Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    To add on to this, the Spurlock me ate a large Big Mac meal 3 times a day (overconsumption up the butt). The Big Mac meal is straight up carbs carbs carbs and oil oil oil.

Had the dude balanced it with some vegetables (McDonalds has salads) as well as high meat (preferably non-fried) the result would have been much different.

I'm sure the only requirement was to eat at McDonalds, without overeating like the Spurlock dude did, which was basically 3 large meals a day.
    Right, the only things that Spurlock demonstrated are that he's a spectacularly disingenuous douche and that eating an insane amount of calories does in fact result in weight gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Right, the only things that Spurlock demonstrated are that he's a spectacularly disingenuous douche and that eating an insane amount of calories does in fact result in weight gain.
    That aside, he's very good at making entertaining documentaries.

Quote Originally Posted by MC ALPACA FLAYME View Post
    That aside, he's very good at making entertaining documentaries.
    Entertaining but not scientific or completely accurate, kind of like entertainment news or tabloid (journalistic accuracy need not apply). The Supersize Me documentary borders on slander. Its not quite slander because it doesn't outright say things that are false, but leads feeble minds to believe McDonalds is equivalent to the devil.

The problem with Supersize Me as a documentary is that documentaries are expected to be as accurate as possible where as Supersize Me does pretty much the opposite of that. Supersize Me is more of a political statement against McDonalds rather than a video intended to inform.

Deleted
    documentaries are expected to be as accurate as possible
    Not entirely true. Anything can happen in the editing room, making the documentary reflect a specific view for example.

The problem with Supersize Me as a documentary is that documentaries are expected to be as accurate as possible where as Supersize Me does pretty much the opposite of that. Supersize Me is more of a political statement against McDonalds rather than a video intended to inform.
    Sure you saw the same movie? The vibes I was getting was about obesity in the US, and how dietary choice such as McDonalds contributes to that because people usually don't exercise enough or eat little enough to offset the caloric intake. The two longest parts of the film were about America's infatuation with food, and terrible food starting off at a young age. The parts where he just eats McDonalds and gains weight is the entertainment aspect, and it was entertaining if inaccurate.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty interesting new info right there!

I guess I'll be eating some tangerines/oranges during breakfast from now on!

Lost 15 kilos since the beginning of January and at 120 kilos now... 10 more kilos to go for mah target-weight

I regularly eat double cheeseburgers from McDonalds, minus the bun (2x burgers = ~600 cals, % profile = ~8%c, 27%p, 65%f) and still lose weight.

A calorie is a calorie. Just because something derives its energy from glucose, Amino acid or lipids does not mean it suddenly is able to breach the law of thermodynamics...

How about.. you BURN more calories then you EAT. You do not necessarily need to exercise regularly to accomplish this, since your body burns calories all day. Your weight loss will be much more rapid, and you can eat more, if you do find time to slip in some regular cardiovascular exercise.

So to start out you want to try to drop your caloric intake by 400-500 calories. This will most likely get your burning more then you eat.. unless you are rapidly gaining weight right now, which means you are taking in a LOT more then you burn. If this is the case you need to get more drastic, but for now 400-500 fewer calories per day should do.

"Fat burning Foods" "Fat burning pills" Hahahahaaha.. fat - burning - burning - ing