Exclamation Why Religion VS Atheism Does Not Matter!

Okay say we did away with all religions all over the entire world. You would still have to base all those societies on a set of rules to prevent anarchy, and those rules would look exactly the same as the rules in our religious books that most societies are already based on.

So congratulations getting rid of religion will solve nothing and we will be in the exact same place anyways.

This is why every time I see a thread bashing religion I tend to think every single person in those threads are derps because even without religion a society would based on the same rule set that religion was already doing...

People don't look deep enough to see this and it annoys the hell out of me.

EDIT: Oh so you say getting rid of religion will cause a lot less violence? Wrong again! If societies were based on a rule set made strictly by humans, then a lot more people would question those rule sets and it would ultimately lead to violence and rebellion. A lot like religion does already.

You can't really question a religious rule set as much because it is, supposedly, made by a higher supernatural being that is beyond all individuals.
    Last edited by sandmoth12; 2013-02-24 at 10:40 PM.

Why do you seem to make a thread about every single inane thought you have and begin it with an exclamation?

Ahh yes, Leviticus has a wonderful set of laws that the entire world should live by.

didn't think this subject could be discussed here >.>
    and no. "morality" isn't a religious thing its a BIOLOGICAL thing.

side note. glad to see it took you 5 mins to think about this, you should write a book. I'm sure it would be a hit.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2013-02-24 at 10:39 PM.

Deleted
    For me at least, its not a question of moral guidelines, but of rational thinking. I dislike having religious organisations telling me that scientific findings are incorect because some book written by a scientifically illiterate culture a thousand odd years or more ago says so.

After countless hours of discussing religion and politics on the internet, I've come to the conclusion that these things are very personal and vary so drastically from person-to-person that there really is no point of trying to settle it.

Deleted
    The discussion of religion is a topic forbidden on MMOC.

Closed.