Thread: Playing the AH

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Playing the AH

When it comes to playing the Ah, what is working for you now? I used to do this very well, but lately(and maybe this is just my realm) but things are just dead

Quote Originally Posted by kruor View Post
    When it comes to playing the Ah, what is working for you now? I used to do this very well, but lately(and maybe this is just my realm) but things are just dead
    Gems has always done it for me, but when i get sick of standing in the citys all day undercutting ppl every 5min i tend to look on the hord AH and buy everything i can sell for a profit on the alliance side, or vice verca.
    Darkmoon Fair cards is one of the things that you can pull in some nice profit on.

If your playing at late hour, you can always go "fishing" as i call it, by that i mean putting out ores for less then nothing. When the bots throws out all their ores on AH, they tend to not see what the current price is, and some times you can get 50-300 stacks of ores for 1c each stack.

Gems, Enchants, Glyphs, Transmog all do well for me still.

I flip items for gold and shuffle ore most of the time for a decent income.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

Deleted
    Personally Enchant are always a big seller! but when 5.2 lands, Enchants gems and belt buckles will be huge! Just think what you buy each time you get an upgrade. Chances are there are 100's more like you wanting to buy the same. Search for me in google if you need more gold tips or advice

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not so sure about yor server, but I've been back for about a month, started from broke, and now have around 100k gold. Slow money might not seem like much but if you limit your spending, it builds up quickly

Herbs/Ore are the only thing I really Flip as I'm always certain to move them for a profit.

Buy them when the bots stick up 100+ stacks then sell them when prices have recovered.

Save up your Ghost Iron Ore, and buy it all out now while the prices are low. It's going to skyrocket in 5.2 with the new catchup mechanic.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clampz View Post
    Save up your Ghost Iron Ore, and buy it all out now while the prices are low. It's going to skyrocket in 5.2 with the new catchup mechanic.
    This is good advice. I have been buying up stocks in preparation for the Trillium requirements for the next stage of the legendary quest (transmuting them).

Prices for the ore are allready rapidly increasing on my server.

You really don't expect a skyrocket do you? I mean plenty of people have hoarded tons of it and the amount that will flood the market with the new patch, i expect a even or lower (not that many people will be leveling BS)
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    You really don't expect a skyrocket do you? I mean plenty of people have hoarded tons of it and the amount that will flood the market with the new patch, i expect a even or lower (not that many people will be leveling BS)
    I'm sure there will be a slight dip in value when the patch hits, because of exactly what you said, the hoarders are going to offload their inventory. But after that dip (when the hoarders sell out of their stock) we will see a rise back up to, in my opinion, at least 1.5x the current market price. Increased demand with no sustainable increase in supply.

I'm sure there will be a slight dip in value when the patch hits, because of exactly what you said, the hoarders are going to offload their inventory. But after that dip (when the hoarders sell out of their stock) we will see a rise back up to, in my opinion, at least 1.5x the current market price. Increased demand with no sustainable increase in supply.
    Well on my realm its at a pretty decent price of 100g for a stack of 20 bars. Although that 2 stacks of ore which can easily prospect for more than that for raw gems unless your pure unlucky, even if it goes to 150 a stack for bars its pretty even with prospecting and more competition. (Although i guess no biggie for us who have an alch who can trans to Trilium bars which this may make the price rise on tril and living steel)
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Deleted
    On my servers ore is under 1g a piece, bars are like 2,5g a piece.. OH man my bank alts are full of Ghost Ores, Bars, Trilliums.. Trillium Bars go for 25g per, which i think will go to about 35g per bar in 5.2. Also stockpiling on Living Steel, buying out every under 315g.

Too bad my gold is stuck on items, gotta stop hoarding soonish..

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    On my servers ore is under 1g a piece, bars are like 2,5g a piece.. OH man my bank alts are full of Ghost Ores, Bars, Trilliums.. Trillium Bars go for 25g per, which i think will go to about 35g per bar in 5.2. Also stockpiling on Living Steel, buying out every under 315g.

Too bad my gold is stuck on items, gotta stop hoarding soonish..
    What realm are you on? Thats super low or atleast half the price of mine.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    What realm are you on? Thats super low or atleast half the price of mine.
    Stormreaver horde. Prices are starting to climb up, the botters and others seem to know that its wise to sell in 5.2, not now.

I check undermine journal for my realm every 1-2 hours and re-auction low posted stuff (yay for wow-eu website auction house lol). I've made 30k in the past 10 days this way. Mostly gear though.

i craft and sell greyshadow lw gear and dmf cards which is about 20k/week.

I was in the same postion as you op low pop realm and have little volume movement, I would be stocking up for the new patch in a few days as people will be starting normals (tho to be fair not many people will be unless they were decently the way through HoF/terrace), and lfr starts the week after, even low pop servers will start to see an increase in sales cause of new content

Making money on the AH really has to do with your individual server economy, if you have some free time and are really interested in making money, surf around the AH just looking at prices of the common trade goods ( ores, herbs, gems etc) and see what is going for the best price and how easy it would be to obtain a decent amount of it and plan for future riches accordingly