Could SoO start at an air ship?

I have no idea how SoO will look like, what parts of it, but I thought about DS today because i went in there for lolz today, anyway, I thought maybe blizzard could make something like You start from an air ship and then land (like the dragon into the old god thingies, but instead of one boss, it could be like "one zone" with 3 or more bosses in it. Think it could work? Either with the use of portals, or with the use of Wyverns/Gryphons. It could solve issues like having alliance go to orgrimmar, instead of going to pandaria on a random ship (or anything else, i have no idea how the faction war story will unfold). I mean it could solve the place for it to be so that lowbies can avoid going into "big monster" portal.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please god no, not another "let's teleport all around the raid instance fighting waves of enemies ending in a boss" tier.

Please let Blizz have learned their lesson from DS.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Doesn't mean it have to "Teleport all around", could just be "teleport once", Though I'd say the problem with DS was more of it being easy execution and too little, trash, and too many reused models, but that's going off-topic.

I'm not going to lie.. I had this all planned out in my mind once they announced the concept of SoO. Strangely, it was similar in theory to your idea.

While we're not guaranteed to have the instance portal to the setting of SoO within Pandaria, it makes a lot of sense to have the instance start their and work their way over to Orgrimmar proper. Placing the instance portal at or near (within a zone or two of) Orgrimmar would make it difficult for players who are leveling their way through those zones. We've already seen Dalaran purged of all Blood Elves within an instanced setting, but subsequent "visits" to the city for various reasons show the city bustling as it did in the past. While Orgrimmar is likely to be the setting of the seige, it's unlikely that we'll see further changes to the continent surrounding Orgrimmar after they spent so much time revamping the "old world" in the previous expansion. Vote -- not likely to happen.

There are other possibilities ... Caverns of Time (-_-) or Portals from Thunder Bluff/Darnassus, but.. why? Those don't seem to offer much in the way of sense. What does seem more likely is a starting point somewhere within Pandaria. This could be started in one of two ways: portal or flight. Blizzard could take the story arc through more of the battle between Jaina and the Blood Elves and have a group of portals set up outside Orgrimmar for us to invade. Seems not so... epic, in my opinion. What could be interesting would be a single "event" over to our final destination. I know we're all sick of Gunship-type battles by this point (or, at least, I know that I am), but I'm sure people could come up with more interesting ideas. What if the Pandaren turtle were to take the team over to Durotar for an assault, and meanwhile you encountered a Sha-infested climb center pillar to use a hot air balloon to enter into the land-locked capital doors? What if the Dwarves and Goblins were able to dig an underground tunnel beneath the ocean to enter within the center of Orgrimmar?

The point: "teleporting all around the raid instance" is not fun... but teleporting from a single random location to the entrance of Orgrimmar sounds rather lame, too. Let's hope they found a happy medium.

I sure hope not. Anything remotely similar to DS is a huge turn-off.
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    when I go to the carnival and drop 5 bucks on a -game- I don't bitch when I don't win the stuffed bear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanlol View Post
    I sure hope not. Anything remotely similar to DS is a huge turn-off.
    So DS start on an airship?

Wasn't the major problem people had with DS (and probably ICC as well, can't remember) that it was out for too long? At least that was the Main problem, though ICC had the issue of "Unlocking" system. Add the fact that alot of people just played wow to kill Lich king, making the big "ICC" hype bigger, but w/e. DS was also a big tower where you teleported around alot and just, pretty much made it lazy, kind of by making you able to "Fly there kill trash kill boss", but with an airship, or something like that, you could just have it either as a Naxx raid, or just make it a raid portal, and then you fly to the start instead.

You don't even need to teleport around at all, even though I 100% believe that SoO will be much bigger than Orgrimmar, itself, just like the dragon soul area was bigger looking than that of Dragonblight, for ingame reasons. Anyway you could just start from the airship (as a portal), but i don't know at all where they will keep the new daily area, even if there is one coming in the patch before that one.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    The entire second half was about airships.

Also, it's time we stop using airships in the final battle. We used them in ICC and DS.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    You would have to take out the AA turrets before you can get air support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Its not that it started on an Airship, it was that the immersion was ruined, at least for me, here is my complaint..

- You enter Dragonblight on Path of the Titans fighting cultists and elemental trash before the first boss, it grabs you in, I must fight my way to a besieged Wyrmrest temple.

- then in essence you take "portals" to 2 bosses in some Old God Maw that seems really disconnected from the raid itself.

- Go back to the top of Wyrmerest to fight Hagara then Ultraxion grabs you back in to why you are their in the first place.

- but that disconnect for bosses 2 and 3 just kind of made DS meh as far as immersion goes.

just my 2 copper and totally off topic.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

I expect 5.4 to be another Pandaria raid, where Garrosh does something that pushes everyone over the edge. Right now, only the trolls and thrall are there. Maybe the Tauren from Garrosh's attempt on Anduin's life.

5.3 or 5.5 sees to Dalaran's landing in Theramore's crater, creating the base of ALLIANCE entrance into Orgrimmar. The Trolls would construct a city on the Echo Isles, giving them a base for the Horde entrance into Orgrimmar. (Next xpac, both this new troll city and gnomeregan are revamped into actual capital cities).

That's my view at least.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want to be a Submarine this time, Airships are soooo last two expansions. :3

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckadoodle View Post
    Its not that it started on an Airship, it was that the immersion was ruined, at least for me, here is my complaint..

- You enter Dragonblight on Path of the Titans fighting cultists and elemental trash before the first boss, it grabs you in, I must fight my way to a besieged Wyrmrest temple.

- then in essence you take "portals" to 2 bosses in some Old God Maw that seems really disconnected from the raid itself.

- Go back to the top of Wyrmerest to fight Hagara then Ultraxion grabs you back in to why you are their in the first place.

- but that disconnect for bosses 2 and 3 just kind of made DS meh as far as immersion goes.

just my 2 copper and totally off topic.
    You don't take portals... you ride dragons to the maws which are really close to the temple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KinKarasu View Post
    And after the submarine, it drops us off on the back of a massive Kraken vice the back of a dragon.. i am soooo game for that

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 05:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    You don't take portals... you ride dragons to the maws which are really close to the temple.
    Hence the "portals" in quotes.. I know it isnt the most accurate portrayal but I was trying to make a point about immersion in DS and did say it is only my opinion.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KinKarasu View Post
    Orgrimmar is in a desert and is in a valley. Maybe it would be useful if you use it to take back the docks.

Deleted
    sorry but whats SoO?