Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Kirin Tor staying relevant

As we have seen through wotlk the kirin tor we're definitely relevant in that expansion, in cataclysm they faded away and now they've popped back up.

My question is, will the Kirin Tor continue to stay relevant? With Jaina as the leader it points to that direction. But for how long? I love the kirin tor, infact they should be in every expansion because they are important..But will they? And what is the fate of the kirin tor now that it has sided alliance for the time being. Will it ever go neutral again or are we going to see the kirin tor stay alliance as a huge power on the alliances side.

So many questions.

Seeing as how the Cenarion Circle has 3 satellite organisations with Emerald Circle, Cenarion Expedition and Guardians of Hyjal, I can see the Kirin Tor staying relevant since they are an important part of the story. It will arguably have new iterations in any following expansion and if the Sunreavers remain split, they will be the faction-based companion organisation.

My guess is that Thrall will come back for Siege of Ogrimmar (not necessarily to be Warchief, but just to be there) and he'll convince Jaina to let the Horde back into the Kirin Tor.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    My guess is that Thrall will come back for Siege of Ogrimmar (not necessarily to be Warchief, but just to be there) and he'll convince Jaina to let the Horde back into the Kirin Tor.
    Yeah, but I'm not the the horde actually wants to go back, you know, with how many sunreavers and their friends got slaughtered...

Quote Originally Posted by gannimor View Post
    Yeah, but I'm not the the horde actually wants to go back, you know, with how many sunreavers and their friends got slaughtered...
    Probably nowhere near as many as Alliance were lost in Theramore, or could've been lost if the Divine Bell were used against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Probably nowhere near as many as Alliance were lost in Theramore, or could've been lost if the Divine Bell were used against them.
    The only people in danger from the Divine Bell were the Horde. Seriously, if the Alliance hadn't interfered, you'd all be standing around going "Where did the Horde go? They all vanished, their cities are covered in these black ooze monsters wandering around aimlessly."

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    I would disagree.

I honestly believe that Blizzard deliberately set out to reestablish Dalaran as an Alliance-only kingdom. Their neutrality was controversial from the start and only ever really made sense in the context of the Nexus War. If anything it's more surprising it took until the first patch of MoP for Dalaran to reassert itself as an Alliance faction.

Even if relations between the Alliance and Horde significantly improve down the road, it's abundantly clear that when push comes to shove the Kirin Tor will back the Alliance. Meaning it's unlikely the Horde will ever return to Dalaran in significant numbers even if they are invited back. At best Jaina will release the remaining Sunreavers from the Violet Hold as part of a broader truce (can't have prisoners of war if there is no war after all) between the Alliance and Horde, and they will go to Silvermoon rather then stick around in Dalaran.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    /shrug. So? Is this a number count for who has less pieces left on a chess board? The sunreavers were killed and imprisoned, why should they be forgiving if Jaina is allowed to reap bloody vengence for theramore?

They're more relevant than the draenei.

I'd like the Kirin Tor to stay relevant, they were always an influential kingdom, I mean just look at Nethergarde Keep.

What I want now is for a Horde Equivalent, open up the Sunreavers or something to mages of other Horde races.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    /shrug. So? Is this a number count for who has less pieces left on a chess board? The sunreavers were killed and imprisoned, why should they be forgiving if Jaina is allowed to reap bloody vengence for theramore?
    Who said they should. Just remember Jaina's little police action has been the first time the Alliance has ever taken a bloodbath in Horde. It's a shame it was clueless Kirin Tor Sunreavers and not a bunch of Orcs in Kalimdor.

The only people in danger from the Divine Bell were the Horde. Seriously, if the Alliance hadn't interfered, you'd all be standing around going "Where did the Horde go? They all vanished, their cities are covered in these black ooze monsters wandering around aimlessly."
    Even if the Alliance never suffered (which isn't true; supposedly there is an atrocity still to come where more Alliance are destroyed in a horrible manner by the Horde, as per Metzen or someone on cdev), we'd still have to clean up the mess...

Who said they should. Just remember Jaina's little police action has been the first time the Alliance has ever taken a bloodbath in Horde. It's a shame it was clueless Kirin Tor Sunreavers and not a bunch of Orcs in Kalimdor.

Even if the Alliance never suffered (which isn't true; supposedly there is an atrocity still to come where more Alliance are destroyed in a horrible manner by the Horde, as per Metzen or someone on cdev), we'd still have to clean up the mess...
    I thought Theramore was the big one. Are you absolutely sure they weren't talking about theramore?

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    I thought Theramore was the big one. Are you absolutely sure they weren't talking about theramore?
    ya they specifically mentioned it happening *in* Pandaria. Divine Bell wasn't it, so we'll see what it is... Im not looking forward to it at all. The Alliance needs another massacre like lung cancer patients need cigarettes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping it'll stay in the spotlight so we get some more time to really see Vereesa. I wasn't pleased as a mainly Horde player that we didn't get to see a lot of her story. I really like the storyline of the Windrunner sisters even if I don't really like them individually (except Alleria because it's Alleria and I want her ass back already).

I'd also be interested in seeing the Kirin Tor go full Alliance (forever) just for the sake of an interesting conflict arc - and to see what faction might go Horde to compensate.
    Last edited by Uennie; 2013-02-25 at 07:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    I'd like the Kirin Tor to stay relevant, they were always an influential kingdom, I mean just look at Nethergarde Keep.

What I want now is for a Horde Equivalent, open up the Sunreavers or something to mages of other Horde races.
    I don't think horde needs an equivalent, I believe the kirin tor as alliance is replacing theramore on a much larger scale is all. Kind of a way for alliance to gain back some lead-way where horde has been taking over and the center of the spot light, it is alliances time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I don't think horde needs an equivalent, I believe the kirin tor as alliance is replacing theramore on a much larger scale is all. Kind of a way for alliance to gain back some lead-way where horde has been taking over and the center of the spot light, it is alliances time.
    Didn't think about that. I like it. Interesting angle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like them to.
    Buuuuuut at the same time I want to see our other Human Kingdoms stay relevant more so than the Kirin Tor simply because they've gotten so little attention.
    There is a story to tell with Danath and Stromgarde.
    So on so forth with other Kingdoms such as Gilneas and Kul Tiras.

Im more intrested in why i who are exalted with kirin tor and pretty much helped them with every problem they ever had anywhere, starts with the same reputation with the kirin tor offensive as an alt who never even cared to even visit dalaran. And its not like im unknown to jaina either... i saved her bloody city from a big fish and rooted out traitors nd stuff... Not only that, i also avenged the destruction of dalaran by killing archimonde in hyjal...

Why are we the true heroes of azeroth treaded with such disrespect?! we should be treated as fucking hereos.. with praises song and salutes, we should be starting at exalted in reputation! not being treated like neutral nobody! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    This only works if Dalaran stays "off-screen" because Dalaran is so tremendously larger and better designed than Theramore. It's the equivalent of a capital city. I could see it being a faction hub for the Alliance in a future expansion where the Horde get an equivalent base. I do think it will probably show up during the SoO instance, but not in the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Im more intrested in why i who are exalted with kirin tor and pretty much helped them with every problem they ever had anywhere, starts with the same reputation with the kirin tor offensive as an alt who never even cared to even visit dalaran. And its not like im unknown to jaina either... i saved her bloody city from a big fish and rooted out traitors nd stuff... Not only that, i also avenged the destruction of dalaran by killing archimonde in hyjal...

Why are we the true heroes of azeroth treaded with such disrespect?! we should be treated as fucking hereos.. with praises song and salutes, we should be starting at exalted in reputation! not being treated like neutral nobody! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!
    They felt bad you left them in search for new shiny things, so they don't like you any more.

Don't worry, the defenders/avengers of Hyjal/cenarian circle dudes all felt the same way.