanted to see more of Azeroth then just the RTS games.

Which Race?
    As I loved the story of Arthas, Uther and the like - and played a paladin in other games aswell, the race was set by default for me > Human.

Which Class?
    As I loved the story of Arthas, Uther and the like - and played a paladin in other games aswell, the race was set by default for me > Paladin

Why Horde/Alliance?
    Well I very much disliked the chaos that seems to be a theme in Horde "culture". But since I started out in Vanilla, I had no choice really anyway. Paladins were faction based. So Alliance it was and I loved it and still love it. I would never go horde, unless I could avoid Orgrimmar. I would set my HS in Undercity or perhaps even Thunderbluff. I absolutaly hate the main capital of the Horde. And while people say: "Why would you play a paladin, what kind of void imagination do you have - play a troll etc" - I like the archtype hero = human. I don't mind what everyone else picks, I love that others pick something else.

Deleted
    Why?
    I had played Diablo II from 2001-2004 pretty much solidly. Moved onto Medal of Honor Allied Assault and had fun being competitive in that game. Then a load of people started dropping like flies for this new World of Warcraft (wankcraft as it was called in my clan). After spending months berating the players who started in Beta. I heard my RL friend was starting and he just wouldn't stfu about it. Eventually he said come round, make a character and I bet you buy it. 8 years later I'm typing this out.
    Which Race/Class?
    When I first tried it, I was a human warrior. When i got my own account, I originally wanted to be an undead rogue, coolest combo in the game IMO. Friends were all alliance and they were both human rogues, so I became a Night Elf Rogue. Not sure why so many rogues, but cool anyway.

Deleted
    Why?
    I used to play runescape, but then a friend came up with guildwars and WoW. First i played guild wars for 4 months. I couldn't afford the monthly costs, since i had to pay that for my self. I found out about Private servers and played on that for a month. But more and more friends started to play the real WoW, so i looked for a job. I worked 1 day a week, just to be able to buy the game, and buy the 2month game cards.

Which Race
    I started of as a Night Elf. But switched to the dwarfs in a few days

Which Class
    My night elf was a rogue, later switched to my dwarf warrior.

Why Alliance?
    My friends played alliance, and for some reason alliance felt more fun? right now my once beloved dwarf is an orc, because of my friends. But my heart still lies by the alliance