Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    That rare spawn health scaling is kinda cool but when 10 people jump in to get it to is it just going to turn into a raid boss? and will be hard to kill. Im just glad that its power doesnt scale as well.
    Last edited by Nuvuk; 2013-02-25 at 11:43 AM.

You will still get loot with just one hit while the mob is alive, even if combat drops.

Great. a hunter come along. Fire one arrow. keep questing and get a shot at loot from your hard fight. I think this system gonna get dropped or changed really fast

Deleted
    One of the complaints that often came up in the Blue Tweets was people "stealing" mobs during daily quests or when killing a rare spawn.
    inb4 "One of the complaints that often came up in the Blue Tweets was people hitting rare spawns once and returning to what they were doing previously, getting credit/loot for no effort and making the other player work 50% harder for nothing" when 5.3/5.4 hits.

Seriously...they should just leave the health as it is, after all a normal mob or boss's health doesn't increase when you're in a group right?

Not to mention many people (myself included) want to solo the rare for the challenge, in this patch it'll be far worse than the idiots who spam invites while you're killing a rare on your way to 90.
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2013-02-24 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    inb4 "One of the complaints that often came up in the Blue Tweets was people hitting rare spawns once and returning to what they were doing previously, getting credit/loot for no effort and making the other player work 50% harder for nothing" when 5.3/5.4 hits.

Seriously...they should just leave the health as it is, after all a normal mob or boss's health doesn't increase when you're in a group right?

Not to mention many people (myself included) want to solo the rare for the challenge, in this patch it'll be far worse than the idiots who spam invites while you're killing a rare on your way to 90.

I really think the devs will have some safety mechanisms in place. For instance, I can think of 3 right away

1. A person must re-attack the mob every 10 seconds or lose their ´tap´.
    2. A person must do a minimum of 20% of the overall damage to the mob to receive loot.
    3. Any mob with less than 10% health cannot be tapped by another player.

My guess is they will have a minimum of those 3 rules in place. I think any new feature that gets added to the game has some negative sides to it, and certainly no matter what, there will be some annoyances with this new system. But think about how much better this would have made golden lotus dailies overall... 3 steps forward, one step back is still progress.

I wish the warlock spell Cataclysm made it live. /cry

I like how RETARDED blizzard is with that Rare/Quest Spawn thing. Do they not realize the huge amount of trolling people could do? Hit the mob once. Increase HP by 50% for the one player. Just sit there and let the one player do all the work.

GENIUS. Just let them flag it for themselves but don't increase the HP -_-

Deleted
    I hope they will find a way around potential abuse, but otherwise this is an awesome change to rare NPCs.

I wish this applied to all rares, so everyone could gather around Sulik'shor/Scritch and we'd all have a huge party.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would imagine they do it like war online.

You get bonus to your roll depending on your contribution

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    I like how RETARDED blizzard is with that Rare/Quest Spawn thing. Do they not realize the huge amount of trolling people could do? Hit the mob once. Increase HP by 50% for the one player. Just sit there and let the one player do all the work.

GENIUS. Just let them flag it for themselves but don't increase the HP -_-
    Though if the player is a hunter / mage or rogue and they see the other player do this all they have to do is feign death, invis or vanish and thus dump the now higher HP mob on to the other player that decided to troll..

love the rare sharing thing

10+ Year Old Account
    (Great posts, Simca! )

I don't really like the thought of rares turning into massive raid bosses if there's no cap on the hp buff, and faction-sharing loot doesn't make any sense for PvP servers (or even PvE). Hopefully, Blizzard will expound further on this 5.2 rares system before the patch is out.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Blapis View Post
    Haha GW2 copy paste
    It indeed is, it's not a bad thing though, but they probably should have done it way earlier, then again they do have many technical limitations on this game quite often.

10+ Year Old Account
    The rares, their difficulty and their rewards look promising, but as many others have said, strangers can be asshats, tag them and then don't help whoever tagged the rares first. Maybe change the system to give loot and kill credit to those who contribute a % or fixed amount of damage?

Lets all make the same comment about tagging a mob and not helping to kill it! Oh wait

Hey Blizzard. How about copying the combat system from Guild Wars 2 while your at it, instead of having to press 50 bajillion buttons to execute precise rotations while trying to slowly move out of circles of pain and death.

10+ Year Old Account
    The mob tagging idea is kind of interesting. I do agree that hunters, mages, and such can potentially get away with a kill. But the thing is, wouldn't an average player 'want' to help kill the mob to kill it faster and move on rather than sit and wait for it to be dead? Just a thought. I know some players 'will' sit and wait. But personally for me, I would help fight to get the job done. The increased health pool makes sense in that case if you think about it. It would actually be worse if it stayed the same. I think the logic behind the increased hp is to simply almost force the person tagging the rare to fight it to end it quicker.

That's just a thought for those coming up with a conclusion.

Like the new rare system. When I see an Alliance or Horde fighting a rare I'd been looking for I help them out regardless. Would be nice to be able to get something for it, too.

Here guys, here is a great way to grief someone trying to kill a mob! heres 50% life for you to chew through, and i'm just going to sit here and trollololololol and oh looks, phat lewts!

Q: You know, youre giving WW an obscene buff in utility all around yet you give ret some small gimmick buffs. We need massive aid
    A: There are like 5x as many Ret paladins as all monks put together.

^ Blizz quote in the Answer. I don't get why population size of a class has to do with helping out a spec that is falling behind in a certain regard. This seems like really bad form for them to use this as an excuse. I'm surprised there are so many ret paladins, but not one has replied to this yet to point this out.

If monk was 5x more popular than ret paladin, then ret paladins would have received the buffs? Seems like a FOTM system to me, buff to low population specs/classes, punish the high population, rinse and repeat as people change class.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Holy shit what is up with people here? What kind of people do you guys interact with? When I see a mob and someone is hiting it in 5.2, ill just help him and get my loot, what is the issue? Why is everyone so freaking scared of change and shareing things with other players? I dont even think some of you realise or know how to read. You cant just simply it it and leave, it works like any other mob in this game, you need to be pretty freaking close to get credit to the kill, and be able to loot it. Why the fuck would you just hit it and leave? What kind of moron does this? You need to help kill the mob in order to aquire your loot. Honestly I ask again, with what kind of people do you play with that you are so afraid to shareing a killl with a fellow member of your faction. (I will kill the other faction still, that wont change.)

Not everyone needs to be a freaking asshole, unless you are one of them ofcourse.
    Not everyone, but almost half the players I come across are, sad I know, but it's just the way it is, now with CRZs up, there's even more "idiots" to be found and well those don't even care bout their realm reputation as they come from an xy realm.