Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Just curious, why not get 3000 before the patch instead of 2000? You can still get your 1000 points the first week of the patch.
    The Raid rep has a reward at neutral. Which as most rewards often do, cost more than 1000 points to buy.

So assuming you had 3k going into the patch, after getting your neutral reward item which i think is 1250 points, you would now have 1750, and would now have 1750 points, and after capping for the week you would end on 2750. Where as if you went in with 2000, you would have 750, and at the end of the week be at 1750.

That would make it much easier to pick up your next upgrade as you had more points. This is still true if the neutral reward item costs more than 1250 points.
    You got me thinking, will the LFr or Normal even open on patch day?, or will we at least be able to just "talk" to one of them to get neutral rep?

15+ Year Old Account
    Anybody know how big of an upgrade that trinket is from upgraded carbuncle? I have had no luck with trinkets and I figured that would be the best upgrade along with bracers.

Quote Originally Posted by maxalyss View Post
    You got me thinking, will the LFr or Normal even open on patch day?, or will we at least be able to just "talk" to one of them to get neutral rep?
    You get neutral just by talking to the Quartermaster at the entrance of the raid instance itself. LFR probably opens like all others this expansion, 1 week after for first 4 bosses and 3 LFRs (although I recall that they want to make it 4 LFRs, so 3 each).

And yes, you will get friendly by just killing the first boss on normal mode, this was stated with a blue post. Which means Neck at Neutral, Trinket/Ring/Bracers at Friendly.

Edit: MMo frontpage; according to a recent interview even the first LFR section will open "several weeks" after 5.2 release.
    Last edited by Pickwickman; 2013-03-01 at 11:33 AM.

You get rep by killing trash until you reach 2999/3000.

I killed one boss in lfr the other day and only got 300 rep, so without doing trash you will not get Friendly just from killing one boss. So it sounds like trash farming and then the first boss should work.
    <Uchirosan> Day 1 Prot Warrior
    Obsidium of Thrall 7/7M Highmaul 9/10M Blackrock Foundry

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rosan/advanced

I don't think the rep is the same in lfr as it is on normal. He killed it on normal and earned friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    I don't think the rep is the same in lfr as it is on normal. He killed it on normal and earned friendly.
    Rep in LFR is the same amount as in normal/heroic I'd imagine. There will already be significant Rep level differences between LFR only and people who do normal/heroics as LFR will be more staggered in release. Most likely uchiro did not get 2700 rep from trash before killing the first boss.