Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Can someone explain the hunter nerfs/buffs?

I been keeping track off all the nerfs and buffs and i think last week is when we all thought MM would be viable again but then out of nowhere it was nerfed slightly. Same with SV as well. More changes came in today and it looked like chimera shot was nerfed hard and sv scaling was nerfed too. I been trying to find a good civilized thread but all them are just hunters bashing one another, could someone explain what is happening?

Ever remember going to the doctor for a regular check up and standing on the older scales when the nurse would slide the weight back and forth until the scale leveled out just right? Too much one way and it bottomed out, but get it just right and it levels out. That's what they are doing. They may have over shot the first round of fixes. As to the other hunters on here, if one day Blizz rolled out a 1000% dmg increase and the next day they reduced it by 10% some of them would be crying about being nerfed again. It's just the way it goes here.
    My hunter is the genetic love child of Liam Neeson, the Dos Equis guy and Chuck Norris. You lose.

<broken image snip>

Quote Originally Posted by Hogmanlolz View Post
    I been keeping track off all the nerfs and buffs and i think last week is when we all thought MM would be viable again but then out of nowhere it was nerfed slightly. Same with SV as well. More changes came in today and it looked like chimera shot was nerfed hard and sv scaling was nerfed too. I been trying to find a good civilized thread but all them are just hunters bashing one another, could someone explain what is happening?
    Hunters got buffed in the last build (50% chimera, 15% explosive shot and black arrow). And now, in the latest build, the buffed hunters got a nerf. The result is that we are still buffed but slightly less than before. Instead of it being a 15% to explosive shot and black arrow, it's about a 10% buff (when compared to live build).

Hunter nerf , nerf

Blizzard dont like survival Hunters ( MM ) anymore
    only nerfs , nerfs and nerfs
    think it is time to to take a wow break it is not fun anymore
    thanks Blizzard
    It was much more fun in Cata

Quote Originally Posted by Desperados View Post
    Blizzard dont like survival Hunters ( MM ) anymore
    only nerfs , nerfs and nerfs
    think it is time to to take a wow break it is not fun anymore
    thanks Blizzard
    What are you talking about? We are getting a buff.

They got buffs, then they nerfed it a bit, so its still a buff, just not that much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperados View Post
    *Cringe*
    So it has begun.

Posted this in another thread but here ya go...:

Chronologically...:

1. GC on original set of buffs:

Aimed Shot damage +10%.
    Chimera Shot damage +50%.
    Steady Shot damage +20%.
    Black Arrow and Explosive Shot damage +15%.
    2. Build 16618:

Steady Shot additional damage increased by 44% and weapon damage increased to 60%, up from 50%.

Marksmanship
    Aimed Shot weapon damage increased to 350%, up from 320%. Additional damage increased by 20%.
    Chimera Shot now does 315% ranged weapon Nature damage, up from 210%. Additional damage increased by 125%. Now heals you for 5% of your total health, up from 3%.

Survival
    Black Arrow damage and AP scaling increased by 15%.
    Explosive Shot damage and AP scaling increased by 15%.
    Math behind the above numbers:
    Steady shot: 50% * 1.2 (+20%) = 60%
    Aimed: 320% * 1.1 (+10%) = 352%
    Chimera: 210% * 1.5 (+50%) = 315%

3. GC on reducing above buffs:
    We overshot the mark on DKs and hunters a little, and we think warriors need that Execute nerf after all. All of this may change tomorrow as we look at different situations, so don't overly freak out about anything.
    Chimera Shot damage +25% (was +50%).
    Black Arrow and Explosive Shot damage +10% (was +15%).
    4. Build 16634
    Chimera Shot now does 265% ranged weapon Nature damage, down from 315%. Additional damage reduced by 30%.

Survival
    Black Arrow damage and AP scaling reduced by 5%.
    Explosive Shot damage and AP scaling reduced by 4%.
    Chimera: 210% (original) * 1.25 (+25%) = 262.5% (so more like a 26-27% buff)

Black arrow down by 5% from +15% increase to 10%....
    Explosive shot down by 4% (for whatever reason) from +15% increase to 11%...

What confuses a lot of people is that GC says a general number and then the more specific numbers come out in the patch notes a few days later.

So for instance the latest news about BA and ES getting damage/AP scaling nerfs was really just the specific numbers behind the 5% nerf he mentioned they were getting a few days ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post

Chronologically...:

2. Build 16618:

4. Build 16634

Thanks for this mate, this was what I was looking for through a sea of threads!

Deleted
    I guess what OP meant is "were SV and MM so op with the original buffs that they had to be tuned down"?

Exactly what post #2 said, so I'm just gonna quote him:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuadu View Post
    Ever remember going to the doctor for a regular check up and standing on the older scales when the nurse would slide the weight back and forth until the scale leveled out just right? Too much one way and it bottomed out, but get it just right and it levels out. That's what they are doing. They may have over shot the first round of fixes. As to the other hunters on here, if one day Blizz rolled out a 1000% dmg increase and the next day they reduced it by 10% some of them would be crying about being nerfed again. It's just the way it goes here.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by spiattalo View Post
    I guess what OP meant is "were SV and MM so op with the original buffs that they had to be tuned down"?
    We never got to actually play them and compare the two specs to other 5.2 specs, so who really knows? All the theory numbers are fragmented across a bunch of class-specific spreadsheets and sims.

no hunters were never OP in fact they were not even comparable to warlocks... but that has never stopped them from screwing hunters over.

The biggest problem is they have messed up hunters so bad over teh course of wow they have to constantly buff them just to make them work somewhat correctly. They no longer scale correctly with gear, this is further made obvious by the blanket 5% AP boost and the 100% buff to SrS. Blizzard is simply too lazy to fix the class correctly

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    no hunters were never OP in fact they were not even comparable to warlocks... but that has never stopped them from screwing hunters over.

The biggest problem is they have messed up hunters so bad over teh course of wow they have to constantly buff them just to make them work somewhat correctly. They no longer scale correctly with gear, this is further made obvious by the blanket 5% AP boost and the 100% buff to SrS. Blizzard is simply too lazy to fix the class correctly
    Please... Play a warr for 5 years & then see who has been nerfed harder over the years. Hunters have always stayed in the same place for the majority of WoW. This is still a buff as people have mentioned. Although I do still miss Eyes of the beast...

-Grim

Quote Originally Posted by Grim32 View Post
    Please... Play a warr for 5 years & then see who has been nerfed harder over the years. Hunters have always stayed in the same place for the majority of WoW. This is still a buff as people have mentioned. Although I do still miss Eyes of the beast...

-Grim
    yet since ulduar in wrath warriors have always seems to perform better then hunters in high end raiding more often then not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    yet since the beginning warriors have always seemed to perform better then hunters in high end gear more often then not.
    Fixed that for you. Until MoP, we havent scaled nearly as well with gear as other classes. We still don't scale well enough, either. Hell, Surv doesn't even scale with weapon damage for around 60% of its overall damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Fixed that for you. Until MoP, we havent scaled nearly as well with gear as other classes. We still don't scale well enough, either. Hell, Surv doesn't even scale with weapon damage for around 60% of its overall damage.
    hunters still do not scale well, thus the band aid buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    hunters still do not scale well, thus the band aid buffs.
    ...Which I already said.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post

Chronologically...:

2. Build 16618:

4. Build 16634

4% is a typo, it's actually 5%. (See official notes)