question about dungeon quests

I have been told a couple times that even in old world (BC/WotLK) and Cata, that quests from that dungeon are actually inside, much like new world (cata/mop). Is this true, or do I still have to do chains of quests to get a quest for a dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much all quest givers moved inside yeah. Also for new ones I think, minor exception here and there.

15+ Year Old Account
    They are indeed all inside the instance now. Well, most. I cannot say all for certain. I have not done BC dungeons in a very long time, though I believe they were also revamped. Vanilla is a definite though, they were all revamped in Cataclysm.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

What are the exceptions, do you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

10+ Year Old Account
    There should be no exceptions as of today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    What are the exceptions, do you know?
    I believe there are no exceptions now. Even TBC and Wrath dungeons now have NPCs at the entrance (or an automatic quest prompt upon reaching certain areas) giving not only the old dungeon quests, but sometimes, new ones that award gold and experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

15+ Year Old Account
    My only question mark is BC dungeons, as I have not done any of them since Cataclysm. I do believe, however, that these were revamped to have all of their quests now inside. Your best bet, if you have a character that has not done any of these, is to zone in and take a look around. I did all of these quests ages ago, so I cannot test that theory.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    My only question mark is BC dungeons, as I have not done any of them since Cataclysm. I do believe, however, that these were revamped to have all of their quests now inside. Your best bet, if you have a character that has not done any of these, is to zone in and take a look around. I did all of these quests ages ago, so I cannot test that theory.
    You can indeed. Just get in to see some friendly NPCs at start: they were those that previously gave you the quests outside after a cycle.

There are some dungeon quests in TBC that are at the end of quest chains, but you'd outlevel the quests now if you did the entire chains.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I remember it the quests for the Throne of the Tides (cata) only unlock at the end of a very long quest chain in Vasjr (almost the very end of the zone).
    "Brevity is...wit"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    As I remember it the quests for the Throne of the Tides (cata) only unlock at the end of a very long quest chain in Vasjr (almost the very end of the zone).
    Ah yes, those are indeed the exception. The one and only, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Throne of the Tides and Halls of Origination are the only exceptions that I know of, although certain dungeons have quest-givers placed in strange locations (Auchenai Crypts, for example, has one in the middle of the dungeon for no apparent reason).

10+ Year Old Account
    IIRC, there is still a quest giver in Coilfang Reservior, giving a quest where you need to find 2 NPCs in Underbog and 2 in Slave Pens..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    IIRC, there is still a quest giver in Coilfang Reservior, giving a quest where you need to find 2 NPCs in Underbog and 2 in Slave Pens..
    Nope, they split that quest into two--one in Slave Pens and the other in Underbog.