Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    I believe warlocks have done everything Blood DKs have with maybe the exception of Spine.
    That is one reason I am leveling a warlock, Tired of melee classes and I want a good solo class.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacepunch View Post
    Warlocks and Elemental shamans.
    I just hope you ain't joking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    I just hope you ain't joking.
    Elemental Shamans burst are so freaking insane that they can burn down most bosses in seconds.

Deleted
    And I just started leveling up a warrior. Well, DK it seems to be instead. How good are warriors to solo with?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Elemental Shamans burst are so freaking insane that they can burn down most bosses in seconds.
    Doesn't work too well on later wrath content.

On my ele shammy, every thing in brawler's guild (only soloing I do on him... rest is on my lock) up to GG Engineering fell over really easily. I had a few hiccups along the way (CURSE YOU MILLIE WATT) but the burst coupled with Ancestral Guidance is a pretty insane soloing setup. For 10 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Doesn't work too well on later wrath content.

On my ele shammy, every thing in brawler's guild (only soloing I do on him... rest is on my lock) up to GG Engineering fell over really easily. I had a few hiccups along the way (CURSE YOU MILLIE WATT) but the burst coupled with Ancestral Guidance is a pretty insane soloing setup. For 10 seconds.
    No, after that you need some skill :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Nothing can solo like a Blood DK.

Nothing.
    Jason Derulo

Nah just kidding. Blood DK for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    I believe warlocks have done everything Blood DKs have with maybe the exception of Spine.
    Spine, Ultraxion, Nefarian, Majordomo Staghelm.

One day I'll make an overall compilation on what classes have soloed which bosses... one day (basically compiling all the spreadsheets of each respective class).

Cant go wrong with a blood dk and a bm hunter

Deleted
    Enhance is far better for soloing than elemental (with the odd exception) on cutting edge bosses, and our 5.2 set bonuses will make us even better.

15+ Year Old Account
    anything up to BC content (including sunwell, despite some mechanical shit) can be soloed by almost every class, as long as some good raiding gear is available and you dont try it with 384 greens@lvl 85.

and then, the harder it gets, the better blood DKs become.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Its when you start getting into the tighter damage/enrage timers, such as LK 25 heroic. Ret doesn't have enough self healing to beat the sustained damage, Prot doesn't have enough damage to beat the enrage. Blood DKs have both the healing needed to survive the sustained damage, and the dps to beat the enrage.
    Wrong. Level 90 Prot Paladins can solo 25 Heroic LK. That makes them the third class currently able to solo him.

Blood DK (first did in mostly heroic BiS dps gear and past Enrage, later done by someone in 485 or so gear) > Hunter (nearly full BiS, had to survive past Enrage) > Protection Paladin (nearly full heroic BiS dps gear, still hit enrage).

Next tier Guardian Druid and Brewmaster Monk should be able to solo Heroic 25 LK. Probably doable now but haven't heard anyone that has.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Honestly, it doesn't matter in the slightest unless your goal is to do the most extreme stuff, in which case you wouldn't really be asking such a question to begin with.

Just don't go with mage/rogue or something like that, but anything that is a hunter/warlock/paladin/warrior/monk/dk/druid can just faceroll most old content.
    For Cataclysm bosses, it matters. Even for the non-extreme ones, the difficulty of each encounter may be very different depending on your class. For instance the bosses who regularly nuke (Halfus, Valiona, Baleroc, Morchok) may be painful as a warrior. That's just an example, I'm not stating that warriors are not good as soloing, but every class has its pros and cons.
    I'd say DK is the most versatile class (can be full life whenever needed, can have a pet, has ams, etc) and that's why many people tend to recommend it. That, and because of your e-fame, I guess, you should really have solo'd some things on your paladin before you solo them with your dk, that might have helped to change people's mind.
    But yeah, most tank class and pet class should be able to clean (or almost clean) Cataclysm content, but sadly there isn't someone as talented, devoted and geared than you among every class.

Anyway, for most solo Cata you'll want either a tank class or a pet class. For anything before Cata, any class should be fine.
    Last edited by Senen; 2013-02-26 at 03:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say Blood DK, without a doubt one fo the best 1H sword in game is Spine of one thousand cuts (iirc?) rare trash drop in DS

---------- Post added 2013-02-26 at 06:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Wrong. Level 90 Prot Paladins can solo 25 Heroic LK. That makes them the third class currently able to solo him.

Blood DK (first did in mostly heroic BiS dps gear and past Enrage, later done by someone in 485 or so gear) > Hunter (nearly full BiS, had to survive past Enrage) > Protection Paladin (nearly full heroic BiS dps gear, still hit enrage).

Next tier Guardian Druid and Brewmaster Monk should be able to solo Heroic 25 LK. Probably doable now but haven't heard anyone that has.
    Think you'll find that level 80 Prot Pallies using non level restricted cata/mop gear.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    There is a lot more to high end solo'ing than bursting. Ele Shamans would get OBLITERATED attempting H Lich King 25.

As for the topic of the thread...

Blood DK/Hunter > everything else by a lot.

Well there are a lot of opinions on this obviously, especially since now everything up to and including most of wrath's raid content is completely trivial for most semi-decent soloing classes.

Point is, most dps and tank specs can more and less efficiently solo almost everything up to wrath.

However when it comes to the bosses that are actually challenging to solo right now DK's, hunters and now in MoP warlocks can do more than the other classes.

People suggesting that classes like shaman is a smart choice for soloing clearly don't do the challenging bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood DKS are one of the best for soloing stuff in my opinion, pretty sure hunters can solo a fair bit, could be wrong
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!