Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Patch should be on the 5th of march.

Quote Originally Posted by kuruptkb View Post
    1-2 weeks after arena is over is my guess
    New seasons tend to start 1 week after a major patch, but previous seasons have almost always ended with that patch.

Season 8 End corresponded with patch 4.0.1
    Season 9 Ended with launch of patch 4.2.0
    Season 10 Ended with launch of patch 4.3.0
    Season 11 Ended with launch of patch 5.0.4
    Season 12 Presumably ends with launch of patch 5.2.0

http://www.wowpedia.org/Season_1

The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by RemJay24 View Post
    The original plan was the last week of February (the 26th for U.S.). But many people were upset over the sudden release date, thus a blue responded with saying, "if you dumped all your valor; you'll be able to cap again before 5.2" (not an actual quote - but that is what I remember hearing). Which brought the release date to the 12th or 19th, or even later.

So - to be sure I don't screw up my last few items I can upgrade with valor... just want to be sure if this sounds correct:

Feb. 26th is no longer the release date.

The 5th is not likely

And anything after that is fair game.

sound right?
    Definately on a Tuesday

Starcraft 2 HOTS comes out March 12th and arena season ends march 5th so March 5th is 100% all but confirmed as the release date they will release it buggy if they have to but it will be the 5th and honestly from PTR everything is ready to drop atm other than some final tuning on LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by RemJay24 View Post
    The original plan was the last week of February (the 26th for U.S.). But many people were upset over the sudden release date, thus a blue responded with saying, "if you dumped all your valor; you'll be able to cap again before 5.2" (not an actual quote - but that is what I remember hearing). Which brought the release date to the 12th or 19th, or even later.

So - to be sure I don't screw up my last few items I can upgrade with valor... just want to be sure if this sounds correct:

Feb. 26th is no longer the release date.

The 5th is not likely
    There was never an original plan for it to be the 26th. Just that's when everyone thought it should be. The only announcement close to it is the PvP ending on March 5th. Generally patches either hit on that day or the week after.

So as for what you asked. 26th definitely won't be a patch. Anything 5th and beyond is possible for a patch and I would expect 5th if you are attempting to upgrade stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    There was never an original plan for it to be the 26th. Just that's when everyone thought it should be. The only announcement close to it is the PvP ending on March 5th. Generally patches either hit on that day or the week after.

So as for what you asked. 26th definitely won't be a patch. Anything 5th and beyond is possible for a patch and I would expect 5th if you are attempting to upgrade stuff.
    Sorry to interrupt but blue clearly said that the target date for patch is 26th, however, that was delayed already in the next morning.

So original plan was 26th.

Don't have source at hand, someone can probably link it soonish.

The 5th is most likely as arena seasons ending has been on patch days for almost 2 xpacs now. They could potentially push it back to March 19th but I very much doubt they will and the 12th is pretty much impossible, there is basically zero chance they would release a patch and Heart of the Swarm on the same day.

Deleted
    I'm expecting it on the 5th also, but didn't they say they would give us two weeks notice? There has still been no official announcement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    I'm expecting it on the 5th also, but didn't they say they would give us two weeks notice? There has still been no official announcement.
    That's what I'm also wondering. But then again you need to guess what 2 week notice means. Is it official statement announcement of the patch date or what. Anyway, if we don't hear anything before the end of this week I really doubt it goes live on 5th.

However, I too vote for the 5th at least for now.

One thing its for sure it wont be on the 12th, the patch isnt comming the same day as Starcaft thatd kill bnet (Starcraft alone will kill bnet). So its either 5th or 19th most likely 5th, Id prefer 19th caus eblizz is simply rushing too many things to try to reach the 5th deadline, everything on the PTR is beeing done in these rgeat big waves of testing. That cant work out too well.

They did say theyd give us a two weeks notice but maybe they think te end of season anouncement was the 2 weeks notice.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2013-02-25 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorant View Post
    Sorry to interrupt but blue clearly said that the target date for patch is 26th, however, that was delayed already in the next morning.

So original plan was 26th.

Don't have source at hand, someone can probably link it soonish.
    The original post everyone is referring to was a tweet by Bashiok if I am not mistaken. Zarhym made a statement about it on the You Can Keep Your Valor Point thread where he said:

Originally Posted by Zarhym
    There was no announced patch date. Bashiok simply said yesterday morning that "we’re targeting the last week of February."

Check out his tweet from today on the subject.
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkdepot View Post
    The original post everyone is referring to was a tweet by Bashiok if I am not mistaken. Zarhym made a statement about it on the You Can Keep Your Valor Point thread where he said:

There was no announced patch date. Bashiok simply said yesterday morning that "we’re targeting the last week of February."

Check out his tweet from today on the subject.
    Thank you for backing me up when I was lazy

Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    Two weeks from the end of PvP season post is what he said, so March 5th.

Originally Posted by Vaneras
    I cannot yet say if it will be this week or not, because there is still some preparation that needs to be done before the patch is ready for launch, but it should be quite soon now :-)
    Kind of hints at 26th, but I guess the US would know by now.

Quote Originally Posted by ninepointseven View Post
    I cannot yet say if it will be this week or not, because there is still some preparation that needs to be done before the patch is ready for launch, but it should be quite soon now :-)
    I don't think they necessarily would, I would imagine the login screen gets updated sometime today. We would have seen a release candidate PTR build though.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont think it will be this week, probably next week > and thats fast enough imo.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Secrecy View Post
    Two weeks from the end of PvP season post is what he said, so March 5th.
    I cant find a link, but I am sure I remember reading a blue post saying we would have 2 weeks solid notice of the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherInternetOpinion View Post
    Definately on a Tuesday
    Heh, while very funny, Rain Man wouldn't have misspelled "definitely."

Quote Originally Posted by ninepointseven View Post
    Its definetly not the 26th because they wont test 12 heroic 25 man bosses on 1 day and they still havent anounced anythign if it was tomorrow itd have been anounced already. It can be 5th I think its rushed but its the most likely date since it coincides with the end of PvP season and that will configure a 2 weeks notice since end of PvP season anouncement was last week. It wont be 12th because thatd be together with Starcraft release and they arent crazy enought to overtax bnet this much in the same day. Basiclay if its not 5th its gona be the 19th theres realy no other possible dates.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    No.
    HotS releases then and I would be VERY impressed if Blizzard manages to keep bnet stable with 2 major releases at the same time for them.
    Battlelog of EA/Dice handled a release of BF3: B2K and SW: ToR on the same day.