Page 1 of 2
LastLast

World of warcraft, worst MMO game questing system

Hello everyone, good morning, evening, afternoon. Not too long ago my guild decided to make alts on another server, we chose, for fun, the worst there is. Alliance Warsong. Im not sure if it is the worst but it definetly looks like it. Less than 15 alliance lvl 90 online. So I decided to get my toon up as fast as I could, I paid for another account and did RAF and got to level 70 really fast.

At lvl 70, I got tired of dongeons so I decided to quest. I went to DragonBlight in northrend and started my, painful, quest there. The first quest I did If I dont count the talking ones was about looting the bodies of dead humains to find a bag that may contain the quest item. I killed one and then, I got ganked by a level 90. I ran back to my body and rezzed, after looking at a few more bodies, ganked again, by a level 90. I did a few quests, getting ganked every 2-3 minutes then I gave up. I ran dongeons up to lvl 75. At 75 I wanted to do the Ring of Anguish, I thought I could solo it since I was a tank and I had two accounts, so I went there, then as I was logging out since I had to go, a lvl 90 hunter came and ganked me. I didnt really care as I had to go, so I just logged off. When I came back later that night ( it was two days ago ) I saw a ton of hordes CAMPING the place I was. As I rezzed and tried to get away, I would just get one shotted by, rogues, hunters, mages, warlocks. Anything. I had to, just to get away, take the spirit healer rez. As I complained to my guildmates, they told me, Yea but when that happens, you should just change questing zone... I didnt like the idea at the time, I still did it. I worked my way to lvl 80.

At level 80 my Ilvl was too low to keep doing dongeons, so I went to Hyjal, what a fun place. As I arrive, I see about... 30 hordes, standing in the area. I got up to the zone where you kill the werewolves to loot whatever they drop, right after that I decided to go to Va shir. It took me about 3 hours to decide to switch zone. During that time, I was able to do, not even 25 quests, because Every minute I would get ganked. Level 85-90s were everywhere. Vashir isnt a zone many people like questing at, it wasnt so bad there but still had troubles every now and then.

Alright, now, I am in deepholm, gank rate is lower than it was in hyjal, but still extreamly hard to deal with. I was playing the game a few mins before I decided to create this post, and my rez timer is stuck at 2 minutes.

The reason I am making this post is to talk about questing and how Xrealm zone made it, impossible, in PvP servers.

I agree that in pvp server, you should be able to gank, its the whole reason why it exist, but there are only 3 ways of leveling up, and questing is one of them. If you tell me, just reroll a pve server, Ill say no, why should I? Why would transferring to a pve server be the only way of being able to quest? Why should I be unable to quest, simply because I chose the wrong faction in a pvp server? It wouldnt make any sense. I started playing this game at the start of wolk, and I have never, ever died so often in such a short amount of time. Even the 150 attempts I had on Heroic Baleroc were not this plainful. 90% of the ganks were commited by lvl 90s, giving me no chance of even being able to defend myself. Every day I would see alliance running around on their level 90 to respond to these ganks.

If you think about it from a new player perspective, or more, if I was a new player, trying out a pvp server on the non-dominant faction, I would simply quit. Its so annoying to simply, randomly die like this. Questing on these servers are simply painful, and it was not meant to be this way, it simply couldnt be. Right now, I am forced to level by doing BGs, instances, wait the 2 minute rez and SLOWLY progress in my quest line or simply go play something else.

The problem comes from crossrealm zones, I dont think I even saw one of the lvl 90 hordes from warsong once since I started playing on this server, the crossrealm zone, correct me if I am wrong, Was meant to revive world PVP, I like the idea, however it made questing impossible at certain level range. Leveling an alt becomes long and frustrating if you are questing, and boring if you only run dongeons. The issue here is the fact that there are too many high levels in low level quest zones, even deepholm! Why would anyone ever want to go to deepholm!? The answer is ganking. After a long discussion with my guildies that started with my QQs about how unfair it was, I ended up talking about random things and ideas that could make the situation better. Id like the readers who are interested in the topic to think about this too and tell us what you think about it.

I think players who wish to level by questing should be allowed to, even in pvp servers, I like world pvp but its just too intense atm, and in my book, getting one shotted by someone 15-10 levels highter than you is not pvp. Or if it is, its not fun pvp. So, keep that crap in MOP, not in cata, not in wolk. There is nothing fun in waiting for the 2 min timers because you keep dying to people who play unfairly, and its also not fun to switch to your main just to get revenge, it makes me wanna play league. I hope blues get notice of this if they didnt yet. Later people, have a nice breakfast, day or night.

This sounds exactly like what a PvP server should be like.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    IMO WoW has one of the best quest systems, because you can quest to the cap.

A lot of games devolve quickly into mindless grinding as early as level 20.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    This sounds exactly like what a PvP server should be like.
    Truth. There is SUPPOSED to be PvP on a PvP server. Also, no blue will see your post since you didn't put it on the official forums.

Sounds like how a PvP server should work to me. Sounds like OP should have rolled on a PvE server since they want to be able to choose when to engage in PvP.

... so working as intended? fun times. Knowing that CRZ is going nowhere, what would you propose as an alternative that meets your needs?

topic name doesn't really have anything to do with your rant....you got ganked a lot...thats not bad questing thats WARcraft, unfair pvp has been around since internet gaming existed.

I won't tell you to switch to a PvE server. Rather, ill mention that you did roll on a PvP server. I'd also like to point out that your title is very misleading, in that the questing system is not to fault for the problem that you have described.

You being frustrated is understandable. That is some of the beauty of a PvP server, when you reach 90 you feel like not only have you achieved a goal, but you have achieved a difficult goal. Try leveling from 1-70 through questing if you want a real challenge. I honestly loved leveling from 1-85 when I played, and did it only through zone questing. PvP makes the game intense.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You shouldn't have rolled on a PvP server. Why should the game change because you didn't understand what you were getting yourself in to? That's a selfish attitude.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

I seriously don't get how telling you to roll on a PvE server doesn't make sense. A PvP server allows you to attack other players in the world. That is the only difference between it and a PvE server. So, I wonder why it's so unreasonable to you to tell you that you should roll on a PvE server if you don't want to get attacked while playing? Is it because you intend to attack other players when you're level 90? Are you attaching some kind of prestige to a PvP server? In your opening, you clearly state that you and your friends decided to all roll alts on this particular server. If you didn't want to get camped and ganked while leveling, why did you choose it?

Used to play a PvP server, transferred my characters because I like to pvp when I want to. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Honnycorns View Post
    Hello everyone, good morning, evening, afternoon. Not too long ago my guild decided to make alts on another server, we chose, for fun, the worst there is. Alliance Warsong. Im not sure if it is the worst but it definetly looks like it. Less than 15 alliance lvl 90 online. So I decided to get my toon up as fast as I could, I paid for another account and did RAF and got to level 70 really fast.

I think players who wish to level by questing should be allowed to, even in pvp servers, I like world pvp but its just too intense atm, and in my book, getting one shotted by someone 15-10 levels highter than you is not pvp. Or if it is, its not fun pvp. So, keep that crap in MOP, not in cata, not in wolk. There is nothing fun in waiting for the 2 min timers because you keep dying to people who play unfairly, and its also not fun to switch to your main just to get revenge, it makes me wanna play league. I hope blues get notice of this if they didnt yet. Later people, have a nice breakfast, day or night.
    Why don't you transfer or reroll a pve server? That would save you all of the hassle. Part of being on a pvp server is getting ganked and even camped. If this bothers you, then a pvp server isn't for you. Pvp servers aren't for saying that you're on a pvp server or to pvp only when you want.

TLDR: Move to a pve server

Quote Originally Posted by Honnycorns
    If you tell me, just reroll a pve server, Ill say no, why should I? Why would transferring to a pve server be the only way of being able to quest? Why should I be unable to quest, simply because I chose the wrong faction in a pvp server? It wouldnt make any sense.
    You admitted you made one wrong choice in "choosing the wrong faction," yet you'd be be fine with it if you were Horde, right?

You need to admit your second mistake: You're just being stubborn and that yes, you should pay the small fee required to level the way you want to level on a PVE server, undisturbed by members of the opposite faction.

Alright, troll-like response time!

PVP HAPPENED ON A PVP SERVER? NOI WAI!

But in all seriousness, YOU chose to roll a pvp server that YOU even knew was horrible for ailliance. If you want to play on that server you have to learn to accept the consequences that come with it. Simple as that. Not going to tell you what to do, just be aware of the consequences. Also, pretty sure all "New Players" servers are marked as PvE, and for a reason. Blizzard doesn't need to put a notice up when you try to roll on a pvp server.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brouhaha View Post
    Used to play a PvP server, transferred my characters because I like to pvp when I want to. Simple as that.
    What about when you don't want to and other people want to?
    Last edited by Last Starfighter; 2013-02-26 at 12:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha. I'm currently leveling two characters at the same time - a monk and a warrior. My favored leveling option is questing, doing only one run per dungeon to do the quests. These are my first two characters since CRZ was implemented and I'm for some strange reason enjoying getting killed by horde 90s.

When I play my main and farm low level content for whatever reason, I always avoid killing low level hordes, usually waving or bowing to them when I see them. There are different kinds of players and there are those who will happily one-shot when they see you. Even when they try to camp my body, I find it a challenge to ress as sneakily as I can and then either run away or continue questing under their nose until they kill me again.

A few days ago I was questing with a friend of mine in Tanaris and we were getting killed by a DK who was following us around the questing area. We decided to make a game of it where I was the bait and the diversion while he was finishing a quest for the both of us. It was fun. Then again, there was also a 90 Shadow Priest who was doing Archaeology in the same place where I was doing some quests and we just kept bumping into eachother without any conflict.

There really is nothing you can do about it except "roll on a PvE server" if you never ever want to get killed. I return the favor by murdering hordies of my own level because as a Protection Warrior there's practically nothing that can counter me at lower levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Honnycorns View Post
    Hello everyone, good morning, evening, afternoon. Not too long ago my guild decided to make alts on another server, we chose, for fun, the worst there is. Alliance Warsong. Im not sure if it is the worst but it definetly looks like it.
    Sounds to me like you're getting the "fun" experience you were looking for to begin with.

You did roll as the low pop faction on the server knowing that the horde would out number you.... While personally I just finished leveling a hunter from 1-90 without much trouble, I can understand how frustrating it is to not even have a chance to get away. Ive been playing since Vanilla so getting ganked/camped is nothing new to me. I actually feel that having some peeps out ganking adds a level for danger to the world. But could defenitly see it pissing off a new player who didnt realise his faction was that out numbered. I think they need to try to use CRZ to even the factions out(2 high horde pop and 2 high ally pop together kinda of thing). I think mixing them like that would help give a better leveling experience and not just from not getting camped, it would also help with the feel that the Horde and Alliance are going head to head rather than one side rolling the other. I do also like the idea of it scaling your level down to the zone(lvl 20 in a 15-20 zone) with perhaps an option to stay lvl 90 but doesnt allow you to attack enemy players while at max level.

10+ Year Old Account
    And what other mmos have you played?

Also in the last few days I have leveled my monk to 65. That whole time I got ganked once. I don't see why everyone is making such a big deal about crz.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-02-26 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Dam you Ipad Auto-correct!
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    So you rolled on a bad server for fun and now are getting shit on and realizing that it isn't fun? That sounds more like you and your guild have monumentally impaired foresight. As for why there are so many 90s in deepholm it has to do with a little something called Reins of the Phosphorescent Stone Drake that drops off of Aeonaxx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.