Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Regarding all of you that says Blizzard did copy this from Guild Wars 2...

Where were all you when ArenaNet copied it off Warhammer Online?

Looking forward to see how the change to rares will turn out, hoping they have foreseen the griefing possibilities. Though I'm not thát worried about it, not everyone's a douche, as someone's stated earlier.
    Last edited by Sugarpixie; 2013-03-26 at 08:21 AM.

Who decides which class related questions get attention from Blizzard? I'm tired of pathetic answers to terrible questions. None of the important issues with our class gets addressed and we get stringed along for yet another few months while they decided how to fix us. Why can't we cast Feint during stun? Slice'n'Dice is a boring mechanic, why can't Eviscerate/Envenom refresh it? Why is Cheat Death so useless? Crits were the reason a lot of people picked the class, so why do we have one of the lowest base crit ratings and why did they remove the crit chance from our abilities? There are LOADS of suggestions on the MMO/official forums about how to make fixes or quality of life improvements to the class without making them overpowered. Jeez...

It only works for the new rares in Patch 5.2
    This might be a bit much to ask but the clarification would be super awesome. Was this tested outside the Isle of Thunder? There are new rares elsewhere and I'm really curious as to if it extends to them. Primarily I'm asking about the direhorn mount dropping guys in Jade Forest and the other zones.

Also, does this mean it would be more effective to disband my group while fighting these things? Or does the personal loot rule overtake the standard party loot rule? Meaning can myself and my party member both potentially win the rare's drop while together?

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    I have more and more the feeling that rogues are completely ignored by Blizzard.
    We dont need to have energy for every f*cking gcd but at least for every secend gcd would be fine. Played my rogue as assasin and combat.....so i know both styles with nearly everything reforged to haste and nearly nothing to haste....even with a haste rating of 5000+ you have energy (without cds) for about every third attack.
    Compared with monks (i never played feral druid so i cant compare it) it feels slow as hell when you need energy for nearly every move. I dont mind if the regeneration is slow if the mechanics where the same and rogue finishers dont need energy only combo points.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    It's basically a complete separate roll of the loot table - as if you had killed it by yourself with nobody else around - for every player involved in the kill.
    saw your name and was like.... oh man i love/miss air gear

A little question, what addon shows the hp and percentage? Or is it a new 5.2 feature?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    Q: You know, youre giving WW an obscene buff in utility all around yet you give ret some small gimmick buffs. We need massive aid
    A: There are like 5x as many Ret paladins as all monks put together.

^ Blizz quote in the Answer. I don't get why population size of a class has to do with helping out a spec that is falling behind in a certain regard. This seems like really bad form for them to use this as an excuse. I'm surprised there are so many ret paladins, but not one has replied to this yet to point this out.

If monk was 5x more popular than ret paladin, then ret paladins would have received the buffs? Seems like a FOTM system to me, buff to low population specs/classes, punish the high population, rinse and repeat as people change class.

The specialty of WindWalkers seems to be to sail past combat and pull even more mobs. Ret just feels so wrong. I mean, when leveling one it was a clusterf of CDs nearly ending on top of each other.

As for Blizzards comments about Rogues and energy, they don't have an active filler and that is the problem with the class. I think rogues would be cool with an ability like steadshot/shieldslam/etc that adds energy. Give us something to do instead of watching a bar fill. I would rather have to fill it than watch it fill
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

I think they forgot Godzilla.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    The specialty of WindWalkers seems to be to sail past combat and pull even more mobs.
    That quote made my day.
    And everyone that raided or grouped with a WW so far can definitely relate to it.

There's no incentive for other players to grief, cause they wont get anything, Will some players do it? Sure, but i'm willing to pet people want loot from rare NPC's more than they'd like to grief. So i dont think it'll be a massive problem, but i'm sure it'll happen every now and then. Right now people who accually want to kill these mobs end up griefing more because they have incentive to wipe the party whom pulled first by whatever means necessary

Quote Originally Posted by FattyXP View Post
    Here guys, here is a great way to grief someone trying to kill a mob! heres 50% life for you to chew through, and i'm just going to sit here and trollololololol and oh looks, phat lewts!
    Yeah, this system looks so ripe for griefing, I really don't understand why blizz thought this would be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeikai View Post
    There's no incentive for other players to grief, cause they wont get anything, Will some players do it? Sure, but i'm willing to pet people want loot from rare NPC's more than they'd like to grief...
    You have it backwards. The extra loot for (read up) ONE HIT on the mob is a huge incentive to literally throw one spell on a rare NPC you see someone else killing, then keep on killing your quest mobs while the poor other dude has to deal with the extra 50% health before he gets his chance at loot. Now, imagine five players do this while questing. Ten players. You're starting to get the idea.
    Last edited by croana; 2013-02-25 at 01:43 PM.

Jesus Christ who cares about the rare mob tagging, it's a nice feature at best and a very minor annoyance at worst. Why not complain about something more worthwhile, like Blizzard claiming experience in LFR to be justifiable as having seen the content and ignoring the abhorrent mess of progression for normal and heroic modes

Deleted
    Good change for the rares. I approve.

As for this Tweet:
    The intent of Ra-Den is to be insanely difficult. Most heroic guilds should not consider him a part of progression.
    Is he nuts? Of course that will be part of progression. Hell, it will be the main goal.

The things people complain about, who the fuck cares if it adds health to the mobs, I've done 5 of the rares and they aren't hard, they just take time. The only one that it could possibly be annoying on is the one that you have to kill within 2 minutes or you get death touched. But generally you can just kite them all around, they are all stunnable slowable knockbackable etc. etc.

I don't know with whom do you play, but not all of the WoW players are douches. I very rarely encounter one. This rare mob loot change will bring more good than bad. Good players should not be ignored at the expense of dicks that will always abuse certain mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    Q: You know, youre giving WW an obscene buff in utility all around yet you give ret some small gimmick buffs. We need massive aid
    A: There are like 5x as many Ret paladins as all monks put together.

^ Blizz quote in the Answer. I don't get why population size of a class has to do with helping out a spec that is falling behind in a certain regard. This seems like really bad form for them to use this as an excuse. I'm surprised there are so many ret paladins, but not one has replied to this yet to point this out.

If monk was 5x more popular than ret paladin, then ret paladins would have received the buffs? Seems like a FOTM system to me, buff to low population specs/classes, punish the high population, rinse and repeat as people change class.
    "We have limited time, so we prioritized the classes that are in the most dire situation"

Rets are fine, honestly, especially compared to monks. The ret buffs are completely crazy as it is, but ah well. I guess rets won't be happy until you're back to the state and likely reason why most of you rerolled ret to begin with a couple of years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    "We have limited time, so we prioritized the classes that are in the most dire situation"

Rets are fine, honestly, especially compared to monks. The ret buffs are completely crazy as it is, but ah well. I guess rets won't be happy until you're back to the state and likely reason why most of you rerolled ret to begin with a couple of years back.
    I don't even play ret, I was just pointing out that they seem to be making changes based on class population/representation, not on actual balance from a general perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Because it would only be 50% more health, which isn´t that much. Yes, it would be a little annoying, but if your goal was to get loot, why not just keep attacking it, if the other person has aggro.. it would take almost nothing for the additional player to do 50% of the original mobs health.

Anyone who flat out trolled and only did one attack and then watched, would just be wasting their time as they would then have to sit around and wait a lot longer for the loot then if they just did some damage.
    I don't think you realize that trolls don't feel like any time is wasted when they are just there to grief you. They could care less about the loot. In fact now there's incentive for trolls to ally and each tag a rare once after someone else engages.

Stood in the Fire skidmarksteve's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Macro for Announcing Isle of Thunder Rares http://pastebin.com/e4u446xd