CC breaking on HM wind lord

Is there a way to tell who is breaking the CC on the amber trappers from logs?
    I swear I was standing right next to them one time and saw starfall hitting them but our druid maintains that starfall won't hit them if they are CCed...
    These are our logs from him last night: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/g...ses&boss=65501
    Once CC broke I can see a lot of ppl were damaging the trapper b/c it ran into the melee... what I'm interested in is the original spell that broke the CC.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/raidbuffstatus

RBS works perfectly fine for tracking CC breaking.

You can type in Sra'thik Amber-Traper into the log query and it'll show if anyone broke their cc for that attempt.

Don't think starfall breaks the spear cc, but it does break freezing trap and maybe other ccs.

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    You can type in Sra'thik Amber-Traper into the log query and it'll show if anyone broke their cc for that attempt.

Don't think starfall breaks the spear cc, but it does break freezing trap and maybe other ccs.
    I think starfall isn't supposed to break CC as of 5.2. My first reaction is "oh sure it won't."

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/g...A_BROKEN_SPELL

is using the expression editor to show who is breaking CC. No one seems to like that triangle much.

Use the spears, not class CC. That will fix the Starfall thing; our Moonkin uses Starfall every week.

10+ Year Old Account
    cobalt frag bombs or nature's vigil

Yeah, use spears. Looks like it started with a starfall breaking a freezing trap and cascaded from there. Your hunter won't like it but it's better for the group if the moonkin can starfall. Also, for those using spears to CC (after doing /focus on their CC target):

/target focus
    /click ExtraActionButton1
    /targetlasttarget

^ makes it a breeze. Don't have to face the target to CC either. Basically just a button you press every 40-45s while staying within 40 yds of your cc target, and otherwise you do the fight as anyone else would.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Yeah, use spears. Looks like it started with a starfall breaking a freezing trap and cascaded from there. Your hunter won't like it but it's better for the group if the moonkin can starfall.
    I think this is more a case of the Moonkin not being that aware. We have Moonkins using Starfall and I always use my Freezing Trap to CC the adds. Aside from 2 weeks ago we never had any issues.

Don't they still have that glyph that reduces the AoE of it?

Deleted
    Hunters don't like druids on windlord.

1. Moonkin's Starfall breaks our trap so we have to use the annoying spear*
    2. Resto's Nature's Vigil breaks our trap so we have to use the annoying spear*
    3. Druids aren't good at any job on windlord and you have to boost them loot

Spear is around 1.8s cast for hunters while trap is only 1GCD
    Spear doesn't trigger explosive shot procs while trap does
    Spear only lasts 50sec while trap lasts 90sec
    Spear requires you to stand still while trap can be shot while moving
    And other small annoyances like having to set up UI for the timer while hunters allready have it standard for their traps or having to pick up the spears while trap is something we always have.

Belt Bomb or whatever Engineers have broken it lots of times for us. The CC breaks if you CC one of those you kill aswell, for example fists of fury.

Deleted
    I've seen CC break due to my Frost Bomb cleaving off of an Blademaster that charged in the general direction of the trappers.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the macro you're even saving GCD's/time by using the spears instead of personal CC's..
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

15+ Year Old Account
    DBM also starts a countdown, 10, 9, 8, etc when your CC target is going to break when using the spear. So really it's a no brainer to not use traditional cc.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    With the macro you're even saving GCD's/time by using the spears instead of personal CC's..
    Not really. The spear cast is 2s with a 40yd range and the CC duration is 50s.

Hunter trap takes 1 GCD (1s) and procs Lock and Load, and also lasts almost 30 seconds (as survival) longer than a spear. Same range.

Polymorph lasts the same time and has a .3s lower cast time. 30yd range.

Repent lasts 10 seconds longer and has a .5s lower cast time. 30yd range.

I mean... the spear has it's benefits and I've already recommended using it above, but the reason is not that you're saving GCD's, because that isn't true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frag bombs.
    Every week the cc's break because someone tries to minmax.
    Tell people to not use them. If they're still breaking check logs to make sure they aren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Krisshaman View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/g...A_BROKEN_SPELL

is using the expression editor to show who is breaking CC. No one seems to like that triangle much.
    To everyone proposing additional causes of CC breakage, the quoted poster already ran an expression through their logs.

It's not engi bombs or mage bombs or Nature's Vigil. It's people hitting things they shouldn't and Starfall breaking non-spear CC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    To everyone proposing additional causes of CC breakage, the quoted poster already ran an expression through their logs.

It's not engi bombs or mage bombs or Nature's Vigil. It's people hitting things they shouldn't and Starfall breaking non-spear CC.
    I'm confused as to how no-one in a 25man raid has a CC-breaking announcement addon.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

I have to use the spear and my trap to CC 2 adds every week and nothing breaks. It must be that your raiders are too close to them in your druid's case.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart