Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Movies]The Oscars 2013

The Oscars 2013 is tonight. Here in Sweden they start airing from the red carpet in about 30 minutes.

The nominees can be found here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-are-Announced!

Anyone except me that are going to watch this?

I am not sure that i will be watching . Oscars have generally been boring shows , but this year the lineup for best movies and actor performances leaves a lot to be desired in my humble opinion.I don't want to be the cynical asshole , but although they increased it to 10 they managed to pile in there some pretty top pieces of crap .I hope Django wins , not because it is Oscar worth it but in compensation for Tarantino being stripped in 1995 of a much deserved one for Pulp Fiction.All in all , boring show, boring nominees , the show where i am starts in about 2 hours so i am not sure .

Edit : Who is hosting this year ?

Deleted
    Seth MacFarlane is the host this year

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Seth MacFarlane is the host this year
    Ah , hope he doesn't pull a James Franco .

If Django doesnt get best Writing and best Picture they fail at life. I think its better than Reservoir Dogs and I always hated Pulp Fiction. Also why wasnt Jamie Foxx nominated for best Actor?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    If Django doesnt get best Writing and best Picture they fail at life. I think its better than Reservoir Dogs and I always hated Pulp Fiction. Also why wasnt Jamie Foxx nominated for best Actor?
    I think Argo or Lincoln will win best picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I think Argo or Lincoln will win best picture.
    Argo was terrible and Lincoln was...well who the hell makes a movie where we all know how it will end. Then again Titanic did win like 12 Oscars and we all knew how it was going to end.

Also its pretty sad when you cant even start a post on the Oscars and when they are almost over not even have 10 replies yet.

Quentin Tarantino should have gotten Rza to do his music for Django. He did a badass job with Kill Bill. Still think Django should have won best picture at least over Argo. That movie was just horrible. Was it because Ben Affleck finally learned how to act?
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2013-02-25 at 05:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    who the hell makes a movie where we all know how it will end
    Hollywood.

Argo only won Best Picture because Hollywood loves a movie where the cinema "saved the day"

who the hell makes a movie where we all know how it will end.
    So they should stop making movies that are based on history altogether?

Also why wasnt Jamie Foxx nominated for best Actor?
    Because Waltz stole the show. You're not going to get a nomination for best leading actor if supporting cast outperforms you. Simply put he wasn't good enough.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2013-02-25 at 10:14 AM.

Deleted
    Christoph Waltz really deserved that Oscar, he made the film half decent. No surprise that Adele won for Skyfall, it's a great song but the competition wasn't that great.

Anne Hathaway winning best Supporting Actress. Lol, just lol.

Wreck-it-Ralph > Brave.
    Last edited by mmocbd02567a48; 2013-02-25 at 10:53 AM.

Ahhhh Excellent show this year! Loved Seth MacFarlane, was hilarious and leagues better than the last couple of years. Hahaha laughed so hard when Captain Kirk appeared on the screen

As for the actual awards, do we have to call Daniel Day-Lewis the greatest actor ever now? Seeing as how he has won more best leading actor awards than anyone in history. LOVED the fact that Jennifer Lawrence won, she has just done a great job these last few years and proved herself an excellent actress that also doesn't become a total Hollywood monster after becoming successful. I'm also happy Anne Hathaway finally took home an Oscar, she was really impressive in Les Misérables.

Best picture, not surprised, while an excellent film it wasn't my favorite this year.

Again Seth MacFarlane, best host they've had in a long time!!
    Last edited by Shiny212; 2013-02-25 at 11:43 AM.

Deleted
    Still think Django should have won best picture at least over Argo. That movie was just horrible.
    lol argo is okay.. still twice the film django is.. to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Christoph Waltz really deserved that Oscar, he made the film half decent. No surprise that Adele won for Skyfall, it's a great song but the competition wasn't that great
    totally agree.. waltz and jackson made an awful film okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Again Seth MacFarlane, best host they've had in a long time!!
    didnt watch it but im glad he was good.
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2013-02-25 at 11:59 AM.

Deleted
    did django win anything then? havent watched it.

Cristoph Waltz was a good pick. Django imo should have won it but yea it is what it is. Django isn't tarantinos best film but I liked it best of what they had up there this year.

I'm curious what you guys thought of seth mcfarlane? he's been getting quite the fucking beating in the press today. I think most of it is unwarranted mind you but do you think the Academy hiring seth to broaden the appeal worked out?

Deleted
    The Oscar that I disagree most with is the Animated one. Wreck-it Ralf, Halloweenie and ParaNorman is better than Brave.

Also wonderful to see little Sweden pick up three oscars (Best documentary, and 2 Swedes shared the Sounds editing )

I actually thought Django was Tarantino's best film, and I do think he got snubbed for Best Director as well. I haven't seen Argo though, so I can't really comment on Best Picture. Out of those I saw, Django stood out a little more than the rest, with Silver Linings Playbook a close second.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    I'm curious what you guys thought of seth mcfarlane? he's been getting quite the fucking beating in the press today. I think most of it is unwarranted mind you but do you think the Academy hiring seth to broaden the appeal worked out?
    Seth MacFarlane did a fine -- if somewhat tame, by his standards -- job of hosting, and I hope he is asked to do it again in the future. His bits had a nice blend of bite and pomp. The critics? Well, they seemed to be angry that he didn't fail and miserably as they had hoped, and came across as catty little bitches in their reviews.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

I was really annoyed when Brave won last night, it's not that it was bad, it's that I hate seeing Pixar get rewarded for anything they make simply because they have made fantastic stuff before, Brave was really mediocre and any of the other films deserved it more than Brave.

Other than that I wish the best picture would have been Life of Pi or SLP but Argo is fine.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anne Hathaway winning best Supporting Actress. Lol, just lol.
    Seriously? She was amazing in that movie.

Wreck-it-Ralph > Brave.
    Agreed, but any one who thought it stood a chance against a Pixar movie was kidding themselves.

(And I'm still annoyed that Arrietty didn't even get a nomination.)