South Korea elected the very first female president

Do you guys think she will be able to calm down the tense relations with North Korea, or is shit hitting the fan because she might not be well respected by the NK government simply because she's a woman?

http://www.dw.de/south-koreas-first-...ice/a-16625486

Note that she's the daughter of the president who's responsible for South Korea's economic and technological growth, and many many South Korean people trust her.

I think she's going to have an impact like Angela Merkel. Women seem to have some kind of special authority in politics if they have such a high status.

Discuss.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2013-02-25 at 01:09 PM.

Maybe she'll seduce Kim and usher in a new era of peace.

Just getting that joke out of the way early on.

I really dont think North Korea cares much...

Deleted
    The North will no doubt think she'll be easy to bully and push over, I can see them trying to antagonise South Korea a lot more in the coming years.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    ..responsible for North Korea's economic and technological growth...
    Wat. I think you meant to say South.
    Anyways, good to see another woman head-of-the-state. I don't think the North Korean elite will be stupid enough to not take her seriously just because of her gender, even if only for what and who she represents.

we a female prime minister here in australia, its not that great, maybe this one will do better
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's keep in mind the situation that South Korea is in. The gender of their leader honestly doesn't matter. Only that he/she has an unbreakable resolve, and massive balls of steel. Worrying about social barriers is a luxury for nations who aren't under constant threat of invasion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    we a female prime minister here in australia, its not that great, maybe this one will do better
    Great Goddess Thatcher and Angel Merkel have both done magnificently, so I think the trend is more towards good generally Besides, at least Julia Gillard makes a lot of brits laugh (not at her - in a good way, for putting her foot down about immigration mainly).
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    Wat. I think you meant to say South.
    Anyways, good to see another woman head-of-the-state. I don't think the North Korean elite will be stupid enough to not take her seriously just because of her gender, even if only for what and who she represents.
    Oh yeah... sorry, big brain lag from my side.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Maybe she'll seduce Kim and usher in a new era of peace.

Just getting that joke out of the way early on.
    He is already taken, would end up in a korean cat fight... o_x
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    1. I don't think the North Korea leadership will care. South Korea is still their long lost territory in their mind. And they have illusions of grandeour, but just because the president of South Korea has a different gender doesn't mean a thing.
    2. So what if she's the daughter of the president responsible for South Korea's economical and technological growth? Is she him? No? Then the argument falls flat on its face. This is like that argument "you know who my father/mother is? he/she is a famous [insert something important here]!" So what? Nobody is their father or mother so I don't give a shit what her father did, I care what she does.
    3. Women are not better then men in politics. They have their good members and their bad ones, same as men. The only issue here is that for a long time men shunned women from politics, even the good ones. But you can't know if South Korea's new president is going to be an Angela Merkel or a bad leader.