Page 49 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksen View Post
    Small point: What exactly is wrong with Rush Limbaugh? He's the #1 radio show. How is the most popular a lunatic? What has he said that's crazy?

Your other points are not bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There is absolutely nothing about having lots and lots of sex that means you're going to have a kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    Good luck with that. People love "free stuff", especially if they can take it from others by "voting" it away under a cloak of legitimacy.
    What you call a hand out, is also being called the will of the people. The enemy is voting, that's great.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

ok I'm back to confuse all you pro abortion advocates that feebly defend the right to kill the unborn because your heartless robotic false argument of because a fetus isn't human because it lacks proper brain activity

I want you to Google Nicholas Coke the baby that was born without a brain just a brain stem he lived to be two years old.

So according to the justification of the pro abortionist to kill the unborn argument Nicholas Coke was not human he did not meet any of the pro abortion criteria to be human. So i would like to ask why was he given a birth certificate? why was he allowed to receive Medicaid? why was he allowed to be filed as a dependent on his parents tax return? when have you ever herd a non human being allowed to do any of that ?

And if it is true he wasn't human could the mother have killed him anytime after his birth and not get charged with murder

So have fun explaining Nicholas Coke away I'm waiting for some of you to argue he wasn't human and didn't deserve any rights as a human do you really want to show how morbid cruel and heartless you are just to keep justifying abortion
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2013-02-25 at 10:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Small point: What exactly is wrong with Rush Limbaugh? He's the #1 radio show. How is the most popular a lunatic? What has he said that's crazy?
    Have you forgotten the Sandra Fluke slut-shaming issue, where he called her a slut and a prostitute on the air, because she supported birth control being covered under health care.

And the reason she was arguing for that was because a friend of hers had PCOS and birth control pills are the standard treatment to prevent the growth of cysts.

Just to pick one unconscionable example from dozens of others over his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksen View Post
    Secondly, Republicans need to fucking catch up to modern marketing and technology. Obama's marketing team was pretty fucking sick. In 2008, it was estimated that every dollar Obama spent had over 10x the impact as Hillary Clinton and John McCain combined. Obama arms his team with obscene amounts of data, and uses that data to be effective in swing states. Republicans, on the other hand, are relying on "traditional" campaign techniques that are just losing.
    It's purely anecdotal, but every year the Republican party calls my home telephone (that I never answer) and leaves pre-recorded messages on my answering machine trying to convince me to vote for them. It's a total failure that in 2012 the only media source they tried to contact me on was a land line telephone that I keep because it's cheap ($36? a year) peace of mind for 911 access. I feel like they really need to come into the 21st century, leaving pamphlets on people's door knobs and cold calling them at 7pm on a land line telephone is 1990's campaigning, and it's a total failure.

My 83 year old grand mother is on facebook/the internet with some proficiency, it's time the government caught up.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are arguing both, that the most popular leads away from lunacy, while also arguing that voting is compromised on hand outs? His hand out, is telling you what you want to hear, so his ratings remain high.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    You're making this wild assumption that everyone who gets an abortion is a couple that willfully does not use contraception and goes "oops lol" and rushes off to the abortion clinic.

Contraception fails, rape happens, people make mistakes and regret them later. You're also implying that sex is only for baby making... in which case I'll point you to contraception can fail.
    Please, again, for the last time before I put you on ignore, read what I wrote and not what you think I wrote. I did not assume anything. Contraception can break, yes. Please look at the number of unwanted pregnancies vs the number of times a contraception has failed. It's so small that it's a non-issue.

I did not imply sex was only for baby making. You implied that. A baby is one result of sex. For future reference, assume I imply nothing. If I make an assumption, I will say it.
    There is absolutely nothing about having lots and lots of sex that means you're going to have a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    ok I'm back to confuse all you pro abortion advocates that feebly defend the right to kill the unborn because your heartless robotic false argument of because a fetus isn't human because it lacks proper brain activity

I want you to Google Nicholas Coke the baby that was born without a brain just a brain stem he lived to be two years old.

So according to the justification of the pro abortionist to kill the unborn argument Nicholas Coke was not human he did not meet any of the pro abortion criteria to be human. So i would like to ask why was he given a birth certificate? why was he allowed to receive Medicaid? why was he allowed to be filled as a dependent on his parents tax return? when have you ever herd a non human being allowed to do any of that ?

And if it is true he wasn't human could the mother have killed him anytime after his birth and not get charged with murder

So have fun explaining Nicholas Coke away I'm waiting for some of you to argue he wasn't human and didn't deserve any rights as a human do you really want to show how morbid cruel and heartless you are just to keep justifying abortion
    Why did he die?

10+ Year Old Account
    "What do Republicans have to do to become relevant again?"

They have to use their fucking brains!

Infracted: Please refrain from being insulting towards people who don't politically agree with you.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-02-25 at 11:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want you to google ways to perform an abortion, without a clinic. Instead of focusing on emotional bull shit, how about we focus on what illegal abortions are.

I am of the mind that being socially conservative really won't be that big of a deal. Do I agree with gay marriage? No but does the fact I don't agree with it make it wrong? No. My concern is that people are more focused on social issues and not fiscal ones. Pro choice pro immigration pro gay marriage. It all gets passed. What now? I just can't vote on social issues. Even if I was gay I would still have to lean right because of the fiscal ramifications of going left. My 2 cents.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a branding thing. I don't personality don't think he's a lunatic or that crazy, but right now, he is an icon of the Republican party, and that's bad.

Look at the icons of the Democratic party: Obama, Hillary Clinton, Oprah Winfrey, Ben Affleck, John Kerry, Joe Biden, Michelle Obama, John Stuart
    Look at the icons of the Republican party: Rush Limbaugh, Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann, Bill O'Reilley, Todd Akins, Paul Ryan*, Mitt Romney*, John Boehner*

Now, rate all of those people on professionalism, positive attitude, overall values, intelligence, public speaking, etc. Who wins? Democrats. With the exception of Romney/Ryan/Boehner, the others famous Republicans just aren't "cool" or "progressive."

I don't have any problem with what Rush Limbaugh says, but I do have a problem when he is one of the "faces" of the party. In his case in particular, the only way to fix that is to get total severance.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    You are arguing both, that the most popular leads away from lunacy, while also arguing that voting is compromised on hand outs? His hand out, is telling you what you want to hear, so his ratings remain high.
    So either a majority of the people that listen to radio are lunatics, or he has common ideas. Which is it?

10+ Year Old Account

So according to the justification of the pro abortionist to kill the unborn argument Nicholas Coke was not human he did not meet any of the pro abortion criteria to be human. So i would like to ask why was he given a birth certificate? why was he allowed to receive Medicaid? why was he allowed to be filed as a dependent on his parents tax return? when have you ever herd a non human being allowed to do any of that ?

He had anencephaly.

Most mothers are given the option of aborting if the fetus is diagnosed with this, because the condition is invariably fatal, usually after only a few days after birth. So I'm really not sure what your argument is, here. There's a pretty significant movement that does argue that anencephalic babies are effectively dead, due to the lack of cortical activity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is republican ideology that making something illegal, not removing the problem, only true for guns? It obviously doesn't extend to abortion, because here we are arguing when life begins, instead of what illegal abortion means. If they can understand it when it comes to guns, where is the disconnect that removes abortion from this effect?

Have you forgotten the Sandra Fluke slut-shaming issue, where he called her a slut and a prostitute on the air, because she supported birth control being covered under health care.

And the reason she was arguing for that was because a friend of hers had PCOS and birth control pills are the standard treatment to prevent the growth of cysts.

Just to pick one unconscionable example from dozens of others over his career.
    He's a radio host that speaks to his audience, why anyone is surprised that he is successful is beyond me. The world is chock full of people who love to pay to listen to or watch people who share their opinions, no matter how narrow minded.

I find it interesting that Sandra Fluke can't afford to pay for birth control (something that you can buy for $4 a month at nationwide retailers) but can afford to attend a $40k plus a year university. I bet she spends more than $4 a day on coffee/water while on campus.

10+ Year Old Account
    So either a majority of the people that listen to radio are lunatics, or he has common ideas. Which is it?
    Appeal to popularity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Majority of radio listeners are entertained by him. He is entertaining, because he gives his audience what they want to hear. If you think he is a lunatic, it doesn't mean you will stop listening to him. It doesn't even mean they ave common ideas, they simply find him entertaining enough to listen. If I think he is a lunatic, it is an absurd leap in judgment to assume the same of his listeners.

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 10:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post

I find it interesting that Sandra Fluke can't afford to pay for birth control (something that you can buy for $4 a month at nationwide retailers) but can afford to attend a $40k plus a year university. I bet she spends more than $4 a day on coffee/water while on campus.
    Maybe she can afford it, just like most college kids... With a loan they will be paying for the next 10 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's a radio host that speaks to his audience, why anyone is surprised that he is successful is beyond me. The world is chock full of people who love to pay to listen to or watch people who share their opinions, no matter how narrow minded.

Seriously, stop listening to Rush.

1> She was there on behalf of the entire female student body, and in particular a friend with PCOS, not herself.
    2> When you're going into massive debt to attend university, additional hundreds or thousands a year for birth control is not a reasonable burden. And no, you can't just buy birth control for $4/month. Most birth control pills are prescription, and for certain illnesses (particularly PCOS), you need specific types, which aren't the cheaper ones. My ex-wife had PCOS, and even in Canada, it cost us $30/month or more.

If you don't understand even the basic facts of the situation, you're not helping.

10+ Year Old Account

Both you and Rush (and most of the country, apparently) appear to have comprehension issues.

Fluke didn't need it, a friend of her's did.