Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Can someone please explain to stupid ol' me what the problem is with tagging?

A lot of the times Blizzard tries to do something "cool" and "helpful" they temper it with idiocy. They could have made rares phased by server. They could have left PvP servers out of CRZ. They could have made this feature, you know, NOT add five million health per person trying to "help." Or just not give the mobs such a ridiculous amount of health to begin with, so adding 50% isn't such a big deal.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahela View Post
    Sure it's open to griefing, but it's still infinitely better than the old system, which was just as open to griefing.
    I'm sorry, what?

How so? You tagged it, it was your problem. It didn't grow in health/difficulty as someone else hit it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    I'm sorry, what?

How so? You tagged it, it was your problem. It didn't grow in health/difficulty as someone else hit it.
    becuase other people tried to do everything that you wouldnt succeed. They trained mobs on you, they taunted mob from you and reset it.
    Now you will get help, you will get heal, this change is only beneficial.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    becuase other people tried to do everything that you wouldnt succeed. They trained mobs on you, they taunted mob from you and reset it.
    This.
    Also, I'd rather deal with 50% extra health than have to sit at the spawn points and spam /cast macros for hours because there are at least 5 other people doing the same/spamming AoE to insta-tag them.

Besides, as someone mentioned already - it would always be worth a try to open a ticket if someone does that.
    It really is a shame that Blizzard implements a good idea and the first thing people have to worry about is griefing...either some are greatly paranoid, or it really shows how far the community has come (in a very negative way).

WoW is behind on this MMO feature. All MMOs released since Warhammer Online have public mobs.

15+ Year Old Account
    The new rare spawns have 10m HP or more. Having someone run up and hit it to add 5m HP and then sit back and do nothing... isn't going to happen all that much. People are way too paranoid. 5m more HP isn't going to suddenly make you not be able to kill the mob. If you can't kill it with 5m you most likely weren't going to kill it with 10m either.

The most likely scenario that you're going to see 99.99% of the time is anyone who joins in is going to help and down that thing ASAP so as few people as possible can join in.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    Blizzard gives players cool way to help each other in the game, and people call it a new way for griefing,
    I lost fate in humanity.
    Because blizz screwed it up. I keep checking on this thread and still cant see a single post on why increased HP per attacker is a good thing. It's just isnt, there's nothing positive or useful in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    See someone tag a rare mob, tap it once to give it 50% more health, sit back & watch.
    Just shows me this is something the OP would do. Guess what "IF" somebody tags it to grief me I'll simply just sit back and stop my dps. Make sure I only do enough to keep myself alive (DK) and sooner or later that person will leave the area or even better get a que for his LFR/LFG/BG/ETC.... and I'm pretty sure blizzards free loot system will have a range on it.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    Just shows me this is something the OP would do. Guess what "IF" somebody tags it to grief me I'll simply just sit back and stop my dps. Make sure I only do enough to keep myself alive (DK) and sooner or later that person will leave the area or even better get a que for his LFR/LFG/BG/ETC.... and I'm pretty sure blizzards free loot system will have a range on it.
    As a hunter you can feign death to make it aggro on them for the lols.

But really, if you are going to do that It would be faster just to kill it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    And this is the part where the griefer has won. You are doing exactly what he expects you to do, waste your time and effort to get back at him (he doesnt care) when his real objective was to disturb you TO BEGIN WITH. Yeah he will leave sooner or later but before that sooner or later comes, you are losing time just to prove a point nobody gives a damn about.

It's a catch 22 no matter how you bend it.

If you react to the griefer by dropping aggro, he will disengage as well and continue to do so on next mob you do. You flame him, you give him attention, griefer wins.
    If you dont react to the griefer by not dropping aggro, he will continue to tag same mobs as you and keep on increasing their HP, making you do more and still earn a reward on top of your effort. You dont flame him, you feed him, griefer wins.

Some of you people underestimate how pathethic humans (real life) can be.
    Last edited by mmocac96309fe0; 2013-03-01 at 05:21 PM.