Deleted

Prot Pally Gold Coin Rolls in 5.2

Anyone know if we'll be able to get haste gear from coin rolls in 5.2? Just trying to come up with a gearing strategy for tanking (bribing guild to let me roll on haste gear EVEN if our retri also wants it....)

GC has recognised that it is desirable gear so was hoping they'd fix the rather obvious looting deficiency for our class/role.

Deleted
    When the patch releases we should just be able to go into the dungeon journal and sort loot by protection paladin and we will get our answer.

That said, it will still probably be desirable to roll as retri on most of the fights.

Deleted
    anything with haste or crit is not on the prot loot table on PTR. this includes pieces with mastery+haste.
    so, in all likelihood, we're going to have to respec for bonus rolls.
    Last edited by mmocc23bbb0a5f; 2013-02-25 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Anyone know if we'll be able to get haste gear from coin rolls in 5.2? Just trying to come up with a gearing strategy for tanking (bribing guild to let me roll on haste gear EVEN if our retri also wants it....)

GC has recognised that it is desirable gear so was hoping they'd fix the rather obvious looting deficiency for our class/role.
    Your gonna have to respec after fight to roll As Ive heard that works. Haven't tried it myself. Honestly though atleast at the start id save coins for tier pieces as offset pieces will probably be easier to come by earlier than tier. and the 2 set damage smoothing is really good. I havn't been able to test the 4 set myself on the ptr but acording to slootbag from his stream he was really a fan of it on some fights so id think rushing 4 set will be best way to go over trying to get offset pieces with coins.

Deleted
    yep i know you can currently respec during role to get access to different gear, was hoping that theyd actually let us coin roll for gear we actually want to tank with come 5.2 though (my os is holy btw).

Deleted
    The problem of course arises when say a boss drops 2 retri pieces that are good and 2 prot pieces but neither are good.

If you could get the retri pieces as prot, then you would have 2/4 chance of getting an item that you even want, so it would still be benefitial to reroll retri in most cases

I often switch off specs specs between holy and ret just depending if I want to extra roll on something special.

I only think that I done one extra roll as prot this entire tier :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    The problem of course arises when say a boss drops 2 retri pieces that are good and 2 prot pieces but neither are good.

If you could get the retri pieces as prot, then you would have 2/4 chance of getting an item that you even want, so it would still be benefitial to reroll retri in most cases

I often switch off specs specs between holy and ret just depending if I want to extra roll on something special.

I only think that I done one extra roll as prot this entire tier :P
    Shield or sha weapon?

Deleted
    Shield or sha weapon?
    Actually amber-shaper weapon. And I got it! (wanted token aswell)

Was sitting on blue weapon forever, was grinding my gears.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-02-25 at 03:12 PM.

Deleted
    I remember reading Blizzard wanting to improve the loot distribution system for LFR so that one can choose which spec he will get loot for regardless of the spec he plays so that you can que and play as any spec you want. I hope that would work with rolls as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Respeccing during the roll works? Awesome. Didn't know that.

Deleted

Why dont you respec if its on the dps table ? i works perfectly fine like that